Results 1 to 37 of 37
  1. #1
    mick86's Avatar
    mick86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    947

    Is my cycle making my eyelid twitch?

    Hardly life threatening but its been going on for around a week now. I'm on:


    Test at 550mg pw

    Insulin at 10iu PWO 4 days a week

    Finasteride at 1.25mg pd

    Arimidex at .25mg pd


    Anything that I can do to stop it?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    north41degrees's Avatar
    north41degrees is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    60
    Are u taking creatine ?? Creatine makes my eyes twitch like crazy.

  3. #3
    mick86's Avatar
    mick86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    947
    Yes I 'm on creatine monohydrate, 1g 4 times pw. Its like a muscle spasm, just my right eye lid, its twitches for a few mins many times each day, its rather annoying. I've not had it occur before, though my eyebrow has done this a few times, usually just for a few hours though, no a week.

  4. #4
    legobricks's Avatar
    legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    5,150
    ITs possibly that its the slin....just a wild guess tho as when my body goes through drastic changes with insulin levels my face or eyelids sometimes twitch. Also are you ingesting any caffene during the day time? I see that when the caffene starts to wear off or if i have to much parts of my face twitch.

  5. #5
    mick86's Avatar
    mick86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    947
    well it happens on days when im off the slin also (I only use it 4 times pw max) so I'm not sure.

    As for caffeine I use that for training a few times pw but only 100-200mg and again it happens on and off all day every day, regardless to caffeine intake. I'm sure it will pass eventually, but for the moment its still going strong.

  6. #6
    JiGGaMaN's Avatar
    JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,700
    Twitching of the eyelid has two main causes: tiredness and nervousness.

  7. #7
    rhino1's Avatar
    rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Your GF's Hot Wet Snatch
    Posts
    2,219
    probably just CNS over stimulation-whatever the cause...its not a big deal...unless your just so annoyed by it that you want to kill yourself to make it stop

  8. #8
    stpete is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kitchen, Gym, Kitchen....
    Posts
    13,716
    I agree, mine twitch when i'm tired.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    574
    actually i have noticed the same on my current cycle.. about 3-4 weeks now... my top eye lid just starts twitching for about a minute or 2 probly twice a day... weird

  10. #10
    mick86's Avatar
    mick86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Twitching of the eyelid has two main causes: tiredness and nervousness.
    Um, yeah I'm pretty high strung, could be that.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    probably just CNS over stimulation-whatever the cause...its not a big deal...unless your just so annoyed by it that you want to kill yourself to make it stop
    Um, well yeah its pretty annoying but I'm saving the suicide card for if I get another ingrown toenail

    Quote Originally Posted by anabolictonic View Post
    actually i have noticed the same on my current cycle.. about 3-4 weeks now... my top eye lid just starts twitching for about a minute or 2 probly twice a day... weird
    I feel your pain and its interesting that were both experiencing the same symptom...actually what you desribed is exactly the same as what I'm experiencing. We should join a side show together.

  11. #11
    Iceman69's Avatar
    Iceman69 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    324
    I've experienced the eyelid twitch both on and just after a cycle. It always goes away, and I'm sure it's something to do with CNS or Insulin levels.

    Iceman

  12. #12
    mick86's Avatar
    mick86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69 View Post
    I've experienced the eyelid twitch both on and just after a cycle. It always goes away, and I'm sure it's something to do with CNS or Insulin levels.

    Iceman
    I'm surprised that so many people can relate. I thought I was just a freak

  13. #13
    james21's Avatar
    james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    SOUTH
    Posts
    2,318
    OMG YESSS i have the same gd eyelid twitch .... only on cycle .. wierd shit

  14. #14
    Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Twitching of the eyelid has two main causes: tiredness and nervousness.

    agreed tired.....bad sleep....waking up late for work and splashing that cold water on your face. Try to relax get on stable sleep cycle

  15. #15
    JiGGaMaN's Avatar
    JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,700
    You guys are looking for a connection that just isnt there. Eyelid twitch is a fairly common thing. im willing to bet MANY members will say its happened on or around cycle; not because of steroids , just because it is common.

  16. #16
    mick86's Avatar
    mick86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    You guys are looking for a connection that just isnt there. Eyelid twitch is a fairly common thing. im willing to bet MANY members will say its happened on or around cycle; not because of steroids, just because it is common.
    Well you could be right there, but it seems that at least a few of us only experience it on cycle, as anecdotal as that is it is interesting never the less.

  17. #17
    Amorphic's Avatar
    Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada - No source checks
    Posts
    16,146
    i shake and the girl im seeing tells me my eyebrows twitch a lot...im on prop/tren so maybe.

  18. #18
    pyromike is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Omg i have twitch on cycles too!

    I never got one before I did my first test cyp cycle. Same thing,,, a few minutes or more at a time, several times a day,,, just my left upper, drives me batty!
    I did research and thought it was related to cortisol too high. I used to drink 4 energy drinks, 3 cups of coffee and smoke two packs a day wich is also known to drive up cortisol. I am on hrt but after my first cycle is when the twitch started and continued every day for months after the cycle. I quit doing caffine and I quit smoking a month ago and like magic it stopped a few days later. A few days after that I started a second cycle (650 T cyp pw) and now almost a month into my cycle it has started twitching again every day. I think perhaps a cycle may drive up cortisol on rare ocasions and more often during pct.
    I also noticed my gains are very minimal while my eyelid is twitching alot wich also tells me cortisol might be the factor.
    I am doing blood work tomarow and should have the results in ten days. (Im checking cortisol and E and T levels) I started taking phosphatidyl serine today as it is supposed to control cortisol without droping it below normal necesary levels. I will post info when I find out for sure

  19. #19
    beerdogg's Avatar
    beerdogg is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    237
    Eye twitch usually means your not drinking enough water. At least thats when I get it. No twitch on my cuurent cycle.

