Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Question Can I use hot glue to reseal a vial?

You need the before story first.

This brew is 2 weeks old and I knew from day 1 but its just started bothering me a little so I decided to ask.

When I was brewing my prop, I stuck an 18 gauge needle in one of the rubber tops. HOWEVER, rather then sliding and pushing apart the rubber (the 23g seems to auto reseal the vial when you pull them out is this true?) but I guess cause the needles are so sharp it ate out a complete circle the size of and 18g pin.

In my other 50ml vial this didnt happen.

But everytime I shoot I freak out thinking about possible dust that may have actually settled inside the hole and when I put a fresh pin in I feel like I may be putting dust in my ass lol

Since hot glue guns get REALLY fvckn hot (burned myself with one when I was younger) I can just do a thin sliver over the vial no? So maybe that will reseal with the 23g when I use them?

I feel like the hole is big enough to warrant this thread lol it is almost the size of a toothpick it looks.

Thanks - Bo

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    if it's just one hole in the stopper, get a plastic toothpic, break off the tip, wipe it with an alcohol swab and stick it into the hole like a cork, then just draw from a different area of the stopper.

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    I wouldn't do that, there is NO sterility there. and any breakdown of the hot glue, or fumes getting in your gear would freak me.

if you are that worried, I would just transfer contents to a new sterile vial

I use 18 g all the time, and I try to hit the same hole each time so to not chew up the stopper.....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    I wouldn't do that, there is NO sterility there. and any breakdown of the hot glue, or fumes getting in your gear would freak me.

if you are that worried, I would just transfer contents to a new sterile vial

I use 18 g all the time, and I try to hit the same hole each time so to not chew up the stopper.....so far so good
    Hmm, whaddu think about BIGs idea?

Hah thanks BIG that is an answer that could have only come from wisdom and experience!
    Never even thought of it, thank you kind sir!!

Not to make it look like I dont trust you BIG, I do, I just always prefer to get more then one opinion if possible.
    edit: lol, I already did it worked perfect!

Thanks again BIG, t-mos, 4get u bitch. =]

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    T's idea was my first thought, but I figured if you had a spare vial you would have already gone that route. I saw McGuyver do the toothpic trick with a vial of tren in episode 122, McGuyver gets Pumped. It was one of my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    T's idea was my first thought, but I figured if you had a spare vial you would have already gone that route. I saw McGuyver do the toothpic trick with a vial of tren in episode 122, McGuyver gets Pumped. It was one of my favs.
    haha thats hilarious, friggn McGuyver, funnier that you remember the exact episode too.

And yeh I got just enough vials for a flawless brew, I guess I either believe in myself that much or I'm a cheap bastard. Either way thanks!

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    I think Big's idea is fine as well. Only thing may be making sure it seals around the toothpick.

either way you should be fine...........BIOTCH.... :-)

Yes Bitch. I will be fine, cause BIG gave better advice then you and I chose to take his.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Could also have just sealed the vial in a ziploc bag that was clean and sterilized with alcohol. hat would also work

Thread Information