Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IFR
    IFR is offline Associate Member

pre contest critique

Hey guys, thought I would post my current pre-contest diet and get some feedback from other competitors out there. I am 12 weeks out from my show and have been running Test, EQ and anti’es all of last month. Dieting is perfect, I weigh 230 currently around 5%bf. My coach wants me to use anavar but I don’t see the need for it with these cutters and the cost of anavar sucks! And don’t bust my balls on A-50! It has always worked great for me on a restricted caloric diet, never get the crazy sides when dieting way down.

Week 1-11 750mg Test week

Week 1-8 600mg EQ week

Week 2-12 400mg Masteron week

Week 3-12 40mgs Winny ED

Week 6-12 75mgs Tren ED

Week 6-12 100mgs Anadrol -50 ED

Week 4-12 50mg Proviron ED

Week 1-12 T3, Clen , Nolva and Aromisin, Aldactone last week

HGH 2iu every day
    Last edited by IFR; 04-30-2009 at 11:52 PM.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    only 13 compound cycle? id add at least 2 more. fk man,, thats a seriously big one.

IFR
    You think that is to many? what would you suggest? I dont really count anti'es or GH just because they are a must have for me. Some of the dosages are a little lower such as EQ only because I never saw difference from 1000mg week to 600mg.

im the wrong guy to ask because thats way out my league. Im sure your cycle exp is really high. Let the big vets chime in. Looks like a serious shut down though.

IFR
    I hear ya, allways want to avoid a shutdown, regular hcg taks care of that. I been competing at the national level for a few years with the excellent coaching I recieve. But he wants me to run anavar and way higher dosages on everything. Feels like a waste of money to me! cant see what bennifits anavar can have wiht all these cutters.

yea not sure what anavar is gonna do when you got 1000mg/wk of tren floating in you.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    My thinking is when you decide on a coach, you just have to commit yourself to what they say.

If you can't do that, find someone else.

That said, I don't see any point in adding var into that mix

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    yea not sure what anavar is gonna do when you got 1000mg/wk of tren floating in you.

Gotta agree there. btw OP, 1000mgs!?

J/C, why? Is there really that big a difference between 750mgs and 1050?

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    EQ usually takes about 6 weeks to kick in, so you're only getting about 2 weeks worth of EQ in the cycle.. Why don't you just run it all 12 weeks at 600mgs?

I don't see anavar being needed because you have some sick cutters in the mix, masteron /tren /winny/t3/clen . Anavar would just be a waste...

Also, what kind of test are you running? Some say you get less water retention with Test prop, so if you're running Test cyp or enan in the beginning consider switching it around week 8.. Something like 750mgs Test Cyp/E week 1-8. Week 9-12 100mg Test prop ED

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Don't take this advice to heart.... it's just MY opinion. I do not compete...... and i probably don't have the cycle experience you do. With that said......

I would probably run something like this......

1-12 Test E 750mg's/wk
    1-11 Tren E 500mg's/wk
    1-12 Masteron E 500mg's/wk

1-12 Proviron 75-100mg's/ed
    1-14 A-dex .5mg/eod

I don't hold water too much so i would run Enanthate everything. Any water i do retain will hopefully be taken care of w/ the A-dex. I don't see a need for the EQ or Anadrol to be honest. If it's strictly for cutting then i might add winny in there for the last 6 weeks but having 2 DHT compounds would probably ANNHILATE my hair......

If you have a problem with water retention then i'd take the prop and acetate versions. Oh and i would leave the Var out..... it's pretty mild..... i'm not sure you would notice it with THAT MUCH tren AND masteron AND winny.......

