Thread: Doctors & Gyno

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HOLLYWOOD.JACK is offline Associate Member

Doctors & Gyno

I notice its quite common to worry about Gyno (including myself) and if it appears to want it to disappear as soon as possible often confiding in forum members on how to go about it.

Couldnt you simply goto a doctor and complain about sore/sensitive nipples and be checked out that way? If they ask if its due to steroids , a) is it really their business to know? or b) you could say its due to OTC pro-hormones? Either way wouldn't they be obliged to help fix the issue? I'd imagine if they refused to that'd be a reason to sue, you tried to see a doctor in regards to stopping the Gyno from progressing and were turned away, after all doctors offer a public service dont they? (Well in Australia they do)

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    they would ask for a full blood panel, including test and estrogen levels.. if you have health insurance, you risk cancelation....

if your paying privatly, go for it

So wherever your from they'd really CANCEL your health insurance due to high testosterone levels

well, at least in america... didn't see your from down under... but i dont see how they'd wanna cover you when your using illict drugs... im sure you might wanna check up on that before coming out straight with your doc

my doc know about my cycles and monitors them, but i have to get my labs done privately (my ex is a lab scientist, easily available to me)...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I've only talked to a couple docs about gyno, I'm not prone so it was more or less just for info during social visits, but both leaned toward surgery rather than treatment.

Couldnt a possibility be an 'unexplained' burst of Gyno evolving?

I don't think I'd bother trying to explain to my doctor I'm on cycle, she most likely wont know what I'm talking about (Yes Asian, no racism - they're just very simple in my area and I can barely understand them myself). I had a friend who used to have a doctor who was heavily into BB'ing but I think he's fled overseas for some reason or another

alexs is offline Junior Member
    Box Hill ? LOL

in2shape is offline Member
    bro im in oz too ... id just go to a diff doc ...if you dont have private health id tell em ...id prob tell him anyway , whats he gonna do as soon as you walk out ring your private health insurer ???? i very much doubt this .... you can say from trib terest you took otc supplement ... and i agree hes a doc he has to treat you , simple

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Uh.. your insurance company doesn't see results of your lab work. Only your doctor does. Your insurance is not going to get canceled.

Just tell your doctor you use steroids and get your gyno treated. That's what I did. Never had a problem. The only danger in telling your doctor about your steroid use is if you ever have to apply for your own health insurance and they want to see your doctor's records, in which case just say you don't have a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    Uh.. your insurance company doesn't see results of your lab work. Only your doctor does. Your insurance is not going to get canceled.

Just tell your doctor you use steroids and get your gyno treated. That's what I did. Never had a problem. The only danger in telling your doctor about your steroid use is if you ever have to apply for your own health insurance and they want to see your doctor's records, in which case just say you don't have a doctor.
    alota companies in the us, like kaiser, is completely digital..

and trust me they check to see if you f ing up...

so your insurance CAN get cancelled...

i didn't say i WILL happen every time.. your own doc could be a dick and report you...

better to play it safe kids..

bluesman is offline Junior Member
    Not sure about every state, by my FIL runs an "urgent/primary care clinic" in Florida.. They take cash, barter (especially these days), insurance, you name it. They don't check your ID, and many of their customers don't have it anyway.. If you provide them your insurance and info, still doesn't mean they are going to call up blue shield to report a "possible" or even admitted steroid user. First, they will lose a customer, second, the insurance company that has been paying them for that client will stop paying the provider, and since most providers are at least 120 days behind in their accounts receivable, that could add up to a big financial loss. They have a hard enough time getting paid already. A physician is professionally and ethically bound to provide health care regardless of circumstances of an individual.

My FIL charges about $100 for a 20 minute consult and scrip, labs are extra (sent out) and charged through him, he just marks them up $5-10 bucks... I would bet your average cash only urgent care oral meds treatment of gyno would cost you more or less $200-$300, completely off of insurance..Most come in for vaccines, flu/colds, scrapes, small fractures, stitches, pulls and whatnot. I bet if he got a huge guy with bitch tits, he would probably enjoy the change of pace.

The faster you get it treated, the better chance you have of a medical option, rather than surgical. I see gyno reduction in South East Asia going for $1,500 or so... However, I digress....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's where you run into problems...Some insurance companies will pay for the surgery, but you are limited for 2 reasons:

1. They only perform the mastectomy (which is excision of the gland) and NOT liposuction. That is never covered as a solution.

2. You are most likely going to end up being covered only for a general surgeon who does NOT perform hundreds of surgeries like the best doctors who specialize.

