LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member

How to reduce post injection pain.

Post injection pain can literally be a pain in the butt, amongst other places.
    Hygiene and sterility, pre injection is obviously paramount in avoiding PIP.

Ok, for the last month iv'e been using the Z track method and found that PIP especially in my quads is practically non-existent.

How to employ the Z track method?
    Firstly get your injection point, then pull the skin across or down from that point, this moves the cutaneous and subcutaneous tissues a centimetre or two, this helps reduce the sensitivity of nerve endings, remembering to keep an eye on the injection point.

Next insert the needle sharply in at a 90dg angle to the depth you need.
    Inject the steroid (after aspirating) at a rate of about 10 secs/ml, when fully injected keep the needle in place for another 10secs, so allowing the steroid to seep into the muscle.
    Remove the syringe quickly, at exactly the angle you went in and release the skin, this is what stops any of your steroid leaking out and reduces bleeds, then apply a little pressure to the area, but don't massage the area, this can cause some of the oil to be released back up the needle track and into subcutaneous tissue, which can lead to swelling and PIP.

Exercising the muscle afterwards will assist the absorption of the steroid by increasing blood flow to the area.

Finally, if you know where and how to inject safely into the ventrogluteal muscle, this is the best choice as there are no major nerves or blood vessel.

burnin69 is offline Member
    I've always massaged the inject site thought it helped disapate the oil. I never had problems with oil leaking using the z track method.

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burnin69 View Post
    I've always massaged the inject site thought it helped disapate the oil. I never had problems with oil leaking using the z track method.
    Ok mate' but if you used the Z track method why did you massage the area?

stpete is offline Banned
    This would be ok for most injection sites i guess(never tried it), but rather difficult to do when hitting delts, bi's and tri's. I might give a shot next week.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    the z track method and massaging have nothing to do with eachother

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    i just put my gear in a lil ziplock bag and put the bag in a glass and put hot water in it to heat up the gear. Then put it under a hot facuet till i get out the shower. Quick in, slow inject then quick out. Massage for 1-2min after. I have never had crippling pain

Thread Information