Thread: b12: subQ or IM

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~

b12: subQ or IM

I have been researching threads on this for a little while and notice there is a good bit of debate between the best method of administration for b12.

I noticed though that the PDR states that b12's best method of administration is IV, then SubQ, then IM, i would like to go the SubQ route as it will cause less scar tissue and has a slower, more controlled release.

My question is how would someone go about injecting 1cc or over SubQ, i figure a slin pin would be the best method but is it possible to do this?

one8nine is offline Banned
    why wouldnt it be possible? i prefer IM but i cant see why you shouldnt be able to use a 1ml slin pin

btw on google you can get like 250ml of 3000mcg b12 for like 9 dollars

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    I've always injected B12 IM and every doctor I know does the same

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    I've always injected B12 IM and every doctor I know does the same
    i have no problem with that, its just that if i'm gonna be doing ed or eod injections year round id perfer to be able to inject subq as well to limit scar tissue

i'll prolly just get some 5000mcg/mL cyano so i only have to inject 20IU and just slin pin it

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    I have been researching threads on this for a little while and notice there is a good bit of debate between the best method of administration for b12.

I noticed though that the PDR states that b12's best method of administration is IV, then SubQ, then IM, i would like to go the SubQ route as it will cause less scar tissue and has a slower, more controlled release.

My question is how would someone go about injecting 1cc or over SubQ, i figure a slin pin would be the best method but is it possible to do this?
    i shoot mine IM.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i'd be shooting it IM

you can get 29 gauge pins, 1.5" ive had them before

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i do im

thats what i was thinking, cause i have 32g and i just put some 1000mcg/mL cyano in them to see how it came out and it shot out under a ton of pressure so i better get something a little bigger

Vergil is offline New Member
    To bump this thread. Does it matter if it is B12 or a B12 complex?

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    b12 complex has less actaul b12 prob only 5mcg vs b12 plus has 1000mcg

Quote Originally Posted by Flex-Appeal View Post
    b12 complex has less actaul b12 prob only 5mcg vs b12 plus has 1000mcg
    depends on the complex, i use a b complex that is still 1000mcg/mL of cyanocobalamin, plus a ton of other stuff

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    Phate, my man ! B12 is one of those vits. that if u take it today and wont take any for the next 20 years. Then test urself on b12 presence - guess what ? U'll still have it in your system. Too much of B12 isn't good too. 5mg is a big dose - not human, probably bovine injections.Am I right ? Even with B12 deficiency there a special schedule of injections u should follow. Too much of b12 is a guaranteed stones in your organs bro.

Oh yea , there's no B12 complex I believe. Vit.B complex that contains B1,B2,B6 and B12 that I can understand, but VitB12 complex ??? Right now I know there's a methylated version which is way better and more effective, but I dont understand why would anyone mixed B12methyl and B12 cyancobalamine to make complex out of it.
    You probably misprinted my brother !

Quote Originally Posted by PrideFEDOR View Post
    Phate, my man ! B12 is one of those vits. that if u take it today and wont take any for the next 20 years. Then test urself on b12 presence - guess what ? U'll still have it in your system. Too much of B12 isn't good too. 5mg is a big dose - not human, probably bovine injections.Am I right ? Even with B12 deficiency there a special schedule of injections u should follow. Too much of b12 is a guaranteed stones in your organs bro.

Oh yea , there's no B12 complex I believe. Vit.B complex that contains B1,B2,B6 and B12 that I can understand, but VitB12 complex ??? Right now I know there's a methylated version which is way better and more effective, but I dont understand why would anyone mixed B12methyl and B12 cyancobalamine to make complex out of it.
    You probably misprinted my brother !
    1) i said i take B Complex, which has all the b vitamins and cyanocobalamin for b12

2) B vitamins are water soluable, not fat soluable, so you can't overdose and they are excreted out of your system quickly

3) methylcobalamin is the version you are talking about and you are right that it is better, just very hard to get

4) my b complex is 1000mcg/mL, i was going to get 5000mcg/mL so i could subq inject a very small volume and still get the dosage i wanted

Are you set on taking 5,000mcgs? The body can only use so much of it so you are probably going to waste quite a bit of that out. I take 1,000mcg Every Other Day and that is more than enough

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    ^^me to 1mg eod IM, also im pretty sure humans are never supposed to go IV with it, i think thats only horses.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    1000mcg daily and shoot it IM...........

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    Are you set on taking 5,000mcgs? The body can only use so much of it so you are probably going to waste quite a bit of that out. I take 1,000mcg Every Other Day and that is more than enough
    not at all, the reason i wanted to get 5000mcg/mL was because i shoot it subQ and that way i would only have to shoot .20mL instead of 1mL. shooting 1mL in a subq shoot isn't a good idea and i would have to waste alot of pins and syringes by doubling up on the injections

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    1000mcg daily and shoot it IM...........
    i shoot 1000mcg daily subQ, isn't the only difference here the rate of absorbtion

it's not that big of a difference though IM or SubQ with B12 I use slimpins so it just barely makes it into the muscle but thats how every doctors office I have ever been to give B12, I don't think you need more than 1,000mcg daily and 1ml is fine SubQ or 3mL IM (max)

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    ^i agree chicka

soldier01 is offline New Member
    I do 1000mcg eod subq when on epo....other than that i may use it only once a week

Thread Information