davidinvienna is offline Associate Member

Question can anyone give advice please

stats up front:

30yo, 1m77cm, 80kgs (down from 92-94), training changed completely from weights and ma/mma to lots of running, cycling, swimming and ma - hence the weight loss.

want to stick with the kind of stuff I am doing now since really gotten into it. looking for a "kickstart" to prep training for short distance triathlon (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run).

any use in aas at all for that kind of stuff? (which compounds and dose would you suggest ... some form of test I spose?) was thinking of aas mainly as an aid for quicker recovery at a 6day/wk training routine as well as helping with pure strength rather than mass (obviously).
    have done a few cycles in the past but they were all set to achieve a whole different goal than what I am doing now.
    Subs I have used so far (of course not all combined): Test (E&P), EQ, Tren , Mast, Dbol , Halo, Var;

thanks for your input
    Last edited by davidinvienna; 01-06-2009 at 09:56 PM.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't see any need for AS IMHO

I know gear like EPO, EQ or Anadrol are known for increasing RBC count ... but if you ever decide to compete clean in a triathlon, then natural conditioning would be the way to go

THE-ORICLE is offline New Member
    or maybe a lil boost in test i e 500 mg a week ..im just putting that out there,thats all

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    I don't see any need for AS IMHO

I know gear like EPO, EQ or Anadrol are known for increasing RBC count ... but if you ever decide to compete clean in a triathlon, then natural conditioning would be the way to go
    ok, so besides the issue of competing clean (won't compete for a while - late summer) would a low dose of test (prop) for a short period of lets say 6-8weeks or even something as mild as Var alone be worth a thought? EQ is available to me as well if necessary but a little concerned about it's rather long detectability in the system ... EPO can't get, Anadrol too much mass gains ...

THE-ORICLE is offline New Member
    and all water weight at that too with anadrol

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ a low dose of test won't harm you, but I can't see it doing you much good either... unless you have a naturally low occurring free test in your system. Sure you'll get that little agression, your muscles may recover faster and your sense of wellbeing is good but nothing that would follow through into competition time... but if it keeps you at it and makes the hellish training sessions even marginally enjoyable, go ahead and give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    ^^^ a low dose of test won't harm you, but I can't see it doing you much good either... unless you have a naturally low occurring free test in your system. Sure you'll get that little agression, your muscles may recover faster and your sense of wellbeing is good but nothing that would follow through into competition time... but if it keeps you at it and makes the hellish training sessions even marginally enjoyable, go ahead and give it a try
    mmm - better save me the cash then and go through the hell sessions nat all the way .... ^^^... my naty test is pretty good ... so pain, here I come LOL

update: someone just came back to me and suggested 4 weeks of Halo only for the pure strength, extra aggression and positive effects on cardio. safe to go that way?

any more feedback guys?

peptide is offline Junior Member
    I am an Ironman triathlete and have done countless races both natural and with help. As long as you are in reasonably decent shape you really don't need to take any AAS for the distances you'll be training for.

When you start to do some longer distances you'll find that in some people the shear volume of endurance training will begin to shut down your normal production if T. When these T levels drop then injuries and burnout and the very real possibility of not making it to the starting line are right around the corner. AAS should be used only to bring your T levels back into normal ranges and absolutely nothing more.

If you take your T levels beyond normal you will start to hold water and gain pretty muscle but not needed muscle. This extra weight is a death blow to endurance performance. Also the extra water puts more stress on your heart and your VO2 max will drop for sure. You want your body to be like a Greyhound not a Rottweiler.

When you start to move into the Ironman distances and IF your body stops absorbing anymore training then you could add in 100mg of T and perhaps 150mg of EQ to bump RBC. A massive very high cycle that very few could tolerate would be 125mg of T and 200mg of EQ a week. I'm sure many of the BB are rolling there eyes at this dose but trust me that is a very big dose for an endurance athlete.

As for HGH, (which is not a steriod ) I would start it as soon as possible based on your age and stats you provided. It will help you lose some extra body fat, aid in recovery and increase your endurance capacity. I would work up to as high as 3iu a day (maybe 4iu) 5on 2off and see how your body likes that. The big thing to look for here would be water gain. If you do too much you'll start to hold water. You'll have to let your body be your guide when it comes to HGH dosing.

The best advice I could give you is to learn about Periodization Training Techniques and how they apply to endurance athletes. Invest in a quality heart rate monitor (I prefer the Garmin 301 or 305) and get tested to find out your various heart rate zones. This is absolutely key to helping make sure you don't over train. If you don't have or know of any GOOD triathlon coaches in your area then I highly suggest using the online services of markallenonline.com.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help you out any way I can.
    Last edited by peptide; 01-08-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Thread Information