GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

Question Recovery advice from 1st Jab and advice for 2nd Jab required!?

I've changed the thread Title now as the theme has sort of progressed on from the initial question I posted...

'Hi there, I did my 1st jab yesterday, it went pretty well, but I might have caused a bit of muscle tissue damage due to being a bit anxious, and therefore muscularly tense. Anyhooser, my thigh is aching pretty bad this morning, no visible bruising, but maybe slight internal muscle tissue damage, and I'm due for a full-body workout today in a few hours. Now I'm not a pus*y,- I could pop a couple of Asprin and work my legs through the discomfort no probs, but just wondering if it's advisable to do so all the same, or whether it might be best to postpone session another day or two and let the tissue heal...???'
    Last edited by GrandmasterSpank; 10-20-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Changing as topic has changed theme slightly

Ouch, not sure about today's sesh. . . Anyone!? What should I do? To Squat or not to Squat!?
    Last edited by GrandmasterSpank; 10-20-2008 at 02:47 AM.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    squat!

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    As Ronnie Coleman's shirt once said, "SHUTUP AND SQUAT!"

Yeah, I hear ya,- I can take the pain, that's not the issue,- my only concern is that I don't want to go on a balls-to-the-wall Squatathon if it might inflame the area further and put me out for a week+!!...Nice quote though!

Okay, after reading around the forums a bit I decided to try a 'Heat-Massage-Rest-Ice' rotation (10mins each) on the injection site hoping it would help disperse the oil & reduce any inflammation. I took a nap after this afternoon, and on waking my thigh is now 'extremely' tender, and I cannot flex & put pressure on my leg at the same time period, i.e. walk. I was hoping it would get better as the day went along, and not worsen to the point I cannot walk, let alone train! At this point, I would really appreciate some experienced/knowledgeable advice on how to aid recovery, as my Pi*s-poor make-shift recovery routine earlier clearly didn't do much, if any good...?

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member

Wow, cheers LATS60! As it happens, I think I injected a little bit too fast (maybe 5secs for the 1ml), and definately pulled out straight after,- so are you saying the post injection pain I have is probably non-muscular, and actually something to do with the oil seeping back up the needle track?

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post
    Wow, cheers LATS60! As it happens, I think I injected a little bit too fast (maybe 5secs for the 1ml), and definately pulled out straight after,- so are you saying the post injection pain I have is probably non-muscular, and actually something to do with the oil seeping back up the needle track?

Not really mate, but youv'e read the article so it's one of the possibles of PIP. The article i wrote just explains how to reduce PIP, if you follow that advice i can assure you that PIP will be reduced.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    train legs. it will improve circulation in your legs and help ease some soreness..

Okay peachfuzz, next time I'll make sure a do some cardio/leg exercises straight after jab, even if it's just a walk round the block! Thanks.

...For now I'm gonna go for a gentle walk(limp) round the park, try get some circulation going in the area, see if that helps.

So you shouldn't massage the area after injecting then!?

DeputyLoneWolf is offline Associate Member
    Also put your vials in a plastic bag and put that in a bowl of hto water for about ten minutes. The oil will be warmer than your body and won't hurt nearly as bad. Also take at least 15 seconds to inject that much for 3ml I useally take 45sec for a shot in the glutes. Also after about two or three injections in the same location it wont be bad ay all! Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyLoneWolf View Post
    Also put your vials in a plastic bag and put that in a bowl of hto water for about ten minutes. The oil will be warmer than your body and won't hurt nearly as bad. Also take at least 15 seconds to inject that much for 3ml I useally take 45sec for a shot in the glutes. Also after about two or three injections in the same location it wont be bad ay all! Hope that helps.
    Yeah, I defo injected too fast, I was anxious to get it over with I guess! I will go much slower next time,- at least 15-20 secs for 1ml. I did heat the vial under my arm-pit, but I think I'll take a leaf out of your book next time DeputyLoneWolf.

A tip I read about is to put your pins in the freezer shelf before jabbing,- apparently it causes much less pain! I didn't do it with my 1st jab though, as I'd only heard it from one source. Anyone else tried this???

