Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Doctors and Bloodwork. Ins. co's

So, i May be planning a cycle within the next few months and will be getting blood work before, during and after. If i do decide to, i will be Starting it with Dbol the first four weeks @ 50mg's ED(Only have 50mg caps). This will alter my lipids im sure.

Now when asking for bloodwork from a Doc. she will wonder why I'm concerned with my Cholesterol, What do ya say?

If i dont admit the use of anabolics... She will want to treat my bad cholesterol numbers because thats what shes paid to do. They will obviously go to normal post cycle but shes gonna wonder why i dont want to recieve treatment(cholesterol meds), Yet i was so concerned in the first place.

Also, i did get gyno surgery that my insurance company paid for. Its cause was reported as unknowingly ingesting anabolic steroids . Now would she relay to my insurance company that i am now purposely using them if i admit my usage? Or just tell them im using them now resulting in my insurance company dropping me from my plan?

Sorry for the long read but if i cycle, id like to do it the correct way. Any Info would be greatly appreciated thanks bro's!

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    If she prescribes meds it doesn't mean you have to fill the script. You haven't done the bloodwork yet so I wouldn't project the high lipid #'s. With your history of "unknown injestion", be careful with what you tell the doc. This is a very touchy area and you must use commom sense and discretion.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Though its not something to tell everyone your doctor cannot by law disclose anything to your insurance company without your consent. If something were to happen you could definitely sue her. I wouldnt worry about this too much.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Though its not something to tell everyone your doctor cannot by law disclose anything to your insurance company without your consent. If something were to happen you could definitely sue her. I wouldnt worry about this too much.
    Doctors can/will if they know you are doing something illegal. They have that option, but other than that their lips are sealed.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post

Bad advice, read your insurance policy and I'm betting you already consented to give up your rights of privacy to them. I sold health insurance for 2 years. Never put nothing past any type of insurance companies as its a dirty business.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    Bad advice, read your insurance policy and I'm betting you already consented to give up your rights of privacy to them. I sold health insurance for 2 years. Never put nothing past any type of insurance companies as its a dirty business.
    I'm taking commercial law right now and we had to deal with insurance policies, even if you dont tell them that you are using and they find out they can refuse to pay out a claim as well as canceling your coverage and passing that info to other companies.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    for the cholesterol you could just say your family has a bad history with levels so you would like to be informed of where you stand. and you don't have to take any medication she gives you. if they go back to normal after and you get tested again, just say the meds must have worked. make her happy

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    funny, i came clean with my doctor today... he didn't seem to really care. asked him for a full blood work up and he did so... no problems... if your so worried, u might wanna go to another doctor outside of your insurance company and pay the money... i like the idea of doctors supervision while cycling, lets me sleep better at night...

Family doctors don't know as much about cycling and the red flags as most of the vets here. They skipped that subject in med school.
    Last edited by MercyDog; 07-10-2008 at 05:27 PM.

I'm not sure if there accurate, and never used them but hasn't otc Cholesterol kits been available for a few years now by Johnson & Johnson?

Also, is it even a good idea to treat Cholesterol while on a cycle?

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    Doctors these days are generally way too overwhelmed with seeing patient to give a crap about why you're concerned about cholesterol. The doctor orders cholesterol levels on a routine basis for screening purposes a zillion times per day. They just don't have time to care. About notifying authorities or insurance companies, same deal. Usually they will at least consider ratting you out if you are diverting or abusing narcotics, but a doctor is not going to report you to anyone for using steroids . Could they? Yeah, you signed a release in the doctor's office the first time you came in, maybe in fine print everytime: HIPPA allows release of info without specific consent for medical purposes such as to other docs who are treating you, or insurance companies.

However, even if the doctor does not specifically notify anyone per se think about THIS: most doctors will mention in progress notes any drug use, because not to do so is an inaccuracy of the history and is important info that the doc should have on record for his or her clinical use. Now for some reason, be it questioning a claim or say one day you switch to a diff ins company (who will want to know about any pre-existing conditions) they will typically ask your doctor by mail for your medical records: often for the past year or so. Your doctor is going to hand them over, not commit fraud for you and hold that part. So unwittingly and without bad intentions they will find out. That does not necessarily mean that they won't pay on a claim, but keep that in mind.

Treating lipids while on cycle: don't see any reason why you couldn't though can't say if you'd be clinically more resistant to a response to such treatment.

Also, I disagree with getting into a tangled web of falsehoods with your doctor. If you get lipids that doc thinks you should treat, you could (like many patients legitimately do) just say: I want to first try diet and exercise for a couple of months and then maybe retest. No doc can argue with that (unless the lipids are in the stratosphere which is unlikely).
    Last edited by scibble; 07-10-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    Just say you've eating a ton of red meat and whole eggs...j/k

scibble, good post

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    thanks M D

Strategus is offline Female Member
    I would recommend getting your own blood work done through a site like http://www.directlabs.com/ or http://www.healthcheckusa.com/.

For cholesterol and basic stuff like red cell count, liver values, etc. just order the "most popular" package of tests.

It will cost about $150-170 or so for the basic workup. Hormone levels generally aren't included - a package with them is around $300.

Chalk this up to the costs of doing the cycle.

They will send you to a LabCorp or similar place to get the blood drawn, and they will then send or email the results directly to you. (confidential)

Definitely do it pre-cycle to know what the process is like and to get baseline values.

You will want to read up a little bit on what cholesterol/HDL/LDL values are normal or high/low, but it's a great way to take charge of your own situation and avoid unnecessary visits/expenses with doctors and insurance companies (and avoid docs trying to give cholesterol meds that aren't needed).

Batlin MD is offline New Member
    I always think its best to be honest with your doc. If you have some 60 yo hard nose doc that you are afraid to tell him what your doing, I would change immedaitely. I finally found a doc that I'm totally honest with and know everything I'm doing. I get a complete blood work up done ever 2-3 months and they run it right through the insurance company. The only thing that he cannot run but 2x a year is IGF and something else I can't remember, I think HCG . My doc says if he tests that on me every 90 days a flag goes up. So I pay my co-pay and the non covered items cost me $50.

The blood report before my last one, my LDL was 78 =) the only thing I had was slightly elevated liver function and low TEST =(. I did a 12 program HGH, Test Gel, T4 etc.. I lost 12 poounds, gained some muscle. Right after I did blood work again, my LDL was 118, still good, but I was still low TEST and I was low on B12 and liver was normal.

I'm on week 3 of 12 of a cycle of Test-E only 500mg/wk I am also taking 2cc of B12 per week. At Week 10/11 I will be back to the doc for complete workup again and then again for blood right after PCT.

It is really valuabe to be able to get blood work done even if all you want to see is your LDL/HDL #s, when you're eating a high protein/complex carb diet each persons body might react differently especially while taking AAS. If you can't tell your current doc whats going on get a new one, there are tons of docs out there that will support you, maybe not condone steroids but atleast make sure you don't get hurt.

Good Luck,
    Bat

Thread Information