Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BIGDOGIRISH is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmaq90 View Post
    lol we arent talking about I got a gym membership and quit a week later when I saw no results. I worked out and ate 6 meals for over a year and saw very minimal results. And my workout didnt look anything like my current one. I worked out legs, arms, back, etc. A full fledged workout...

Like I said over that year my bench went up a full 50 pounds. But I didnt see increases in size even though I was eating 4000-5000 calories a day.

Hell you'd change up too if you didnt get results you liked in a year, with hours of work put into it daily...
    If you want help getting a solution to your problem then your gonna have to be really honest here before people lose interest as your sounding like your not listening. FORGET THE HAVOC!!!!!(Try Creatine perhaps if you want safer)

Im willing to bet you ate nowhere near 4000-5000 calories a day.
    Did you actually sit, write down and calculate out from everything you ate???? Or just throw an estimate.
    Cause only way you didnt gain on them calories was if you did MASSIVE amounts of cardio every day or there was no protein in it.(then you'd be fat)
    Just doesnt add up.

Gmaq90 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGIRISH View Post
    If you want help getting a solution to your problem then your gonna have to be really honest here before people lose interest as your sounding like your not listening. FORGET THE HAVOC!!!!!(Try Creatine perhaps if you want safer)

Im willing to bet you ate nowhere near 4000-5000 calories a day.
    Did you actually sit, write down and calculate out from everything you ate???? Or just throw an estimate.
    Cause only way you didnt gain on them calories was if you did MASSIVE amounts of cardio every day or there was no protein in it.(then you'd be fat)
    Just doesnt add up.
    Honestly its very hard for me to keep track of the exact amount of calories because I didnt cook most meals myself. I spent around $50-$100 a day on food and almost a good 3 meals a day where at sit down restaurants. I was eating about 6 times a day and I was able to eat more food than I ever have been.

However, I'd be willing to say that 4000 calories a day was a fairly conservative estimate. I have recently tried to keep track of my calories for a day and I ate just shy of 3500 yesterday. However, my apetite and the amount I normally eat is much less than what it was when I was working out daily.

I really think it has everything to do with age. My older brother gained 30lbs around the same time im seeing this weight gain so I believe its coming for me as well. This morning I weighed 187 which is much more than I normally weigh early on in the day.

Im going to continue with my protein for about another 6 weeks and see what happens... I appreciate all the information, and I have no intentions of getting on this stuff. It appears that even if I were to take it there would be better alternatives health wise and reward wise...

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    you consider restaurants to be healthy food? nice. $50-100 a day sounds like it was wasted.. i feel bad for you. go to the grocery store, buy some real food and cook it yourself. and get a better workout. that doesn't sound effective at all. 1 exercise for each muscle, all on the same day? not good.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    you consider restaurants to be healthy food? nice. $50-100 a day sounds like it was wasted.. i feel bad for you. go to the grocery store, buy some real food and cook it yourself. and get a better workout. that doesn't sound effective at all. 1 exercise for each muscle, all on the same day? not good.
    1. Is that an incorrect assumption? Obviously it depends on the restaurant and the food, but is a piece of chicken from TGIFridays really that different than one I grill at my house and bought from winn dixie? I eat good food, im just not much for preparing it myself.

2. Ive been working out since my freshman year of highschool and from my experience working out has very little to do with what your doing and much more to do with consistency. Last year I had a 45min weight lifting class in college, I did the same workout I am doing now (the only exection being only twice a week) because of time restraints, and by the end of a semester was benching more, looked bigger, etc. I mean I didnt see any drastic gains, but I did see improvement in a few months using a workout you guys find laughable.
    Last edited by Gmaq90; 08-11-2008 at 12:15 PM.

1. Is that an incorrect assumption? Obviously it depends on the restaurant and the food, but is a piece of chicken from TGIFridays really that different than one I grill at my house and bought from winn dixie? I eat good food, im just not much for preparing it myself.

2. Ive been working out since my freshman year of highschool and from my experience working out has very little to do with what your doing and much more to do with consistency. Last year I had a 45min weight lifting class in college, I did the same workout I am doing now (the only exection being only twice a week) because of time restraints, and by the end of a semester was benching more, looked bigger, etc. I mean I didnt see any drastic gains, but I did see improvement in a few months using a workout you guys find laughable.
    Your supposed to mix your routine up a bit so that your body doesnt become accustomed to the work out.
    Also everytime you go to the gym you should be pushing for an extra rep or adding weight.
    No offence but it sounds like your having a very relaxed workout. Kinda like the type a girl would do to keep toned.(dont get mad at that remark!!!!)
    If you want muscle you gota be killing yourself in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGIRISH View Post
    Your supposed to mix your routine up a bit so that your body doesnt become accustomed to the work out.
    Also everytime you go to the gym you should be pushing for an extra rep or adding weight.
    No offence but it sounds like your having a very relaxed workout. Kinda like the type a girl would do to keep toned.(dont get mad at that remark!!!!)
    If you want muscle you gota be killing yourself in the gym.
    Ha, no your completely correct... It is a very relaxed work out. I really just wanted to keep what I had as far as strength and put on a little extra weight. Im not into the whole ripped up look and would prefer just a thicker body from top to bottom. Not ripped, but natural looking. Dont get me wrong I dont want to put on 20lbs that goes straight into my stomach, but I also dont want to look like even a small body builder.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Imagine what you could of gained if you actually knew what you were doing.

I mean I didnt see any drastic gains, but I did see improvement in 8 weeks using a workout you guys find laughable.
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 08-11-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Ha, no your completely correct... It is a very relaxed work out. I really just wanted to keep what I had as far as strength and put on a little extra weight. Im not into the whole ripped up look and would prefer just a thicker body from top to bottom. Not ripped, but natural looking. Dont get me wrong I dont want to put on 20lbs that goes straight into my stomach, but I also dont want to look like even a small body builder.
    At your height 20lbs most definately isnt going to make you look like even a very small body builder.
    I'll bet you'll get hooked on it once you do put on 20lbs and then you'll want another 20lbs.
    Just take on board what the guys are saying. Fix the diet and training and you'll be filling out in no time.

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    bttom line dude.......Eat some more food, and train hard....dont look for an easy way out, especially if you are not willing to put in the time and effort....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information