In the case of surgery, you truly get what you pay for. I can guarantee you will not be happy with the results if you don't go to a qualified, expert plastic surgeon.

They are the only ones that will be able to get you close to your ideal chest, however, it will never be perfect once you've gotten gyne.

Good luck, I had the surgery and can tell you it was worth every penny for my results.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i dont think the doc would turn you down if you told, in the U.S. if he/she wanted to send you away they could and yes you could file a suit but you would gain nothing because we are not talking about an emergency case here

learnerdriver is offline Associate Member
    Surely it would be better to treat yourself before gyno emerges fully or does it fully develop more than i think?
    Are there still people that develop gyno even after following the correct pct?

Your missing the point I'm just saying isnt it a doctors job regardless of the situation to help us when need be.
    Of course its better to AVOID gyno yourself but for conversation sake ^^

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD.JACK View Post
    Your missing the point I'm just saying isnt it a doctors job regardless of the situation to help us when need be.
    Of course its better to AVOID gyno yourself but for conversation sake ^^
    for conversations sake, yes they are obligated to treat you no matter the circumstances... think of it as if a heroin addict went to seek treatment for an abscess, or an infectious disease he/she obtained from their use, of course the doctor will treat the patient, it's they're job.. you just have to be weiry of them keeping your info on file after your treatment

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opucknarf View Post
    for conversations sake, yes they are obligated to treat you no matter the circumstances... think of it as if a heroin addict went to seek treatment for an abscess, or an infectious disease he/she obtained from their use, of course the doctor will treat the patient, it's they're job.. you just have to be weiry of them keeping your info on file after your treatment
    Is gyno in any way life threatening. As I understand it is mostly cosmetic, in which case a doctor is perfectly within his rights to refuse to treat you. Most doctors will treat you no matter because they are decent people.

A doctor is reqired to treat things like abscesses or infectious diseases, but unsightly fat deposits, I don't think so.

Anyone who goes to a doctor and withholds pertinent information is an idiot. Don't waste the doctor's time.

Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    Is gyno in any way life threatening. As I understand it is mostly cosmetic, in which case a doctor is perfectly within his rights to refuse to treat you. Most doctors will treat you no matter because they are decent people.

A doctor is reqired to treat things like abscesses or infectious diseases, but unsightly fat deposits, I don't think so.

Anyone who goes to a doctor and withholds pertinent information is an idiot. Don't waste the doctor's time.
    you have to understand that you put the doc's license at risk when he's aware of your illict drug use and makes no report of it...

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    you have to understand that you put the doc's license at risk when he's aware of your illict drug use and makes no report of it...
    Not true. If this were true every junkie would go straight from detox to jail, because the doctor had to report them to save his medical liscence. Before you make assumptions you should at least use a little logic. In fact, the opposite is true. You have the right to a confidential relationship with your doctor and his reporting your steroid use would be improper and a risk to his liscense. Don't lie to your doctor.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opucknarf View Post
    wrong there would be no obligation with this case,circumstances do matter.
    Last edited by j4ever41; 04-04-2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: sp

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I notice its quite common to worry about Gyno (including myself) and if it appears to want it to disappear as soon as possible often confiding in forum members on how to go about it.

Couldnt you simply goto a doctor and complain about sore/sensitive nipples and be checked out that way? If they ask if its due to steroids, a) is it really their business to know? or b) you could say its due to OTC pro-hormones? Either way wouldn't they be obliged to help fix the issue? I'd imagine if they refused to that'd be a reason to sue, you tried to see a doctor in regards to stopping the Gyno from progressing and were turned away, after all doctors offer a public service dont they? (Well in Australia they do)
    If you would have told the truth about your age and BF%, (20years old with the same 20BF%) I dont think you would be worried about gyno..

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    If you would have told the truth about your age and BF%, (20years old with the same 20BF%) I dont think you would be worried about gyno..
    agree! Did you just ignore our advice? I'm not trying to be a dick here, hope you get these matter cleared up without needing surgery.

Ughh.. you are like a bad smell

I dont HAVE gyno, I'm saying if someone had gyno symptoms they should be able to go to a doctor for help .. read the thread man jeez lol ..

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Ughh.. you are like a bad smell

I dont HAVE gyno, I'm saying if someone had gyno symptoms they should be able to go to a doctor for help .. read the thread man jeez lol ..
    What would it matter, it has been proven you dont listen to anyone anyway and you would just lie about it anyway.

Thread Information