Also, is there anything I can do now to speed recovery? Like I said,- I tried 'Heat-Massage-Ice-Rest-Repeat' earlier,...but as it feels now I think I may as well have just put my damn thigh through 10 rounds with Tyson!!! Lol

Is just Heat or just Ice better at this point? Should I massage it or leave it? Finally, will a pint of Jack Daniels affect my gains at all, cause I sure feel it'd help distract me from the pain right now??? He-he!

Thanks everyone for your advice & support!

Lach01 is offline Associate Member
    pint of jack daniels will kill your gains and increase your eastrogen levels which anit going to help. Hows your legs now? should have ut up with pain and come to gym next time now.
    you'll get used of the jabs and havent tried the freezer with the pins and wouldnt really want to why put something chilled into you just strange that shit will make your gear cold and make it harder to be absorbed into your body and be worse off IMO.
    best thing is to keep active as said to ya this morning and put up with the pain after all ya wanted to do gear lol if you can get hold of some grape seed oil or simialr and take 1/2ml of sus with half ml grae seed oil and jab twice a week instead this will stop the BA being so strong and shouldnt hurt as much plus it will keep your test levels some what level as u anit doing eod jabs.

Yeah, I defo injected too fast, I was anxious to get it over with I guess! I will go much slower next time,- at least 15-20 secs for 1ml. I did heat the vial under my arm-pit, but I think I'll take a leaf out of your book next time DeputyLoneWolf.

A tip I read about is to put your pins in the freezer shelf before jabbing,- apparently it causes much less pain! I didn't do it with my 1st jab though, as I'd only heard it from one source. Anyone else tried this???

Also, is there anything I can do now to speed recovery? Like I said,- I tried 'Heat-Massage-Ice-Rest-Repeat' earlier,...but as it feels now I think I may as well have just put my damn thigh through 10 rounds with Tyson!!! Lol

Is just Heat or just Ice better at this point? Should I massage it or leave it? Finally, will a pint of Jack Daniels affect my gains at all, cause I sure feel it'd help distract me from the pain right now??? He-he!

Thanks everyone for your advice & support!
    Dude don't put the pin in the freezer, that will just make it easier to feel the needle going in IMO. Also I jab some what fast like a dart, aspirate , and then take my sweet time injecting. So far after 36 injections in 6 months (twice a week) no probs at all. it will get much easier trust me. Now I won't let anyone else inject me for flu shots etc. lol I just have them give me the needle and alcohol swab. They look at me like I'm nuts but I do a much better job than any nurse lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lach01 View Post
    pint of jack daniels will kill your gains and increase your eastrogen levels which anit going to help.
    Damn, Vodka it is then! He-he!...Yeah, this was just a joke!

Hows your legs now? should have put up with pain and come to gym next time now.
    A bit better than when I woke up this afternoon, but I still would not have done legs today,- I can't even flex them all the way at the moment!!

...you'll get used of the jabs...
    ...or die trying!

...havent tried the freezer with the pins and wouldnt really want to why put something chilled into you just strange that shit will make your gear cold and make it harder to be absorbed into your body and be worse off IMO.
    Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines, just wanted a 2nd opinion. Nice1!

...best thing is to keep active as said to ya this morning and put up with the pain after all ya wanted to do gear lol..
    Was that an 'I told you so' you just slipped in there, hmm!? Your right! I think what I'll do is 30-40mins cardio on bike tomorrow, and proper session on Weds, should help recovery from this balls-up of a 1st Jab!!

...if you can get hold of some grape seed oil or similar and take 1/2ml of sus with half ml grape seed oil and jab twice a week instead this will stop the BA being so strong and shouldn't hurt as much plus it will keep your test levels some what level as u anit doing eod jabs.
    That's interesting. I though adding more oil/liquid would create more problems/pain. I'll speak with you about this one tomorrow...Cheers!

