Guitaristralph is offline New Member

Seeking Guidence

Hello, This is my first post so i would like to introduce myself. My name is Ralph and i am 19 years old. I was curious to see peoples opinions on maybe getting on some supplements to help me build. Before i start to explain i have read all of the reasons on here that you shouldn't take but hear me out before. I've been lifting now for about 2 years and went from 120lbs to 140lbs in that time. I train with other body builders who have competed, my problem though is gaining weight and muscle. I have done a lot of research on maybe why i am not gaining quicker or why it is hard for me to gain. I narrowed it down to maybe getting to much estrogen, or that my testostorone is being converted to estrogen. So i cut out a lot of bad foods, and have mainly stuck to organic foods. I drink 10-15 raw eggs a day for the protein and calories. I've been taking 60x0, Dim complex, and calcium D-glucarate to help fight against estrogen. But yet i still feel like i have not made good gains. I started to rethink on what my problem may be, Another theory of mine is that my body is not producing enough testostorone. Reasons behind this is because for one i am only 140lbs. I have no arm pit hair and barely any facial hair. My genetics aren't great neither, my father is a full grown man at the age of 48 and has never hit 150lbs a day in his life. He's always been 130, so i figure that i am going to head in his direction.

I have sent in a syliva test for testostorne but haven't recieved the results yet, i am more curious to see what they have to show before going for more help. I'm here because i'm trying to better my body and maybe it needs a hand but i am not sure. So i figured i'd ask the experts what they think before doing anything. I am also not trying to do this to skip hard work, i actually really enjoy lifting, its made me feel better about myself and stronger, but i am getting annoyed now with the extremely slow gains and the lack of body weight. Any opinions or thoughts would be greatly appriciated, i understand there only opinions so do speak your mind. Thanks again.

Ralph

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    First i think your far to young for steroids , second why dont you post a full diet and training program. You have 5/6 years of natural growing dude, rome wasnt built in a day. Two years of training isnt long.

Sounds fair, i appriaicate your input. Thanks again.

Sounds fair, my diet goes as of atleast 3000 calories a day and a try for 4500. My training has changed up because it was needed, before i was doing mainly 6 sets of 6 with heavy weight with about 3 different workouts with each muscle. Now i am doing high rep low weight, with about 4-6 sets. same amount of workouts for the muscle. If you want further detail just let me know.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitaristralph View Post
    Sounds fair, i appriaicate your input. Thanks again.
    No worries dude. post your diet in the diet section, and training program in the workout section and you'll get all the help you need. Keep it safe bro.

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    some people are just hard gainers and t may have nothing to do with your diet or workouts its just genetics and you are still young, i graduated high school weighing about 130 lbs and could not put on a single pound for the life of me and as time went on i started putting on weight natural dont jump into steroids right now wait it out and see what happens lift natural for another couple of years before even considering doing steroids and im sure you dont have test problems at age 19 if you do, go to a doctor bc you have serious problems

Ok guys, sounds like a great idea to wait things out, i do a lot of this on my own so i am always wondering what i should do to try and help my body out. I really do appriciate the help and concern. Thanks again.

Ralph

do you take any supplements or anyhtin to make gains like creatine glutamine protein anything?

oh i forgot to add, is there anything that may kick start my growth besides steriods ? or is it just time?
    Last edited by Guitaristralph; 12-18-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjetsfan86 View Post
    do you take any supplements or anyhtin to make gains like creatine glutamine protein anything?
    I do 10-15 raw eggs a day for protein, i'm taking dim complex, 60x0 and calcium d glucarate. I am also thinking about getting a multi vitamin.

try taking some creatine monohydrate and glutamine

get a whey protein powder to take as well for post workout and add some carbs to it

mholla is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitaristralph View Post
    I do 10-15 raw eggs a day for protein, i'm taking dim complex, 60x0 and calcium d glucarate. I am also thinking about getting a multi vitamin.
    i would stay away from ingesting raw eggs, especially 10-15. besides the obvious risk of salmonella and terrible taste/texture, egg protein is better absorbed when cooked...despite any Rocky influences or internet nutrition "guru's". see: http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

"In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds. It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990)."

Thread Information