the_garr is offline New Member

Body fat % and first cycle....

I've been researching and looking into doing a cycle for years now but when I found out more and did the research found out I was way to fat to be looking at a cycle. Over the last few years I've been eating clean and dropped to 17% body fat, i seem to be staying at this lvl although i'm changing up my diet and workout again to bring it down more. Now to my question and stats

i'm 29 years old, 6'0 200Lbs and 17% bf

Is being at 17% BF to high, my cholestrol is fine so thats not a concern, whats your guys thoughts?? I really wanted to do this cycle this summer while I have the ability to dedicate myself to the gym as much as needed for 10 weeks. Other wise i'm going to have to wait another year.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i personally dont have a prob with 17% and doin cycles but you gonna here 15% is better startign point, i mean to me whats another 4lbs of fat gonna do

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    We usually say not to cycle when over 15 %, so you are NOT far off. maybe up the cardio a bit or have the diet guru's take a look at your current diet and tweek it a bit for you

as long as you know your body and know the risks to watch out for. Honestly, I am BULKING, so I allow my bodyfat to go up to handle the heavy weights. I started my cycle at about 18% but am at the cutting phase of it so that is already coming down and I know what to expect and look for with how my body reacts to steroids

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Wait, 10 weeks is not nearly enough to make it worth while to cycle. If you can't keep constant with a program then why shut yourself down and go into PCT mode after the 10 weeks is up only to have it taken from you.

A waste of a cycle and may do you more harm than good.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Go to the diet section, post your diet and have the guru's help you out

If any of you other guys disagrees of my statement in him waiting please speak up. I don't mind and don't get all bent out shape if you feel otherwise. I mean I might cry a little but I might just make it through.

To the OP what will change so much after the 10 weeks and will you not be able to carry on a training program after this time period is up?

the_garr is offline New Member
    As per the ten week comment its not like i'm going to quit working out after ten weeks :P I'm just hiring a personal trainer to kick the shit outta me for ten weeks, i've done it before and she really helps me push my self. After that i will be going to the gym normally again 6 days a week 3 days workout all days cardio only 1/2 hour cardio though at that point. i have a game plan and from my research its a good one, just the bf thing I didn't know about.

-Thanks for all the input-
    Last edited by the_garr; 06-05-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Yes the body fat thing is primarily diet and cardio related. No help from your trainer about nutrition?

Head on down to the diet forum if you really wanna make fast progress. Diet can be a drug too!!!

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    I got one thing to say man. I have cycled with above 20% bf and i was fine. Health wise was not an issue... BUT i was severely disappointed in the results of my cycle... i should have waited... but i was antsy to get started and well this past cycle wasnt my first. LONG STORY SHORT !! I am on TRT ... did a cycle. Made awesome gains but it wouldnt even be close to what I would have accomplished had i been at 15% or lower on BF. So now i have told myself i am only doing my TRT until I get my body fat down to where it should be to cycle. And bro... i would advise you to do the same so u dont waste ur money and time... ya know?

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Yes the body fat thing is primarily diet and cardio related. No help from your trainer about nutrition?

Head on down to the diet forum if you really wanna make fast progress. Diet can be a drug too!!!

I thought anyone over 13% BF is a Fatty?? LMAO.......

^^^ I never said that. you guys gotta read the thread trip machine started on DNP lol

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    ^^^ I never said that. you guys gotta read the thread trip machine started on DNP lol
    I know, I know, Im just messin with you. I know the whole story. Also read the whole thing in the AR lounge with you defending yourself......

Thread Information