Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    splash7285 is offline New Member

Deca Expired Dec 2006.... still use it?

I've stumbled across an old bottle of mine and it's deca 200 from a true american pharmacy. The expiration date on the bottle is december of 2006.

I've read various opinions on using old gear and I"m just wondering If It would be safe to use. I've read some things saying as long as it has been stored properly there would be no danger, only a possibility of lower potency.

Opinions?

J431S is offline Banned
    I wouldn't use it unless I'm completely broke. LOL

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    It's your body man. Personally I would not do it.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    is it opened? if not then it could have just lots some potency from what I understand. if it is sterile then it is ok. maybe heat it up?

stillandbox is offline Junior Member
    I went to paramedic school with a guy who was a pharm. developer at Abbott. He said that you can add on 2 years to most expiration dates...not sure about Deca and you're past two years....

If it's from a legit company, give them a call and ask them.

I know that all the emergency drugs carried on ambulances here in illinois lose potency after their exp. date, but they won't do any harm to anyone.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    as long as it was sealed, hit it, i have taken Deca way beyond its expiry age before and worked well.

Apart from what most people think, it does not in fact lose potency. As long as your vial has never been opened, you are good to go. I have some older gear myself and have used them and it works just as great.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    expiration means that the (if its sealed and you baked it made it sterial or what the **** have you) the actual amount of the active compound has degenerated... so if its labled 200mg/ml expect it to work as well as a 150mg/ml compound

If its kept in ideal conditions (no son light/cool dry place blah blah blah) I agree with what was said here before that it will be as potent after the expiration for a year or two...

jonmichaels88 is offline New Member
    yeah it still seems a little sketchy to me

splash7285 is offline New Member
    I know It has all been stored in optimum conditions... Still hoping to get a doctor or something to post a reply.

One vial I know I used a CC or so out of in 2006. would the possibility of air getting inside that vial change its composition?? What i've read mainly is that worst case scenario if the "acidity" of injectable medicines has changed above or below a certain level it can hurt like hell and cause "tissue damage"

Possible?

LickAlotOfPuss is offline Junior Member
    look at it this way my friend...

I doubt it's gone "bad", but it will probably have reduced potency. If it was stored in a consistently cool, dry place, it "might" be okay. Personally, I would just replace it, since there are good and inexpensive sources available today with reliable, quality gear. Why waste time in your cycle trying to figure out if your gear is still potent or not, maybe not getting results? Some things are not worth being cheap about.

Thread Information