xtrojan is offline New Member

is it suitable for gear sterilization ?

So Ok I'm so scared about abscess I will sterilize my gear. Even if I'm sure about source. My mother is a former nurse, she has a kind of sterilizer like seen on picture. I think it's sterilization with water evaporation, not sure.

My vials are very small 1ml vials with rubber top. how can sterilize them with this sterilizer ? just put them inside and wait ?
    the vial glass won't break ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails is it suitable for gear sterilization ?-steril_hotair_int_kl_3.jpg  
    Last edited by xtrojan; 12-06-2008 at 04:08 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I can't help you out with the operation of the sterilizer, but I will state (and it's just my opinion) that I believe more infections/abscesses are caused by poor injection practices than dirty gear.

AG
    Last edited by almostgone; 12-06-2008 at 04:11 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrojan View Post
    So Ok I'm so scared about abscess I will sterilize my gear. Even if I'm sure about source. My mother is a former nurse, she has a kind of sterilizer like seen on picture. I think it's sterilization with water evaporation, not sure.

My vials are very small 1ml vials with rubber top. how can sterilize them with this sterilizer ? just put them inside and wait ?
    the vial glass won't break ?
    Let me get this right...you want to sterilize your gear with a water evaporation sterillizer?

euhhhh yes. It won't work ?

You think It's better to put them into boiling water inside a pressure cooker ?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I can't help you out with the operation of the sterilizer, but I will state (and it's just my opinion) that I believe more infections/abscesses are caused by poor injection practices than dirty gear.

AG
    agreed 100%.
    If you use good gear and use safe practices that's all you need to do. I've cycled for years with a multitude of gear and no abcess. Just do it right and don't overthink it.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    exactly. i have shot thousands and thousands of mgs over the years and probably used at least 50 different companies and never once had a problem. where are you getting your gear? the local flea market
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

internet dealer

Thread Information