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

IFR
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2007 View Post
    Also, what kind of test are you running? Some say you get less water retention with Test prop, so if you're running Test cyp or enan in the beginning consider switching it around week 8.. Something like 750mgs Test Cyp/E week 1-8. Week 9-12 100mg Test prop ED
    Thanks for the input guys, as for test I currently use sust at 750mgs per week. In the past I have used prop and suspension the last 2 month before contest. This time I am going to keep the sust and lower it to the same dosages I used with prop and suspension. Honestly I after seeing results over and over I say test is test. As long as my level is where I want it I dont care what kind. I do follow what my coach says but he pushes this anavar where I dont see much difference wiht the cutters I allready have except for the added cost................I just caught that tren at 150 a week! I ment to say tren at 75mg ED
    Last edited by IFR; 04-30-2009 at 04:34 PM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IFR View Post
    I do follow what my coach says but he pushes this anavar where I dont see much difference wiht the cutters I allready have except for the added cost.
    might be time for a new coach, then.

if you found someone whose philosophy you agree with, but then they give you some asinine advice like that, I'd ditch them.

but, that's just me.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Thanks for the input guys, as for test I currently use sust at 750mgs per week. In the past I have used prop and suspension the last 2 month before contest. This time I am going to keep the sust and lower it to the same dosages I used with prop and suspension. Honestly I after seeing results over and over I say test is test. As long as my level is where I want it I dont care what kind. I do follow what my coach says but he pushes this anavar where I dont see much difference wiht the cutters I allready have except for the added cost................I just caught that tren at 150 a week! I ment to say tren at 75mg ED
    Ok so are you using 150mgs ED or 75mgs ED?

Huge differences here...

IFR
    Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post
    Ok so are you using 150mgs ED or 75mgs ED?

Huge differences here...
    75mgs a day, ya i caught that mistake. He is a fantastic coach and IFBB, his dieting and posing has helped me get as far as I have. I just disagree wiht the anavar part, proly wont tell him I am not going to use it, I dont want to hear him cry!

75mgs a day, ya i caught that mistake. He is a fantastic coach and IFBB, his dieting and posing has helped me get as far as I have. I just disagree wiht the anavar part, proly wont tell him I am not going to use it, I dont want to hear him cry!
    I wouldn't use it either..... doesn't make sense to me with masteron /winny/tren all in there......

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Screw the anavar . I have to ask you. Do you do the abombs all the way up to the show? No bloating? Obviously your coach has you using the drol at the end like that.

IFR
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    Screw the anavar. I have to ask you. Do you do the abombs all the way up to the show? No bloating? Obviously your coach has you using the drol at the end like that.
    Yes I do use the 50's at 100mg a day up to the show, I might quit them the last week this time. When restricting calories you can get away with it and not have them bloat you up. They work really well to adding small size and maintaining current size when dieting down. If I carbed up and ate a lot then the sides would get out of hand.

Andro9 is offline Member
    i think that is a piss poor pre-contest cycle. i dont even have time to get into this right now lol

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    The guy is 230 @5% bodyfat, he is obviously doing a thing or two correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro9 View Post
    i think that is a piss poor pre-contest cycle. i dont even have time to get into this right now lol
    My guess is you are saying this because of the eq duration and the anadrol at the end. Like someone else said, it's working for him.

IFR
    Please get into it, I would like the advice. Here is a few pics of me last year at a national show. Same type of cycle I listed just differnt timing and dosages. I know you will call BS saying thats not me and thats fine, I dont care I am just looking for options to my cycle. As you can see I would like to sharpen up a bit more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pre contest critique-_w5q1015_ybhgjihnnk.jpg   pre contest critique-_w5q1023_savjpsvqcx.jpg  

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    Damn bro you look awesome... Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right. Keep it up

anabolian is offline New Member
    What are you eating? I'm very curios what's your diet program.

dont throw that shite out there and not back it up.

Calebmuscle is offline New Member
    Who is at 5% bf at 12 weeks out? Come on...

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Are you 5% now? Why so low on the gh?

LivingToBeBig is offline Associate Member
    I dont compete, nor do i think i know alot about BB but from those pics you looks like you have run a lot of cycles already. And also if you are 12 weeks out from the show at 5% what are your aims for this cycle?????

