NewMuscle83 is offline Member

Steroid research

I have to do a research paper for my nutrition class. The paper can be on anything, so of course I picked steroids . The question I will be answering is: Can steroid be used safely in bodybuilding?

I would like to know if you guys can direct me to good sources for my research. Internet sites, journals, articles, books, magazines, videos, and personal interviews. I appreciate all the help I can get so I can find the info needed.

Thanks.

P.s.: If this thread belongs in the lounge, I apologize. Please feel free to move it. I just figured I'd get better answers here.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Safe is a relative term, you can not say that its 100% safe or 100% deadly. What you can say is that done properly steroids can be used with Relative Safety by the user.

Just like saying that a person can exercise 100% safely is wrong. A person that is exercising is many times more likely to die during exercise of sudden cardiac arrest than at rest. So we say that the average person can exercise with a relatively high level of safety when done properly.

Understand the wording?

Because semantics will be a big part of your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Safe is a relative term, you can not say that its 100% safe or 100% deadly. What you can say is that done properly steroids can be used with Relative Safety by the user.

Just like saying that a person can exercise 100% safely is wrong. A person that is exercising is many times more likely to die during exercise of sudden cardiac arrest than at rest. So we say that the average person can exercise with a relatively high level of safety when done properly.

Understand the wording?

Because semantics will be a big part of your argument.
    Yep, makes sense. Thanks for your input. I'll go ahead and make that adjustment. The main point of my research is to shed light on all the myths associated with steroid use , and prove whether they are correct or not, and therefore figuring out if steroids can be use with relative safety.

Do you have anywhere to direct me for my research?

BigIce is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 48volts View Post
    Do you have anywhere to direct me for my research?

Spend some time in here and you will have plenty for one fat paper

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Please do an awesome paper, and get it published!! Do us all a favour. There are plenty of medical journal sources you can find on the web to help. Look at deaths caused by steroids etc (which I believe there are none or maybe 1 documented).

Quote Originally Posted by BigIce View Post
    Spend some time in here and you will have plenty for one fat paper
    I am limited to 3 websites, 1 wikipedia article, and 2 personal interviews. Since I have to use 20 sources for my paper, the rest have to come from published journals, books, magazines, and articles.

BigIce is offline Associate Member
    I did not mean that you should name this forum as a source directly.

Not sure that is a good idea

But use it to find sources, just start searching.

Thread Information