Oldschool is offline New Member

My steroid experience.

If the Internet or this website had been around back in the day I might have done things differently.
    When I graduated high school I was 160lb at 6'1" and 17yr old. By the time I was 23 I was 255lb and went from benching the bar to 405. Steroids weren't under the same legal classification as now and not many people knew a lot about them. Nevertheless Anadrol , Cypionate , Sustanon 250, Sten, Primobolan , Equipoise and Suspension were all plentiful and my favorites. I always tried to find what were recognized as the most powerful and most effective. Now that I look at the effectiveness chart I guess I did that right. Through my whole 20's my life revolved around steroids. At first I wanted to be 180lb, then 200lb, then 225lb, then when I hit 255 I was actually uncomfortable.
    Just getting in and out of a car was a pain in the ass. Then one day I decided to stop. What I then realized was the inability to work out without it. I got depressed. I literally had to stay out of the gym for a year and deal with this. I experienced massive gains in size and strength during my tenure. However, I also lost all my hair by 23, been in more fights than I care to admit due to a lack of tolerance and no fuse, oil covered body almost sweating oil, very high blood pressure, acne covered back, tendon and ligament problems. There was no guidance back then. I stacked, mixed, stayed on for six months at a time even injected 3cc's at a time. My point is if your going to chose to use make your decisions wisely. Marcus300 had a good post previously. Now at 40 I have liver problems, no sex drive, and blood pressure problems that are probably going to lead to heart problems, and the two lower disks in my back are gone. That being said my 20's were a hell of a ride, just don't turn into a abusive addict like I did. By the way I've read all the posts on here and you guys have motivated me to try and start working out again starting Monday.
    Last edited by Oldschool; 01-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Cool post, i hope the younger guys out there read this. When its done right all these problems can be averted..

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear about your current situation...Are you on hormone replacement therapy now?

How many cycles do you think you did, and what was your most advanced cycle?

Just curious as to some of the examples of things that got you where you are today.

Best,
    daem

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Thanks for the post Oldschool.

It sounds like you've done some reading on this site before you posted. Do you think that your misuse of AAS is what led to your current condition? Or just steroid use in general?

Not trying to dog you, just trying to understand. Im in my 40's but didn't start using AAS until just a few years ago when I decided to compete. I feel fantastic, but then again, Im "on".

Will you cycle again??

lovex is offline Associate Member
    great post ...thanks for being open...youngster dont abuse steriods ....:-)

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Thanks for the post Oldschool.

It sounds like you've done some reading on this site before you posted. Do you think that your misuse of AAS is what led to your current condition? Or just steroid use in general?

Not trying to dog you, just trying to understand. Im in my 40's but didn't start using AAS until just a few years ago when I decided to compete. I feel fantastic, but then again, Im "on".

Will you cycle again??
    I read so many articles and done research about it ....it happens when you abuse it ...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Good post. I can't count how many times I've tried to communicate to some new young guy, 16-20 for instance, who wants to run monster cycles and crazy dosages, and when I try to tell them of the hazards they reply "well my friend is 22 and he's been doing it since 16 and he's fine" or something like that. "Fine" is a subjective term, and fine at 22 doesn't necessarily mean they will be fine at 42.

Oldschool is offline New Member
    No drugs or therapy now. Although I don't share this with many to include doctors. The liver and heart guy know about my past. I stayed on almost continuously from about 18 until late 20's. I think my problems developed from three things abuse, starting so young and no guidance. In the later years the advice of cycling came about. Also tapering from low to high and back to low dosage. I don't know what was most advanced cycle. My favorites were mass and strength builders. I just wanted to look sick. I never did anything I thought was for cutting. Lots of Anadrol , Cypionate , Suspension (always hurt like hell) , and Sustanon 250 though. Looking back now I was a walking experiment. In the end there was even one I rubbed on in liquid form. It smelled like shit and I don't remember the name of it, I think it even made your breath stink.
    Last edited by Oldschool; 01-02-2009 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Good post. I can't count how many times I've tried to communicate to some new young guy, 16-20 for instance, who wants to run monster cycles and crazy dosages, and when I try to tell them of the hazards they reply "well my friend is 22 and he's been doing it since 16 and he's fine" or something like that. "Fine" is a subjective term, and fine at 22 doesn't necessarily mean they will be fine at 42.
    Fully agreed ...

