Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member

Im calling B.S. on HCG for weight loss

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    people don't do studies on a lot stuff that people still believe..

also, there is a typo in there, and its pretty hard to find it a credible source if they can't even proofread it

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    I would understand that hcg can help with muscle sparing as it increases testosterone levels , but at 500cals/day you will lose weight regardless of what drug you use to help it.

go to the other thread and read that article. its very interesting

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva View Post
    I would understand that hcg can help with muscle sparing as it increases testosterone levels, but at 500cals/day you will lose weight regardless of what drug you use to help it.

I havent even read it, but 500cal/day....are we talking about Smurfs....wtf....my first meal is well over 500cals...

you really should just glance at the other article. even if its not true, its very interesting. basically it says that hcg controls how much fat the body releases for energy, and with this diet, the body releases fat to be used as energy since the food is very little, and by doing this, muscle is spared and pure fat is burned, up to a few thousand calories worth every day

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ agreed its a good informative read and give you some knowledge on how hcg effects the body ....weight loss wise or not.....

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    here is the link for those of you interested. now it is in both threads. http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/HCG-Weight-Loss-FAQ.htm

I dont believe it. If it works so well why isn't it the RAVE of weight loss. According to the site it is a PERMANENT fix. B.S.!! my girlfriend has a great body, but has to workout out alot and eat like a chicken to keep her body. Ever heard of "too good to be true"? If it is so successful, healthy, and permanent then why isnt it the ONLY diet anyone uses? Im so sick of the conspiracy theory shiit. "Oh the government / pharmaceuticals companies dont want anyone to know how good it works so they can sell you their high prIced diet pills..... " Again, B.S.!!! If I could post the prices she was paying for the HCG you would shiiit yourself...
    ANYONE WHO ONLY EATS 500 CALORIES A DAY IS GOING TO LOSE A FAT ASS LOAD OF WEIGHT AND FAST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    here is the link for those of you interested. now it is in both threads. http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/HCG-Weight-Loss-FAQ.htm
    Yep, read it. B.S.

hahaha i dont have an opinion either way. the FDA hasnt approved it for weight loss but we know how smart they are. and of course anyone is gonna lose weight on that many calories. but people swear by it. and if it works for them...your girlfriend included....then great.

jelly is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY View Post
    Again, B.S.!!! If I could post the prices she was paying for the HCG you would shiiit yourself...
    Where she buying her HCG ? <<< rhetorical question. I got it for cheap as ****. Real deal too. Pregnancy test came out positive. I got enough for like 3 women on the weightloss plan for only $Edited.

She got ripped off then! Don't get from a doctor, they overcharge.

^^^^^dude no prices.....edit please

Quote Originally Posted by jelly View Post
    Where she buying her HCG ? <<< rhetorical question. I got it for cheap as ****. Real deal too. Pregnancy test came out positive. I got enough for like 3 women on the weightloss plan for only $Edited.

She got ripped off then! Don't get from a doctor, they overcharge.
    Exactly, but most people who are gonna do something like this are not going to go to the black market for their HCG. Ya, HCG is super cheap, but these dicks are totally ass raping people. Maybe thats why I have such a problem with it????

well even if it is very expensive, if it works, whats wrong with that? people will drop 5 figures on lypo and tummy tucks just to eat themselves right back into the OR a couple years later

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    HCG and weight loss is crazy. SOme companies supply 5000iu vial and 23 syringes for up to edited I called like 10 websites back in 2007 asking if they want I'll supply their kits to them for $edited incl. 5000iu, 20NaCL with 09%BA and 23 syringes. But they were like " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" lol mofos

please do not post prices for illegal products on this site. thank you
    Last edited by PT; 12-21-2008 at 04:25 AM. Reason: price discussion

besides not talking about prices... just because they have a ridiculous mark up doesn't mean they get ripped off by their suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by PrideFEDOR View Post
    HCG and weight loss is crazy. SOme companies supply 5000iu vial and 23 syringes for up to ****usd. I called like 10 websites back in 2007 asking if they want I'll supply their kits to them for $**** incl. 5000iu, 20NaCL with 09%BA and 23 syringes. But they were like " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" lol mofos
    awesome, so you are labelling yourself as a dealer and quoting prices.....can this thread get any better...

jelly is offline Associate Member
    My bad about the price. Can I say it was under a benjamin?

Oops
    Last edited by Dobie-BOY; 12-18-2008 at 11:08 PM.

HCG and weight loss is crazy. SOme companies supply 5000iu vial and 23 syringes for up to **usd. I called like 10 websites back in 2007 asking if they want I'll supply their kits to them for **** incl. 5000iu, 20NaCL with 09%BA and 23 syringes. But they were like " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" lol mofos
    Yep, a total scam. you might wanna edit out your prices in your post though. I got bitcched out for it yesterday.

Blog Entries
    dude u wanna believe its a total scam so you dont have to admit your wrong??? Gimme a break im not saying it works or doesnt but until someone who has tried it and measure LBM before and after no one here can say it works or not. The point of it is u lose weight vaery fast and retain muscle...something you could no way do at 500 cals/day normally ......i dont know why but your hcg diet threads and you saying its BS over and over with no foundation of proof one way or another is starting to annoy me .... nothing personal i assure you ....

Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva View Post
    I would understand that hcg can help with muscle sparing as it increases testosterone levels, but at 500cals/day you will lose weight regardless of what drug you use to help it.
    Well, im not positive on this, but from what I understand HCG creates elevated testosterone in men only. Not women.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I thought this worked best for women.

They usually don't care about muscle loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jstraw428 View Post
    awesome, so you are labelling yourself as a dealer and quoting prices.....can this thread get any better...
    I said 2007 , welcome to december of 2008 And if you were concerne about me quoting prices why did u quoted me ? U didn't quote doobie now did u ? Even if I was wrong and was advertising and labeling myself as a dealer which i wasn't doing ( if I say that back in the 80's I was getting 100dbols for 3usd. Would u make a big deal out of it too ?) Since u quoted my whole thing, u re-posted the prices and because I cannot change ur posts, I wouldn't be able to fix anything.
    Last edited by PrideFEDOR; 12-20-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Yep, a total scam. you might wanna edit out your prices in your post though. I goth t bitcched out for it yesterday.
    doobie what happened in the past over a year ago doesn't matter today. If I was a dealer like some said, i wouldn't advertise here. I'd had my clientele and kept it to a minimum. First is against the rules and second it'd be the stupidest things because there are 100's cops on this web site as well as others . I heard cops back in NY discuss it on many occations. So why would I put myself in such situation ? We have a privelege to talk about stuff on this board and the reason it exists for so long because people who run it are smart enough not to make mistakes other board's owners did. U know what though? I appreciate the way u came off. Not like a dick , but in polite manner sharing ur personal expirience with this situation. Good looking out my man.

doobie what happened in the past over a year ago doesn't matter today. If I was a dealer like some said, i wouldn't advertise here. I'd had my clientele and kept it to a minimum. First is against the rules and second it'd be the stupidest things because there are 100's cops on this web site as well as others . I heard cops back in NY discuss it on many occations. So why would I put myself in such situation ? We have a privelege to talk about stuff on this board and the reason it exists for so long because people who run it are smart enough not to make mistakes other board's owners did. U know what though? I appreciate the way u came off. Not like a dick , but in polite manner sharing ur personal expirience with this situation. Good looking out my man.
    Well, the way I see it is there are alot of people on this board and each one has their own level of knowledge, but everyone on here knows SOMETHING I dont rather it be about HCG or my car problems. So, I try so stay as positive as possible to EVERYONE cuz they just might be the one who has the information I need. Besides, who needs all the fvckin drama.?????? I thought most of the people on this board were men. Bitcches love drama.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    dude u wanna believe its a total scam so you dont have to admit your wrong??? Gimme a break im not saying it works or doesnt but until someone who has tried it and measure LBM before and after no one here can say it works or not. The point of it is u lose weight vaery fast and retain muscle...something you could no way do at 500 cals/day normally ......i dont know why but your hcg diet threads and you saying its BS over and over with no foundation of proof one way or another is starting to annoy me .... nothing personal i assure you ....
    Actually the hyperlink in the very first post is part of my foundation for the arguement and the other part is common sense. Seriously, if it works SO well why is there a need for any other diet program? Everyone in the world would be thin FOREVER. Im always skeptical of this kind of crap.

did i miss something?

what are you guys talking about?

Two hundred two patients participated in a double-blind random cross-over study of the effectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG ) vs placebo in a wieght reduction program. Serial measurements were made of weight, skin-fold thickness, dropout rates, reasons for dropping out, and patient subjective response. There was no statistically significant difference between those receiving HCG vs placebo during any phase of this study (P greater than .1).

PMID: 792477 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'm not familiar with the efficiency/lack of efficiency of HCG for weight loss, but I do know several of the bariatric clinics in this area are pushing it pretty hard.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Actually the hyperlink in the very first post is part of my foundation for the arguement and the other part is common sense. Seriously, if it works SO well why is there a need for any other diet program? Everyone in the world would be thin FOREVER. Im always skeptical of this kind of crap.
    you know what u are entitled to your opinion ...its all good....i try to keep somewhat of an open mind myself...keeps me learning.....for every study that says its bunk there is one that says it works..until i tried it myself or knew someone personally who did i might refrain from saying its def bs...thats just me... It could be bs ...could be great ....truth is with no first hand experience you or i don not know do we? SO we really cant def say one way or another...
    oh and the fact you stated u wanted to prove its wrong b/c you dont wanna admit to your g/f it true ..that may have lead to some of my skepticism re your view tword it...
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 12-20-2008 at 09:46 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..and this might belong in a forum other than the AAS forum.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Two hundred two patients participated in a double-blind random cross-over study of the effectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG ) vs placebo in a wieght reduction program. Serial measurements were made of weight, skin-fold thickness, dropout rates, reasons for dropping out, and patient subjective response. There was no statistically significant difference between those receiving HCG vs placebo during any phase of this study (P greater than .1).

