PhillyFan is offline New Member

Working with ampules

I have test e in 250 ml ampules. I understand to open them one has to score the glass at the narrowest part of the neck with a sharp serated knife and then draw from amp.

My questions are this:
    1) Best way to score cleanly.
    2) Even of looks like a clean opening (I.e. no apparent small glass chips) how can you make sure you are not drawing some small glass frage without noticing...

Thanks!

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan View Post
    I have test e in 250 ml ampules. I understand to open them one has to score the glass at the narrowest part of the neck with a sharp serated knife and then draw from amp.

My questions are this:
    1) Best way to score cleanly.
    2) Even of looks like a clean opening (I.e. no apparent small glass chips) how can you make sure you are not drawing some small glass frage without noticing...

Thanks!
    Just score round the neck and wipe clean with swab and break.
    Amps are made under pressure and pop when opening as long as you wiped clean after scoring you will have no probs.

gdbandito is offline New Member
    I scored my first few amps of test e 250. Right under the black dot. Then I decided to not even bother and guess what? It made no difference to the amount of pressure required to open. I dont see the point anymore. I now use my bare washed hands with no scoring and there's no glass shards. I guess if I were a mongo that didn't know his own strength I might be in trouble.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    some dont need to be scored,if they have a "black dot" or have a line drawn around them then you just pop them open otherwise score with a metel nail file,it dose the trick for me,just watch though,some amps are made with very thin glass,I have had them crush in my hands,little pieces of glass everywhere and needless to say the contents are wasted,if you run it under warm/hot water for a second or two it seems to help with the more difficult ones to open cleanly,just clear off water before opening

PhillyFan is offline New Member
    Mine have a white line around the neck. So this is the weak spot? And I should be able to open without shattering and scoring?

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFan View Post
    Mine have a white line around the neck. So this is the weak spot? And I should be able to open without shattering and scoring?
    It's simple to score, i smashed a couple of legit english sust and you shouldn't need to score them, just take a couple of secs to score with a little file or i use a small modellers grinding disc, it's worth taking a couple of secs to save a smashed amp.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Correct,if they have a whie line then most likely that is where it will snap off at

testa dura is offline Banned
    http://www.snapit.com.au/snapit/index.html

theres also a you tube vid cheak it out

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    In the hospital we don't score the amps, we hold them upside down and pop the tops off, the liquid will not leak out of them and you are supposed to draw the fluid out of the ampule with it upside down. typically you always use a filtered needle to draw out the fluid.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Just want to add something here, if there is a dot, blue, black whatever, chances are they are pre-scored, just feel with your finger nail under the dot at the thinnest part of the neck and you should feel the scoring. pop it with the dot facing away. clean and easy all the time.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    use a filter needle to draw up your gear if you are worried about it...odds are you will be fine...

its easier to score an amp with a finger nail file....

actionx is offline New Member
    excellent post very informative!!!!!!
    answered the questions i would have asked.
    If these are filled under pressure they should be clean after opening from the air blowing out of amp when it is broken, makes since. thanks.

kraken is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by actionx View Post
    excellent post very informative!!!!!!
    answered the questions i would have asked.
    If these are filled under pressure they should be clean after opening from the air blowing out of amp when it is broken, makes since. thanks.
    X2. This is something I have been wondering about. Thanks for the info!!

THEMEATEATER is offline Associate Member
    my deca amps have a line round them and no matter what I do I cant break the top clean off without busting it. I'm thinking about getting a snap- it amp opener just to make life a little easier. when I had the sus amps I had no problems at all, a quick score around the rim and it came clean off

Quote Originally Posted by THEMEATEATER View Post
    my deca amps have a line round them and no matter what I do I cant break the top clean off without busting it. I'm thinking about getting a snap- it amp opener just to make life a little easier. when I had the sus amps I had no problems at all, a quick score around the rim and it came clean off
    I used to seriously just crush the top on some bad amps with a pair of small pliers and draw up, i never had a problem, the glass they make them from won't shatter small enough to be drawn up and any powder is blown outwards because they are sealed under high pressure.

THEMEATEATER is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LATS60 View Post
    I used to seriously just crush the top on some bad amps with a pair of small pliers and draw up, i never had a problem, the glass they make them from won't shatter small enough to be drawn up and any powder is blown outwards because they are sealed under high pressure.
    lol now where are those pliers
    I know what you mean m8, the tiny fragments shouldnt get in. Like last week their was a piece of the amp roughly about 5mm long laying in the bottom. F@kn things do my nut in

higherdesire is offline Banned
    I just use a nail file/emery board and pop it off. I use a small gauge to draw with as extra safety measure.

Thread Information