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    If the Internet or this website had been around back in the day I might have done things differently.
    When I graduated high school I was 160lb at 6'1" and 17yr old. By the time I was 23 I was 255lb and went from benching the bar to 405. Steroids weren't under the same legal classification as now and not many people knew a lot about them. Nevertheless Anadrol , Cypionate , Sustanon 250, Sten, Primobolan , Equipoise and Suspension were all plentiful and my favorites. I always tried to find what were recognized as the most powerful and most effective. Now that I look at the effectiveness chart I guess I did that right. Through my whole 20's my life revolved around steroids. At first I wanted to be 180lb, then 200lb, then 225lb, then when I hit 255 I was actually uncomfortable.
    Just getting in and out of a car was a pain in the ass. Then one day I decided to stop. What I then realized was the inability to work out without it. I got depressed. I literally had to stay out of the gym for a year and deal with this. I experienced massive gains in size and strength during my tenure. However, I also lost all my hair by 23, been in more fights than I care to admit due to a lack of tolerance and no fuse, oil covered body almost sweating oil, very high blood pressure, acne covered back, tendon and ligament problems. There was no guidance back then. I stacked, mixed, stayed on for six months at a time even injected 3cc's at a time. My point is if your going to chose to use make your decisions wisely. Marcus300 had a good post previously. Now at 40 I have liver problems, no sex drive, and blood pressure problems that are probably going to lead to heart problems, and the two lower disks in my back are gone. That being said my 20's were a hell of a ride, just don't turn into a abusive addict like I did. By the way I've read all the posts on here and you guys have motivated me to try and start working out again starting Monday.
    Great Post,

This is why I think that AAS should be legal for the cosmetic usage by body builders under the strict supervision of a medical or exercise professional.

Having said that I think SARMs and HGH will make traditional AAS usage a thing of the past if current research continues to show promise.

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    Oldschool makes a lot of excellent points in this post. First of all, back then the gear was much more potent than it is now. So if he was doing that much, it was even higher than compared to doing that amount today.

He also spells out the major difference between using and abusing AAS. From what he wrote, it would appear that he did the latter. Too much of a good thing can be a terrible thing.

Thanks for a great post and I wish you the best.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic

That could be a sticky at the bottom of are you ready for steroids-Thread

reddragon4954 is offline Member
    Hey bro, just wondering. You say noow that your 42 you have liver problems, blood pressure, and no sex drive.

Did u ever run PCT. When u went off at 22 and stopped for a year did u ever cycle again?

xo3et is offline Productive Member
    Oldschool,

The information you have shared here is enough to warn anyone of the risks and problems which can arise from abusing steroids . And just yesterday I was told of a friend who has been taking Sustanon 250 after starting weights for the first time "he is 26" with absolutely ZERO clue of diet or training.

This thread should be put in the "Must read before joining"

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    That could be a sticky at the bottom of are you ready for steroids-Thread
    yeah.............
    sticky.....admins make this sticky

BigBrucie is offline Associate Member

goes to show what steroid abuse does. i would not apply this to all young ones.

SaSqUaDgE is offline Senior Member
    this is definitly a thread the younger guys should read on here even though im young and have done cycles it made me think twice about it

SilverTest is offline Senior Member

reading this is very discouraging to me , and i dont understand where did you abuse steroids? a lot of people stay on for long periods of time.
    i am seriously confused , one guy gets scrwed up all over , another one is 100% fine .

what dosages did you took for such a long time ?

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    Everyone is different silver, you can't compare yourself to the next guy because everyones body is different... Very good post OP, your loss is what makes other people gain valuable knowledge (as bad as that sounds).

Best wishes

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2007 View Post
    Everyone is different silver, you can't compare yourself to the next guy because everyones body is different... Very good post OP, your loss is what makes other people gain valuable knowledge (as bad as that sounds).

Best wishes
    yes ok thats right , but i am wondering how the hell do we take a decision to use gear ? what if the next person is me , or you , or anyone ..... i am friggin afraid to ever use them again , damnit.

and by the way , how the hell did he get liver problems ?? abused orals ??? or do injectables do that too ??!!
    Last edited by SilverTest; 01-03-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Thread Information