jhsdogqb13 is offline New Member

Exclamation Water in my gear!!!

I had a bottle of test acetate. the stuff is ridiculous. great gains, super front loader. problem is, i am having to put it in boiling water to melt down the crystals in the vial. i checked up on it, the crystals are not really a bad thing. just require a bit more work before i shoot it. okay, here is my problem. I was boiling the bottle with a pin in the top to vent the pressure. when i went to remove the bottle from the pot, the bottle tipped over and got some water in it. small amount. it was very hot water, i know there was no bacteria in it, but the chlorine in the tap water is my concern.... input???

cutting_king is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsdogqb13 View Post
    I had a bottle of test acetate. the stuff is ridiculous. great gains, super front loader. problem is, i am having to put it in boiling water to melt down the crystals in the vial. i checked up on it, the crystals are not really a bad thing. just require a bit more work before i shoot it. okay, here is my problem. I was boiling the bottle with a pin in the top to vent the pressure. when i went to remove the bottle from the pot, the bottle tipped over and got some water in it. small amount. it was very hot water, i know there was no bacteria in it, but the chlorine in the tap water is my concern.... input???

Its really hard to say, i suppose if there is a small droplet of water in there its probably floating on the top right? well i suppose you could just draw from the bottom of the vial, or even try to draw the droplet right out of the vial with the needle and get rid of it. I'm not sure how much of an effect any small trace of chlorine would have but i'd say it would be more of a concern if you were dealing with water based gear because then it would have mixed with it but with oil based like you are talking about i think that because it doesn't mix and just sits on top it wont be much of a problem, as long as you dont inject the water itself. Even then i dont think it would be a huge issue. But then again you never know...... so i suppose i'm not much help really lol
    If you are worried just get rid.
    Oh and you shouldn't need to boil the gear to get rid of the crystals, just heat it gently for 10 mins, that usually does the trick

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Actually water sinks

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    it would, but such a little bit would probably float. its easier for the oil to hold it up than to part ways to make a path to the bottom

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    bumping a 5 month old thread?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    bumping a 5 month old thread?
    that's what I was wondering, considering the op hasn't even logged on in the last 4 months.

Thread Information