  20. #20
    mick86's Avatar
    mick86 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromike View Post
    I never got one before I did my first test cyp cycle. Same thing,,, a few minutes or more at a time, several times a day,,, just my left upper, drives me batty!
    I did research and thought it was related to cortisol too high. I used to drink 4 energy drinks, 3 cups of coffee and smoke two packs a day wich is also known to drive up cortisol. I am on hrt but after my first cycle is when the twitch started and continued every day for months after the cycle. I quit doing caffine and I quit smoking a month ago and like magic it stopped a few days later. A few days after that I started a second cycle (650 T cyp pw) and now almost a month into my cycle it has started twitching again every day. I think perhaps a cycle may drive up cortisol on rare ocasions and more often during pct.
    I also noticed my gains are very minimal while my eyelid is twitching alot wich also tells me cortisol might be the factor.
    I am doing blood work tomarow and should have the results in ten days. (Im checking cortisol and E and T levels) I started taking phosphatidyl serine today as it is supposed to control cortisol without droping it below normal necesary levels. I will post info when I find out for sure
    Wow interesting theory, might try stressing less if I get the twitches again...lol. Thanks for the input.

    Quote Originally Posted by beerdogg View Post
    Eye twitch usually means your not drinking enough water. At least thats when I get it. No twitch on my cuurent cycle.

    hmmm I'll consider that if it happens again, thanks.

  21. #21
    Someguy123 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    668
    one thing ive heard about any kind of muscle twitch's. is they are related to some type of vitamin defficiency.

  22. #22
    johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SOURCE CHECKS!
    Posts
    2,885
    My one eye has been twitching now and then on the cycle im on now too .

  23. #23
    Njectable's Avatar
    Njectable is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    920
    I've noticed this on clen , f*cking annoying when your trying to talk to someone

  24. #24
    knuckles101 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    21
    I experience a really bad eye twitch too while i'm on...my right eye everytime. oh and my gums hurt too??

  25. #25
    pyromike is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    twitch

    Has anyone else noticed very slow gains from a cycle while eylid twitches? I put on a lean 13 pounds in the first 20 days of this cycle but since my eyelid started twiching my weight has stayed the same for over a week.

  26. #26
    Dobie-BOY's Avatar
    Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,149
    HAHA, I had that problem once. Drove me fukin NUTS!!!!! goood luck

  27. #27
    pyromike is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    cure for eye twitch

    After further research I came to a belief that eye twitching while on a cycle is due to cortisol levels rising (just like Estrogen) They also say cafene causes eye twitch but caffine also contributes to elevated cortisol levels. Smoking, stress, and drinking can also add to the problem. Most people don't seem to have cortisol issues but if you are prone to it like me it turns into a muscle eating machine!
    I have been taking phosphatidyl serine for the past three days,,, about 300mg 3 times a day (I plan on ramping down on dosage) This won't effect cortisol levels that are in normal healthy range, only elevated levels are effected. I am sure you can find this product much less expensive but it was only 15 bucks for 30 100mg pills or 35 bucks for 30 300mg pills at gnc.

  28. #28
    Turin is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromike View Post
    After further research I came to a belief that eye twitching while on a cycle is due to cortisol levels rising (just like Estrogen) They also say cafene causes eye twitch but caffine also contributes to elevated cortisol levels. Smoking, stress, and drinking can also add to the problem. Most people don't seem to have cortisol issues but if you are prone to it like me it turns into a muscle eating machine!
    I have been taking phosphatidyl serine for the past three days,,, about 300mg 3 times a day (I plan on ramping down on dosage) This won't effect cortisol levels that are in normal healthy range, only elevated levels are effected. I am sure you can find this product much less expensive but it was only 15 bucks for 30 100mg pills or 35 bucks for 30 300mg pills at gnc.
    I know this thread is a few months old but this eye twitch is driving me nuts, just my left eye... I honestly thought I was going crazy until I saw this thread The twitching started about a week into my cycle I am on and it is not constant but enough to get on my nerves.

    Did anyone else try the Phosphatidyl Serine? Did it help the eye twitch?

  29. #29
    Deen54 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    780
    my eye lids have been twitching everyday.. taking anavar , gh and test
    for sure it is steroid related.
    The endocrine system and nervous system is affected on juice, so that would explain eye twitching.

  30. #30
    Igifuno's Avatar
    Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Standing Above Weakness
    Posts
    15,858
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mine always twitches when I'm very tired..

  31. #31
    jonathan chick is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1
    I have had this eye twitching for several months now.It all started when I started taking regular injections of test cypionate every 10 days .I went to see eye doctor and thought my eyes were just straining at work or I had stress. I received second opinion from a eye neurologist and first question he asked if I was taking steroids .So I am left with the option to stop taking my prescribed medication or deal with the eye twitching.Really is a difficult decision because the eye twitching can drive you mad.

  32. #32
    decaDump's Avatar
    decaDump is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    62
    Could be high BP.

  33. #33
    AcquireMass is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by decaDump View Post
    Could be high BP.
    How exactly would high BP cause this?

  34. #34
    blksavage's Avatar
    blksavage is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    504
    yeah I'm interested in that too

  35. #35
    decaDump's Avatar
    decaDump is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by AcquireMass
    How exactly would high BP cause this?

    I've done 2 cycles of Deca 300/Sust 250 and my BP goes through the roof.

    when it occurs, my eyelid starts to twitch. I'm off now for 1 month & on my pct and no twitching.

  36. #36
    atrainwright's Avatar
    atrainwright is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    110
    Try taurine

  37. #37
    spiketannin's Avatar
    spiketannin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    456
    my eyes twitch too im on fina as well

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •