lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Shoulder/Rotator Cuff injury and Deca?

I have had joint pain in the shoulder for the last few months. I injured it 6+ years ago skiing. I Feel hard enough to fracture the ball and mess up the rotator cuff and tendons but didnt tear it off luckily.

It's been good for the last few years except the last few months but it took a year to heal. I have not done anything I know of to re injure it and not lifting heavy, no were near a max.

I only bench about 225 max just to do it a few times and dont curl with more than 45s. BTW I'm 5' 8" 180 lbs, Body fat around 12, maybe less. The main reason for not lifting heavy is to avoid injury like this because I know my shoulder was not 100% and my back is only about 50% or less due to 3 herniated disk and 2 surgeries. I' also 46 yrs young.

I have used Naproxin a LOT over the last few months with no help. I got an MRI but it's inconclusive for a tear but probably. Next MRI is with dye to tell for sure. Definate scare tissue and arthritis.
    I got my first cortisone shot today. didn't really hurt but i don't feel any real relief yet. I know he got the right spot because I felt it. LOL Ill see about getting a 2nd in a couple weeks. I really dont want to go under the knife.

I have read quite a few times Deca may help due to lubricating the joints? I have not read any negative effects so far.
    I have ran 2 cycles but I'm also on HRT I just finished 2nd cycle of Test E and Winny

Any extra advice is welcome.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 05-12-2009 at 05:18 AM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    So your running cycles and pushing your body even though your injured ? Stupid if you ask me.

Get the MRI and take it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    So your running cycles and pushing your body even though your injured ? Stupid if you ask me.

No when it started hurting I was basically done with the cycle and also laid off. I did not lift at all but one time lightly in a two week period and It's been almost a total of 3 weeks since total except for the one time. Just this week I started VERY lightly.

I also laid off a little longer because I had nasal surgery 6 days ago I didnt want to lift right away but the doc says it's fine now.

I'm staying very light with the shoulder and the doc says that's fine as long as the pain is not BAD but i really want it GONE.

Laying off for 2 weeks+ helped but not enough.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I would tend to agree...but sometimes we want to continue making strides in our quest for muscle and fitness in general. Personally I hurt my shoulder last year and got cortisone shots and other shots to help with the pain...2 months ago my tendon finally snapped and tore...I had rotator surgery exactly one month ago...btw I also shot deca in my shoulder during the time as well...even injured I made really good gains and was lucky it held up as long as it did. It seems like a dumb move but I can relate to wanting to continue lifting even if injured...also my job as a trainer depended on me being in tip top shapeso that added to the decision to keep going hurt. In retrospect I probably would do it the same way again...the only solution is surgery, at least it was for me..and I postponed it as long as I could... so now its therapy 3x a week and in another month or so I should be able to do some light weights...it sucks..I haven't worked out in two months and lost 20 lbs of muscle..but fukk it... I'll be back..bigger, faster,stronger!! lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    No when it started hurting I was basically done with the cycle and also laid off. I did not lift at all but one time lightly in a two week period and It's been almost a total of 3 weeks since total except for the one time. Just this week I started VERY lightly.

I also laid off a little longer because I had nasal surgery 6 days ago I didnt want to lift right away but the doc says it's fine now.

I'm staying very light with the shoulder and the doc says that's fine as long as the pain is not BAD but i really want it GONE.

Laying off for 2 weeks+ helped but not enough.
    IMO 2 weeks for a RC injury is nothing. Some people are out for months ! I would do just like you Doc said, take it very VERY easy. Do RC exercises. A RC is nothing to mess with. You have two options:

Push yourself, get hurt and be out for a year.
    Take it easy, keep getting check ups and hopefully in a month your good.

IMO 2 weeks for a RC injury is nothing. Some people are out for months ! I would do just like you Doc said, take it very VERY easy. Do RC exercises. A RC is nothing to mess with. You have two options:

Push yourself, get hurt and be out for a year.
    Take it easy, keep getting check ups and hopefully in a month your good.
    I'm defiantly doing option 2, I was just wondering if the Deca would help? Even if I'm pain free due to the cortisone or Deca I will NOT push it, I know better, really.

I'm not looking for HUGE gains anyways, Im a true believer of the slow steady road to increase and I listen to my body that's why I'm seeing the doc now before it gets bad.
    I'm also taking MSN concentrate in powder form and Glucosimine with MSN hoping this will help eventually.

Any more suggestions on the Deca on if it will help lubricate/loosen things up?

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Bro I have no experience about DECA ! but anyways just take it easy for a while. hope everything is gonna be fine soon!

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I'm defiantly doing option 2, I was just wondering if the Deca would help? Even if I'm pain free due to the cortisone or Deca I will NOT push it, I know better, really.

I'm not looking for HUGE gains anyways, Im a true believer of the slow steady road to increase and I listen to my body that's why I'm seeing the doc now before it gets bad.
    I'm also taking MSN concentrate in powder form and Glucosimine with MSN hoping this will help eventually.

Any more suggestions on the Deca on if it will help lubricate/loosen things up?

Good read on tendons and AAS
    Deca Question, Big, Mammon, T-Mos

There you go bud.

Just something i found a while back. Good post that i quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post
    Good read on tendons and AAS
    Deca Question, Big, Mammon, T-Mos

There you go bud.

Just something i found a while back. Good post that i quoted.
    Good read, answered some questions and brought up others LOL

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    lol...

Thread Information