Ajinra is offline New Member

Steroid muscle growth temporary?

I am getting close to starting my first cycle but I have been reading that steroid muscle growth, no matter your pct, is only temporary. First off, thats kind of scary. Second, it doesnt seem to make much sense to me. Does that temporary effect only apply to those that have used gear to go over their genetic potential? Or do even those that are under their GP still lose gains regardless of how much they train without roids?

Thanks.

rager is offline Member
    Read up

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    I think it depends on what you do after you cycle. I have kept most of my gains for the last 10 years

If you take steroids , gain muscle, stop working out and eating right, then YES you are gonna lose your gains

if you take steroids, gain muscle , KEEP working out and working on your diet, then you will keep most of your gains

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Are you anywhere near your genetic potential?

t-mos, does that mean you have been off the juice for 10 years straight and still kept most of your gains? thanks for your response, btw.

as far as me being close to my genetic potential, definitely not. i have tendonosis in my knees that has kept me from lifting for about 7 months now. i've been staying off them, waiting for them to get better, but its not going to happen. i've tried the doctor route, but that is just a money sink with no end in sight. i've heard some great things about deca and tendon healing, otherwise i wouldn't have even been thinking aas. since i've decided to use aas for the knee problem, it would be ridiculous not to build muscle while on cycle.

Zino is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajinra View Post
    t-mos, does that mean you have been off the juice for 10 years straight and still kept most of your gains? thanks for your response, btw.

as far as me being close to my genetic potential, definitely not. i have tendonosis in my knees that has kept me from lifting for about 7 months now. i've been staying off them, waiting for them to get better, but its not going to happen. i've tried the doctor route, but that is just a money sink with no end in sight. i've heard some great things about deca and tendon healing, otherwise i wouldn't have even been thinking aas. since i've decided to use aas for the knee problem, it would be ridiculous not to build muscle while on cycle.
    try some Alflutop. gear is a bad idea just to try to heal tendinitis.

Joker111086 is offline Associate Member
    my last cycle of deca healed my torn meniscus :P

Any kind of muscle growth is temporary. If you are natural and quit eating and training for a few months what do you think will happen? You'll stay the same? Steroid only speed up anabolism, and also depends on what you use, the rule of thumb if you don't know it already is that the faster they act the faster you lose gains, as well as how stable you can keep your hormone levels as well. But theres more factors to keeping muscle than just steroid and PCT use as well.

adude006 is offline Associate Member
    You should be able to keep the strength, not sure about the mass. I lost most of my mass after each cycle and always default back to 165ish no matter what i do. But my strength drops very little, so with each cycle my strength goes up and i keep that even months later. Ofcourse, the key is how you workout + the diet.

I never do light/high reps anymore, still max out with 6 reps always so i think it helps. The only peroid when i started doing high reps/medium weights and i had a hard time maintianing my strength gained from gear.

And ofcourse genetics plays in too...

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajinra View Post

not sure I understand your question to me. I didn't start taking steroids until I was 35, (now 43) I went from 192 up to 260 on my first bulking cycle. i then cut down to about 225 solid, I haven't used steroids in about a year, and I am sitting about about 230 and about 16-18 % bodyfat, which I am ok with as I am not competing .
    So I kept all my size and did lose strength, but only because My training has changed over the years, and as I get older I don't find it necessary to squat 600 lbs anymore.

I am more just looking to stay around 230 and keep the definition I have and I am doing that just fine with my workouts and my diet

Hope that answered your question

also, Deca does NOT heal your joints, it basically lubricates them which aids you in lifting heavier and recovering quicker. The problem I see for you with that is if you start lifting heavier then your tendons can handle , then you risk doing more damage. that is one of the problems with some people, they gain strength faster than their joints can handle
    Last edited by T-MOS; 02-14-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Mammon is offline Banned ~ Scammer
    believe decas action as an anti-inflammatory is why it has a positive effect on joints.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    deca relieves joint pain I though because of the extra fluid .....

And steroids dont give you more muscle just expands the muscle cells you have .. now if you want hypergenesis hgh is the way to go

EghtySx is offline Junior Member
    Its the same, roids or not. Use it or lose it.

Mammon is offline Banned ~ Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by james21 View Post
    deca relieves joint pain I though because of the extra fluid .....
    well, if that was the case wouldnt any gear that makes you retain water have the same effect.. thats not the case

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    I have heard some say if you go over your genetic max that you will lose your gains back down to the max unless you keep cycling.

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    if you pass your genetic limit, then stop .... your body can only maintain so much naturally no matter what.

i have done 2 cycles. i kept about %75+ of my size gains each time. heavy pct, strict diet, and kept up with the training.... but im not at my genetic limit...

EghtySx is offline Junior Member

Adapt, migrate, or die ...

Genetics are nothing more than a series of instructions (DNA) that tell organs, tissues, and glands to produce specific hormones and hormone-like substances in specific amounts and ratios at specific times. Even now, as adults, our tissues are, to an amazing extent, capable of significant alteration as a result of specific hormone profiles combined with and moderated by specific training/athletic stimuli.**

**Building the Perfect Beast ... Naturally - Author L. Rea & Eric R. Broser pp9 - 11

u keep ur gains if u keep lifting and diet correctly ur fine

Crest is offline Senior Member
    temporary bro. you will never keep it unless you cycle again. sorry!

supersiz2006 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    I think it depends on what you do after you cycle. I have kept most of my gains for the last 10 years

If you take steroids , gain muscle, stop working out and eating right, then YES you are gonna lose your gains

if you take steroids, gain muscle , KEEP working out and working on your diet, then you will keep most of your gains

These are words to live by.

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysunderstudy View Post
    Any kind of muscle growth is temporary. If you are natural and quit eating and training for a few months what do you think will happen? You'll stay the same? Steroid only speed up anabolism, and also depends on what you use, the rule of thumb if you don't know it already is that the faster they act the faster you lose gains, as well as how stable you can keep your hormone levels as well. But theres more factors to keeping muscle than just steroid and PCT use as well.
    Great answer!

everyone, thanks a ton! it seems we all have different opinions on if you lose it without constant aas use and it looks like everyone has a different opinion on deca and healing. either way, thank again!

GauchB is offline Associate Member
    I have a few cycles now and I have lost the weight that I put on yes but my strength gains I have pretty much kept from the cycles or have after a few months of hard training passed them.

bmit is offline Member
    If you eat, train, and lifestyle is right you will keep your gains and even make new ones - provided you are not past your "genetic limit".

GTOne is offline Associate Member
    Wow, I don't know about you Ajinra, but I am as confused as ever after reading all of these... Has to be some scientific backed theories out there, or, who knows, maybe it just depends on the individual? Everyone is all over the board it seems...

moosie is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker111086 View Post
    ? torn meniscus=doc removing it, at least thats what they did back it 2001. its torn cartilage. my doc took mine out and hey it still the shiats! dont think deca can cure that bro.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker111086 View Post
    no it didnt, that statement is false unless your Deca contained nano technology which sent little micro mechanized doctors to the knee via the bloodstream and cut away the torn part of the meniscus.

if it did then the deca you have is worth billions.

moosie is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44 View Post
    no it didnt, that statement is false unless your Deca contained nano technology which sent little micro mechanized doctors to the knee via the bloodstream and cut away the torn part of the meniscus.

if it did then the deca you have is worth billions.
    bravo statement, maybe this can start a new thread of how AAS cant cure knee and shoulder injuries. KAEW44 or any other members, have you experienced the loveley torn meniscus diagnosis?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by rager View Post
    Read up
    Perfect simple and to the point........

Thread Information