All seems abit odd to me

IFR
    roughley 5% now by calipers, which at the rate I am going I loose 2.5lbs a fat a week. Lots of carido on the right diet. It allways takes me about 3 months to get to 3%, as for diet it is 90% of everything. I diet all year long and never get past 5% only becasue of photo shoots and other things my sponsors want so I gotta be prepaired. Diet really consist of these things, fish, veggies, oatmeal, yams, beef, chicken, peanut butter sometimes, ricecakes. The trick is to cycle your calories and carbs by having high days and low days. My low's are 5 days long and one high day for pre-contest. Offseason Same foods just more of it with a little rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebmuscle View Post
    Who is at 5% bf at 12 weeks out? Come on...
    this guy

IFR
    Quote Originally Posted by RA View Post
    Are you 5% now? Why so low on the gh?
    good question, my personal experence wiht GH has gone on for about 5 years now. I have done 10iu, 8iu, 6iu, 4iu, 2iu, for long cycles. GH is by far the worst product for the money I use, takes to long for results, cost to much, fat loss is ok, muscle building is minimal thats my experence and opinion! Now controling my carbs stores and running the right gear is way worth the money than GH. I use 2iu now because there was no difference from 12iu over the years. The pros and national level guys that I personaly know use about 1 to 2iu per day. Remember that is my experence, I am 32 and been competing scince 1998 and has taken that long to learn what my body likes

RA
    Well you know your body and how these compounds affect you obviously. The 5% 12 weeks out seems odd. Id throw in the var.

I have never taken growth but I plan on it in the future. I was going to take 4iu a day. I gues I'll cut it in half after viewing those pics.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    why don't you drop the winny and add in the anavar (should make your coach happy)? IMO, winny and var are pretty much the same compound but anavar should actually help your tendons and ligaments due to its' ability to aid in collagen synthesis. Var should work well with the EQ is this regard. I don't compete but this would be my advice.

As far as the pics you posted, lookin good man! If I could offer any advice, I would work on the cuts around your abs, a little more seperation and can see you doing very well in your comps.

IFR
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    As far as the pics you posted, lookin good man! If I could offer any advice, I would work on the cuts around your abs, a little more seperation and can see you doing very well in your comps.
    I was thinkingt he same, thanks for the imput

I just saw your pics IFR - looking good man. I also agree w/ M302...... your abs were my 1st thought. They're not bad by any means LOL..... but if you get them cut deeper..... you're going to do very well.

I've already posted my opinion..... but if you wouldn't mind updating us on your progress that would be great. I'd actually like to see a picture from now.... and then a week or whatever before your show if thats possible for you to do..... i know you must be busy so if you get a chance that would be great

thanks man
    ~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

RA
    So if your 230 now what is your contest weight going to be?

roughley 5% now by calipers, which at the rate I am going I loose 2.5lbs a fat a week. Lots of carido on the right diet. It allways takes me about 3 months to get to 3%, as for diet it is 90% of everything. I diet all year long and never get past 5% only becasue of photo shoots and other things my sponsors want so I gotta be prepaired. Diet really consist of these things, fish, veggies, oatmeal, yams, beef, chicken, peanut butter sometimes, ricecakes. The trick is to cycle your calories and carbs by having high days and low days. My low's are 5 days long and one high day for pre-contest. Offseason Same foods just more of it with a little rice.

RA
    I must have been asleep earlier...lol

IFR
    yes I will get some pictures soon as I am 11 weeks out monday. In my last photos I was 242lbs, I am now 230lbs on the dot and still dropping fat. I started my diet last month so I have mort time to shake the fat. As for my contest weight my coach and I are not worried about it. As long as I come in ripped and focus on conditioning rather than size this time. I quite possibily might be in the heavyweight instead of my usual super heavyweight. It has taken me a few years to realize that size dose not matter. To many big guys would rather give up being ripped than loose muscle size. I had 20 inch arms in those pictures and now have 19 with less fat. After loosing a few extra pounds of fat and ridding the water my last week which is good for 10lbs or so I might come in around 225 - 230.

RA
    So what weight were you in your last contest?

thebigo5659 is offline New Member
    IFR- im fairly new to these boards and will be competing for the first time in aug. i only have a yr of AAS exp so i can obviously not comment on your cycle. however, i can not PM cuzi havent reached the post minimum. NEWAYS im 21 and noticed that u were 21 when u first competed, how tall are you and wat kind of advice could u offer cuz lookin at your pics is a lil bit of motivation for the career id like to have! thanks for the time
    -BIG O

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information