Dude don't put the pin in the freezer, that will just make it easier to feel the needle going in IMO.
    Yeah, I think I'll give that one a miss too mate! Plus, I don't think my mother would appreciate it if she found a 21G in her Ben & Jerrys eh! ;-)

Also I jab some what fast like a dart, aspirate , and then take my sweet time injecting. So far after 36 injections in 6 months (twice a week) no probs at all. it will get much easier trust me. Now I won't let anyone else inject me for flu shots etc. lol I just have them give me the needle and alcohol swab. They look at me like I'm nuts but I do a much better job than any nurse lol
    That's pretty cool! Lol There's so much conflicting opinions out there on aspects of the injection procedure! Some say stick it slow & steady, some say jab it in fast, as you suggest. Some say to massage after injecting, some say it's the last thing you want to do. Apparently this can cause the oil to seep back up the needle track!?

Grand nope no told you so just saying from past experiince which i never got when i started and wishing i had this site all the way back then, no more oil wont make it worse it dilutes the BA which the gear is made with and helps with the prop by making it more managable and helps with 2 1ml shots at 125mg each keeping blood levels level. but will talk tomorrow

MUSCULAR2 is offline Junior Member
    I would say take it easy from experience. Two or three days isnt gonna make that big of a difference. A few weeks ago I was in the same boat as you, my leg was sore from shot but wasn't bruised or anything. I did lots of heavy squats and hardcore leg workout na dthe next day my leg was swollen very badly. You couldn't see my knee. It became very inflamed and infected. i would recommend to take a rest. You always have to do what your body tells you. if it says to rest then you rest. Lots of times if you if you dont do as you feel then in the end it makes you miss more time in the gym because of an injury. if I were to work them then I would go lightweight until it gets better.
    Last edited by MUSCULAR2; 10-21-2008 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCULAR2 View Post
    I would say take it easy from experience. Two or three days isnt gonna make that big of a difference. A few weeks ago I was in the same boat as you, my leg was sore from shot but wasn't bruised or anything. I did lots of heavy squats and hardcore leg workout na dthe next day my leg was swollen very badly. You couldn't see my knee. It became very inflamed and infected. i would recommend to take a rest. You always have to do what your body tells you. if it says to rest then you rest. Lots of times if you if you dont do as you feel then in the end it makes you miss more time in the gym because of an injury. if I were to work them then I would go lightweight until it gets better.
    You hit the nail on the head MUSCULAR2, that was my main concern,- I was worried about aggravating any possible inflammation by training through the pain! But people have just been telling me "It's you r 1st jab, so it's gonna kill,- it's just the pool of oil/B.A. that's causing the pain, and you've got to train through it!" Well, I don't know whether I've taken the best advice or not now mate, but I will know for sure by tomorrow morning, especially if I can't see my knee!! - I've just gotten back from with Gym; did a medium intensity legs session & some light cardio; just pushed through the pain, was hoping it would help disperse the oil, alleviate the B.A pain or whatever people were telling me it was. We'll soon see how wise that was....Damn!

You hit the nail on the head MUSCULAR2, that was my main concern,- I was worried about aggravating any possible inflammation by training through the pain! But people have just been telling me "It's you r 1st jab, so it's gonna kill,- it's just the pool of oil/B.A. that's causing the pain, and you've got to train through it!" Well, I don't know whether I've taken the best advice or not now mate, but I will know for sure by tomorrow morning, especially if I can't see my knee!! - I've just gotten back from with Gym; did a medium intensity legs session & some light cardio; just pushed through the pain, was hoping it would help disperse the oil, alleviate the B.A pain or whatever people were telling me it was. We'll soon see how wise that was....Damn!
    boys you'll be absolutly fine ask everyone on here whos had here, from their 1st jab to their 1000 jab and still train that same body part and nothing happen to them, MUSCULAR2 you probably just had an allergic reaction to the gear it is possible depending if it was UG or pharm and the oil its made with and amount of BA, Sus is known to hurt with the first shot due to its compostion, your both worrying over nothing. bit of pain for a bit and done, and grand i did ask if you wanted to do chest this afternoon as you had a bad leg.

remember your muscles have never had anything like this put in them before so this is just a biog of a shock to them as u and your body defence will be wondering what the fcuk and looking into it. Grand just wait till sus flu kicks in then you'll know you on the right track.

Tes pain after 36hrs?!

there you go grand to put your mind at rest most ppl are the same with their first shot or shots.

T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Shit a pint of straight jack and you sure will forget about the pain...you will be to focused on getting all the puke in the toilete!

Cheers Lach01, good link there. I will wait'n see dude, though I'm sure your right, it's still sore as funk, but no visible inflamation, so prob just the ba. Next time though I will take the following steps, even though none of them do much for the ba per say, they should still all help, and certainly not hinder...

1. Shoot my glute instead,...so I don't have to limp like a Zombie all week.
    2. Heat up the Ampule in Hot water, and not just under my stinky non-sterile armpit.
    3. Inject the Sust much more 'slowly',- a good 15-20secs,- let it seep into the muscle a bit slower.
    4. Massage the area afterwards,- seems to be a mix of opinions in this, but most say it's a good thing to rub the area!?
    5. Knock back that pint of Jack D before my next leg session, just to see if it gives me more pumps & focus!

Cheers Lach01, good link there. I will wait'n see dude, though I'm sure your right, it's still sore as funk, but no visible inflamation, so prob just the ba. Next time though I will take the following steps, even though none of them do much for the ba per say, they should still all help, and certainly not hinder...

2. Heat up the Ampule in Hot water, and not just under my stinky non-sterile armpit.
    3. Inject the Sust much more 'slowly',- a good 15-20secs,- let it seep into the muscle a bit slower.
    4. Massage the area afterwards,- seems to be a mix of opinions in this, but most say it's a good thing to rub the area!?
    5. Knock back that pint of Jack D before my next leg session, just to see if it gives me more pumps & focus!

Your on the right track! Except the Jack lol!

good luck mate let us know how it goes

MUSCULAR2 is offline Junior Member
    Hopefully your luck with the legs are better than mine. it is very possible I did have an allergic reaction, but it didn't happen until after I blowed my legs out, but anything can happen. my trainer and nutritionist saw it and he said the same thing as you guys until a couple days past and he became very worried. he is very experienced with gear and he is an experienced bodybuilder and nutritionist who competes on a national level. When he became worried, I really became worried lol, but grand I hope everything goes well for ya. Good Luck

Smile

Okay, well this is just a quick follow-up post to let y'all know how my 2nd (ever) jab went, in respect to the 1st one a week ago, which as we all know from my incecent bitchin', was bloody painful in the days following (and still is!)!

Well, the 2nd jab was awesome,- as good as sticking a long sharp piece of metal into you can get! It's 36hrs post-jab now, and I'm in absolutely no discomfort what-so-ever, in fact, I have to 'poke' the area to check where I injected!!?

Here's a run down of the exact proceedure I used....

1. Always use a clean, organised, and sterile set-up.
    2. Use a 23G 1 1/2 Inch needle for Gluteal Injections.
    3. Use a 23-25G 1 - 1 1/4 Inch needle for Quad & Deltoid Injections.
    4. Warm the Ampoule in 'hot' water for few mins prior to injection.
    5. Score the neck of the Ampoule with a metal file, to ease opening.
    6. Use one needle to draw the oil into the syringe & a 2nd needle to inject.
    7. Swab chosen injection area with an Alcohol wipe.
    8. Inject area at a 90 degree angle, and swiftly i.e. with a 'darting' motion.
    9. Aspirate !!! - Pull back plunger approx ¼ ml. (Abort jab if blood is drawn!)
    10. Inject 'very slowly',- the slower the better. 15-30 secs per ml.
    11. Wait 10 secs before removing needle.
    12. Swab area with alcohol wipe.
    13. Massage area firmly for 30 secs or so.
    14. Apply a heat pad / Hot Water Bottle.
    15. Exercise soon after to increase blood flow to the area.

...If anyone thinks I'm overcomplicating a relatively simple proceedure they're of course entitled to they're own opinion. However, for me personally the difference a few 'extra steps' have made to post-injection pain/discomfort (or lack thereof in my case!), would appear to make it all very well worthwhile. I highly recommend the above proceedure to anyone who is particularly sensitive to post-injection pain.
    Last edited by GrandmasterSpank; 10-26-2008 at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information