Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida_Guy is offline New Member

Started my 1st Cycle

Hey There...47 y/o male who has lifted for over 25+ years - bodybuilding/power lifting. Not sending my ego, just some background :-).

I had a few year layoff due to a broken knee that occurred while running. The knees became so bad, an ortho wanted to do a total knee replacement; told him no way as I wasn't ready to become a bionic man.

Started back in the gym over a year ago and it was painful. Numerous strains, fatigue, etc. I was weighing about 230 @ 5'10" and while not super weak, didn't have the endurance that I needed. Also, my 15 y/o son was training with me, he plays sports, and his growth was great.

After a year, I reduced my bodyfat to a good 18% by doing tons of cardio. I also strength trained but as you know, losing weight and increasing strength doesn't go well together. So after losing about 30lbs and seeing a 4-pack, I said time to get my strength back. Went back to a healthy 3000-3500 calorie diet and started to bulk well again.

After about 4 months, my strength lifts were:

Squat - 405
    Bench - 315
    Dead - 315

But then a strange thing started happening; I began losing strength. My lifts were getting weaker even though I was eating, sleeping well, etc. I took some time off, 2 weeks, read quite a bit about mixing up routines (I do that anyway) and started doing 10 sets of 10 for some of my major lifts to break the downward spiral I was in. I also went to a doc and had a complete physical...all was well.

So...I'm thinking this sux and then I saw this guy benching 425 and thought holy s**t...if he can do that, I know I can. We started talking and he told me about the gear and recommended a few things. I became very interested and started some research and settled on 500mg of test e weekly for 10 weeks.

I started last week and I now it's only been a week, but I feel good...I mean really good. Stronger and my size is up a bit. Could be my head but looking forward to 3 weeks to see where I'm at.

My goals:

Squat - 500 x1
    Bench - 365 x1
    Dead - 365-405 x1

I'll post more as I go through but at 47 years old, I feel good about whatever goals I make.

Thx

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    so you are doing Test E for 10 weeks at 500mgs/week

What do you have planned for PCT? Do you have anything on hand for and AI during the cycle?

Yes...I have my PCT covered and can acquire something else if needed during the cycle.

Test E @ 500mg/week for 10 weeks.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your planned PCT? If it were me I'd run it 12 weeks...you wont see your Test E "kick in" til probably week 5...that's when the ride really begins.

Your PCT should begin 14 days after your last injection

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good bro, just like the cycle I have planned actually. Keep us updated as to your results.

I'm not trying to really gain much more weight; I weigh in now at 220; is there any chance I can keep my weight under 230 while increasing my strength?

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida_Guy View Post
    I'm not trying to really gain much more weight; I weigh in now at 220; is there any chance I can keep my weight under 230 while increasing my strength?
    your weight is going to depend on you diet....bump for pct

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    your diet will play a large part in your overall weight. But plan on gaining some poundage. There will be some considerable water weight as well (keep your sodium in check). However, you will lose water weight during and some minor mass/strength gains during PCT. Your diet and continued training will determine weather or not you keep most of your gains.

Test E (for me anyways) is a bulking agent and throws some size on you for sure. Just enjoy the ride, and you can always lean out after your cycle.

Eat clean, lay off the salt and you can avoid the bloat

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Hey There...47 y/o male who has lifted for over 25+ years - bodybuilding/power lifting. Not sending my ego, just some background :-).

I had a few year layoff due to a broken knee that occurred while running. The knees became so bad, an ortho wanted to do a total knee replacement; told him no way as I wasn't ready to become a bionic man.

Started back in the gym over a year ago and it was painful. Numerous strains, fatigue, etc. I was weighing about 230 @ 5'10" and while not super weak, didn't have the endurance that I needed. Also, my 15 y/o son was training with me, he plays sports, and his growth was great.

After a year, I reduced my bodyfat to a good 18% by doing tons of cardio. I also strength trained but as you know, losing weight and increasing strength doesn't go well together. So after losing about 30lbs and seeing a 4-pack, I said time to get my strength back. Went back to a healthy 3000-3500 calorie diet and started to bulk well again. Let me see if I can help you out a little more...gaining strength while losing weight is all about your diet..

After about 4 months, my strength lifts were:

Squat - 405
    Bench - 315
    Dead - 315

But then a strange thing started happening; I began losing strength. My lifts were getting weaker even though I was eating, sleeping well, etc. I took some time off, 2 weeks, read quite a bit about mixing up routines (I do that anyway) and started doing 10 sets of 10 for some of my major lifts to break the downward spiral I was in. I also went to a doc and had a complete physical...all was well.this really happens to most people

So...I'm thinking this sux and then I saw this guy benching 425 and thought holy s**t...if he can do that, I know I can. We started talking and he told me about the gear and recommended a few things. I became very interested and started some research and settled on 500mg of test e weekly for 10 weeks. this is a good first cycle but you really have to set it up right

first make sure you have all the test e you will need through out you cycle all so I like to have an AI on hand such as Arimidex

I started last week and I now it's only been a week, but I feel good...I mean really good. Stronger and my size is up a bit. Could be my head but looking forward to 3 weeks to see where I'm at.

My goals:

Squat - 500 x1
    Bench - 365 x1
    Dead - 365-405 x1

I'll post more as I go through but at 47 years old, I feel good about whatever goals I make.

Thx

for a good pct i would look at clomid and nolva, do somemore research and come up with a plan and post it...i dont want to give you all the answers

I plan on using Clomid (already have them) in the following manner for PCT:

Clomid: 100/50/50/50

If I need Nolva, I can easily acquire.

Thx

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    I plan on using Clomid (already have them) in the following manner for PCT:

Clomid: 100/50/50/50

If I need Nolva, I can easily acquire.

Thx
    If you want get some nolva and run it as well (during PCT), just for precautionary purposes and to battle any type of estrogen from reaching the breast.

Also extend the cycle to 12 weeks.

Other than that best of luck.

Thread Information