MekeMeke is offline Associate Member

MMA, Roids and Cambridge Diet

Ok guys, this is the deal. A good friend of mine recently got brainwashed into doing the cambridge diet. No matter what we tell him he still believes if he works out heavy he will maintain or grow muscle. Which does not make sense since the diet only includes 3 shakes a day. We tried to explain to him that with good cardio and good diet he will be able to drop the fat and keep his muscles. His stats are these:

28 yo
    18% BF
    230 LBS
    6 FT

He has been fighting MMA for quite some time and he's been fighting in The Netherlands. He does have alot of strength and muscle base which is covered with his concerned fat that he wants to get rid of.

Now, he wants to start cycling while being on this diet. Has anyone done that? Is that even posible ( kinda rhetorical)? We try to explain to him that with a good diet and cardio he can shed the fat and keep his strength and muscles. My reason for posting this is to get enough feedback to get him to read up on here so he can change his mind. Thanks and PZ!

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    WTF is the cambridge diet?

When you say it only includes 3 shakes a day, you mean thats all he ingests for the ENTIRE day?

Thats retarded...

MekeMeke is offline Associate Member
    War...whats up brah....

Yes the only thing he ingests daily are 3 shakes....I have no idea as to exactly what this diet provides, but basically you drink 3 shakes a day....I have no idea the amount of proteins, carbs, cals etc it has. But it really does not make sense....

jfalco is offline Member
    Just googled it. It involves severe calorie restiction. As little as 400 a day.

Your friend is out of his mind. Just get him to spar after a couple of days on this diet. When he gets his ass kicked because he is weak with hunger, he might be more willing to listen to reason.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^ Agreed.

Sounds like a diet for chicks during beach season. Your friend is a moron if he thinks he'll beable to train on 400 cals a day. I eat twice that for breakfeast.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    if he is sparring everyday his bf should be pretty low with just clean eating. Nobody wants to ever hear that what they already know, and already could have been doing is the answer. To lose bodyfat, all one has to do is BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU TAKE IN. No need for steroids here---- yet.

Alphatier is offline Member
    Holy Shit you're friend's insane:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cambridge_Diet

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lean n' mean View Post
    Holy Shit you're friend's insane:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cambridge_Diet
    wow that is insane! not healthy at all. Tell your pal to spar wearing sweats and run every morning when he wakes up. Eat normally.

Thread Information