system admin is offline Owner

Patrick Arnold: BALCO Chemist involved with more Major League problems-Steroid.com

Patrick Arnold: BALCO Chemist involved with more Major League problems (J.C. Romero tests positive!)

By now you may have heard that Patrick Arnold, the BALCO chemist is involved with another doping problem in Major League Baseball.

Major League Baseball will suspend Philadelphia Phillies lefthander J.C. Romero and New York Yankees righthander Sergio Mitre for the first 50 games of the 2009 season testing positive for a metabolite of testosterone (a failed testosterone doping analysis) if I am reading the situation correctly. They are claiming that it was from using the Ergopharm Supplement 6-OXO, which may be possible, depending on the type of test used, and what it tested for.

According to the arbitrator’s report, a sample of the supplement to MLB for testing, and the tests showed that 6-OXO itself contained a substance that could result in a positive drug test. The results were sent to commissioner Bud Selig’s office in July.

Romero will lose about $1.25 million in salary, Mitre about $60,000.

A possible cause for this positive may be cross-contamination (or simply that the people involved were using anabolic steroids ). By cross contamination, I mean that Ergopharm has recently come out with a new version of their 1-AD product, which ultimately converts to 1-Androstenediol, similarly to the old 1-Testosterone (Dihydroboldenone):

Still, this seems highly unlikely, as studies suggest that even taking high doses of prohormones are unlikely to cause a positive result for steroids. This is like drinking water and claiming it was why you got nailed for drunk driving. And it should be noted that Ergopharm consistently reminds everyone that they have very strict quality controls. On this issue, Patrick Arnold has stated:

“perhaps he took testosterone and they are using 6-oxo extreme contained andro as a coverup“

Needless to say, at this point, I’m not 100% sure what the positive test precisely entailed, or why it happened yet - and am not able to evaluate what has happened as accurately as possible (fog of war and all that).

Of course, other recent internet posts that Patrick has been making may prove to be damaging to him, as he and his company have once again fallen under public scrutiny for the aforementioned doping issues.

During the writing of this article about the new (undetectable) performance enhancing drug “S-4″, I was told that Patrick Arnold had asking around for a sample (which Patrick later confirmed on the Muscular Development forums):

Yes, the guy who was involved with the largest sports doping scandal in the past decade (BALCO) has been publicly talking about his attempts to procure a sample of an undetectable performance enhancing drug!

Now he’s involved with another very-public doping issue. [In his defense, Pat said he wanted to analyze it to make sure it's real - but still, publicly asking for undetectable drugs is a bad idea for a man like Patrick.]
    With the kind of public scrutiny Patrick and Ergopharm is getting at this point, it’s not great to be posting stuff like this on the ‘net.
    I’ve always liked that Patrick has been so outspoken (often to the detriment of his business relationships in the nutritional and steroid industry), but this may be a time to circle the wagons a bit, and be less public. [Granted, this is the advice people give to me too]

I dont know if Patrick Arnold did anything wrong in this case, but Major League Baseball is going to be causing him some headaches, and his various internet postings aren’t going to be of much help - especially when his supplements are under scrutiny and he’s publicly trying to get his hands on an undetcable drug.

It’s all bad news, and I hope everything works out, and the truth (or something resembling it) comes to the surface.

On the bright side, when McGwire got caught using Andro, sales jumped 1,000% the following week….I expect 1-AD sales to jump considerably also.

Steroid.com Research

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    As I understand it, designer steroids are being developed all the time and that in order to test for AAS you have to not only know the structure of the molecule before its broken down in the body as well as what the molecule will look like AFTER the body breaks it down, or in this instance...metabolites, or other chemicals (or lack there off) that are or would be present if AAS was used, or not used. Aswell you have to test for each individual compound on its own. There are probably many "undetectable" steroids out there. Until some jerkoff sends a sample to a lab where it is analyzed and then it becomes detectable because we know what we are looking for.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    A few issues back in MD he spoke openly about how a few years ago he had caused a bunch of athletes to test positive due to a cross contamination problem. I got the feeling he was covering for them, I find the whole cross contamination theory hard to believe. I can see how it could happen but it just doesnt seem likely that you could cross a threshhold value due to cross contamination.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i hope he doesnt end up more jammed up. The man is one of the few well educated , scientific minds that applies his knowledge to this specific area of interest.

system admin is offline Owner

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    tttt
    Last edited by ralph4u2c; 01-13-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: sorry it double posted

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    from what i heard and i believe was confirmed PA sold ergopharm. i know our owner Ron and PA are good friends and he will be our guest in our chatroom, Thermochat, tomorrow night if you'd like to chat with him and ask him questions on the topic. i love PA and his smart ass attitude i wish him the best though.

if interested in talking to him it is at http://thermolife.com/forum just sign up, click chat, and it starts at 9PM eastern USA time.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never heard of "S-4", what is it?

As for PA, he posted quite a bit on bb.com forums and is a smart and good guy, as for his products its the athletes fault for not thinking through about what they are taking.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    i hope he doesnt end up more jammed up. The man is one of the few well educated , scientific minds that applies his knowledge to this specific area of interest.
    A modern day Dan Duchaine.

Thread Information