PMID: 792477 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE
    i see no info for lbm retention ..the main benefit claim by advocates of hcg use for weightloss...just an observation.....

not true at all.. if someone said all you have to do is inject a lot of steroids and eat as much as you can, you'll be as big as you want, every would do it. but not everyone knows about them, or the right way to do it, so not everyone is big. so now if not everyone knows about hcg for weightloss, not everyone tries it. and if even less people know how to diet correctly, even less people have success with it. think of it that way

pride, thats a pretty bad argument about the prices. you obviously showed you can't be the bigger man

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    i see no info for lbm retention ..the main benefit claim by advocates of hcg use for weightloss...just an observation.....
    Well, this is just the first study I looked up. There are tons more Im sure. It does however mention that there "were NO differences" between the control group and the placebo group. By NO differences I would assume that meant in body composition and weight loss. which IS what this entire dabate is about.
    you know what u are entitled to your opinion ...its all good....i try to keep somewhat of an open mind myself...keeps me learning.....for every study that says its bunk there is one that says it works..until i tried it myself or knew someone personally who did i might refrain from saying its def bs...thats just me... It could be bs ...could be great ....truth is with no first hand experience you or i don not know do we? SO we really cant def say one way or another...
    oh and the fact you stated u wanted to prove its wrong b/c you dont wanna admit to your g/f it true ..that may have lead to some of my skepticism re your view tword it...
    HAHA, I was joking about the girlfriend thing.. No, I just kinda get pissed at doctors (or anyone) taking advantage of people's self consciousness problems to make a buck. Maybe this HCG thing DOES work.?? Though I highly doubt it. But you must admit it is sick to watch these vulcher's steal money from people who obviously have issues already if they are willing to do something as radical as this diet plan. Now, if it works Im all for it. Lord knows Im a heavy proponent to chemically induced enhancement..

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    not true at all.. if someone said all you have to do is inject a lot of steroids and eat as much as you can, you'll be as big as you want, every would do it. but not everyone knows about them, or the right way to do it, so not everyone is big. so now if not everyone knows about hcg for weightloss, not everyone tries it. and if even less people know how to diet correctly, even less people have success with it. think of it that way
    Actually all the doctors and press tell the world that "steroids are BAD" and so the world believes it. Now on the other hand you have doctors PROMOTING HCG for weight loss and still the whole world hasnt jumped on the HCG diet bandwagon.. EVERYONE knows that steroids work, but most people dont really care if they get huge ripped up bodies or they just lack the motivation to do what it takes to achieve it. A far larger number of people are concerned about being thin than those concerned about bodybuilding, yet EVERYONE knows about steroids and hardly ANYONE has heard of HCG?? Doesnt that seem a little odd to you?

no thats not true at all. i would say that steroids have been around a lot longer than hcg , so think of steroids when they first started. very quiet, kept to the germans, the russians, then the american olympic level athletes right? then it fell down to the average guy. now think about how many people are out there that have used steroids incorrectly, its an enormous amount compared to those who know what they are doing. so for the doctors sake, they are bad, because almost everyone who uses them aren't informed on how to do it correctly. with hcg, its still fairly new, not that many people know about it, like half the people on this thread wouldn't have known some of its uses without these articles, especially the drastic change that it could make. now if doctors see no harm in it, they won't be against it. but, since not everyone knows about it, vastly less people abuse it. when that happens, i guarantee you doctors will do a 180 and say its bad too. and there is a huge line between being bigger and being a body builder. not so big between wanting to be skinny when you're fat

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    no thats not true at all. i would say that steroids have been around a lot longer than hcg, so think of steroids when they first started. very quiet, kept to the germans, the russians, then the american olympic level athletes right? then it fell down to the average guy. now think about how many people are out there that have used steroids incorrectly, its an enormous amount compared to those who know what they are doing. so for the doctors sake, they are bad, because almost everyone who uses them aren't informed on how to do it correctly. [U]with hcg, its still fairly new, not that many people know about it,[/U] like half the people on this thread wouldn't have known some of its uses without these articles, especially the drastic change that it could make. now if doctors see no harm in it, they won't be against it. but, since not everyone knows about it, vastly less people abuse it. when that happens, i guarantee you doctors will do a 180 and say its bad too. and there is a huge line between being bigger and being a body builder. not so big between wanting to be skinny when you're fat
    "More than 50 years ago, Dr. Albert T. Simeons, a British-born physician, contended that HCG injections would enable dieters to subsist comfortably on a 500-calorie-a-day diet. He claimed that HCG would mobilize stored fat; suppress appetite; and redistribute fat from the waist, hips, and thighs [1]. There is no scientific evidence to support these claims [2-13]. Moreover, a 500-calorie (semi-starvation) diet is likely to result in loss of protein from vital organs, and HCG can cause other adverse effects. Gabe Mirkin, M.D., has noted" Stephen Barrett, M.D.

so you just quoted two different doctors, who each show the other side of this argument?

and i'f i'm wrong, but steroids have been used for around 80 years now. so even after they were around for 50 years, how big of news were they? luckily i'm too young to answer that myself, but i'm sure you get my point. maybe 30 years from now hcg will be all the rage

there will always be studies, you can't go by one that proves what you want to hear, its all theories. which means it can't be proven either way definitively.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information