Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BUMPY is offline New Member

Seizure phone call?????

Does the post office really make contact by phone? I got a call the guy said his name and that he was with the p.o, I forgot his title. He said my name and addy and asked if this was me, i said yes and he asked if i was expecting a package from so and so, i said no and he said this is you and your addy and asked that i haven't ordered anything or am expecting anything in the mail.I told him no and he asked for permission to open it and i said yes, then he said his other questions would be moot and that was it. WTF should i expect from all this, will that be the end of it and how the f did he get my cell #? Any info will help guys cause i'm tripping and nervous as shit.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    friends pranking you?

CaliPhotog is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. Weird that he had your cell number... wtf? Is your cell number listed? If it is they may have just looked up your name in the listing and that was the number they got. If you told him you where not expecting anything I don't know what else they would do? If they really wanted to investigate I guess they could check your credit cards for the order, if you ordered it off a card. Did you, or was it a Western Union deal? How much gear did you order? If it was not a HUGE amount I doubt they would waste any more time. They will just confiscate the package and that is that.

Ripped Mass is offline Associate Member
    Damn thats the second person on here in the last few days saying the post office is calling them on the phone! Crap I don't like the sound of that, ol postmaster general must be cracking down, scary stuff.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    it definatly can be a postal inspector. i have seen it happen before. a box of hgh was on its was and the postal inspector called to see if he was expecting anything and once delined the postal inspector stopped by his house the next morning with the box and a few other guys. just stick to your guns and you'll be fine if it comes down to that. never admit it is yours and nothing can be done on there end
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    Hope for the best, expect the worst, and cover your ass.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    yeh do not admit to anything! they have no proof you ordered anything as it stands. someone else could have used your name and addy for all they know. Until you point blank tell them yup it was you they are S.O.L.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    MORON MORON MORON. thats the ****ing customs broker asking you whats in the pack and the value so they can send it through. YOU JUST TOLD HIM TO OPEN THE PACK WHEN HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO OTHERWISE.

i know this because ive got the call several times by the way. man that was the worst move ever.

alex18 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    i know this because ive got the call several times by the way. man that was the worst move ever.
    DOH

The One is offline Associate Member
    MORON MORON MORON. thats the ****ing customs broker asking you whats in the pack and the value so they can send it through. YOU JUST TOLD HIM TO OPEN THE PACK WHEN HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN ALLOWED TO OTHERWISE.
    you're in Canada. here in the states I have never heard of customs/ post office personel calling and asking permission to open a package.

Customs can open any package that they suspect has something illegal in it repack the contents and sent it on it's way(with a custom search stamp on it)

I had packages seized in the past the first time it was juice and the other was test kits both time I received a letter stating that the items had been seized but never a call. The juice they just stated package had been seized by customs and the test kit stated that the fda had seized it and I had to prove I was qualified to have the kits
    Last edited by The One; 08-11-2009 at 01:10 PM.

The One is offline Associate Member
    Dude, how in the world they got your phone number? did you even verify that the call came from a working business number?

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    you're in Canada. here in the states I have never heard of customs/ post office personel calling and asking permission to open a package.
    ok you condescending ass, customs canada is much more tightly regulated than the U.S. thats that. no one whos 'in the know' will debate that.

regarding the phone call: thats because its not customs calling, its the customs broker calling. the broker has no authority to open the package, and the only reason he asked was to i.d. and value the goods for the customs declaration.

you arent even arguing against me: i agree, customs wouldnt call to ask what is in the package...
    Last edited by JiGGaMaN; 08-11-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Dude, how in the world they got your phone number? did you even verify that the call came from a working business number?
    same way they got my phone #. i never provided. all they need is the postal code and address and they can do a phone # look-up no problem. again- the reason they do this is because someone didnt declare the value or contents of the package.

Jiggaman- the package was from a domestic source, 2 states away! It didn't go thru customs, i don't know how they even stopped it.

Quote Originally Posted by BUMPY View Post
    Jiggaman- the package was from a domestic source, 2 states away! It didn't go thru customs, i don't know how they even stopped it.
    your source isnt being up front about where your gear is coming from then.

it was a small 2 bottle order. But they knew my info and the name of the sender. will they go any farther with this on my end?

it's always been postmarked from in the states.

PT
    im telling you the same thing happened to my friend. it was domestic as well. you never should of given them permission to open it because by doing so you admitted the package was yours
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion

PT
    if the same thing that happened to my friend happens to you then the next step will be postal inspectors and a cop at your doorstep. if this was domestic then they can only open it with your consent or a warrent and obviously you gave consent

wizard1997 is offline Associate Member
    Live and learn.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    jigga.... when they call you..... what do you tell them you are expecting? I'm just curious incase i ever receive this phone call.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

roserose is offline Associate Member
    Does your source have your cell number?

PT
    pm me your source please

how long after the call did they show up? now i'm really freakin out.

PT
    they called one afternoon and showed up the following evening. i doubt they will do this in your case for 2 bottles but you never know. in his case they wanted him to admit the pack was his and open it for them so they could avoid the warrent process and have an easy in and out case

PT did u get my pm? Heard of them or shady stuff going on with them recently?

DOM6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    they called one afternoon and showed up the following evening. i doubt they will do this in your case for 2 bottles but you never know. in his case they wanted him to admit the pack was his and open it for them so they could avoid the warrent process and have an easy in and out case
    so PT what was the result in everything

DOM6 is offline Member
    bumpy PM Me too

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

DOM6 is offline Member
    i think your domestic is being watched

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is some scary shiznit for sure. Keep us posted with any updates.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    They just opened my package without asking and then sent it anyway. i am not sure why someone would call when they dont have to have permission. They just look and seize it.

Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    They just opened my package without asking and then sent it anyway. i am not sure why someone would call when they dont have to have permission. They just look and seize it.
    i think there is a lot of misunderstanding: a customs broker and a customs inspector are two different people. one works for the govt and other works for courier company.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    jigga.... when they call you..... what do you tell them you are expecting? I'm just curious incase i ever receive this phone call.

~Haz~
    nutritional supplement. creatine, usually.

PT
    bumpy, dont send pm's with your source to anyone else please.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    nutritional supplement. creatine, usually.
    That's not a bad idea, order some supplements at the same time and keep the receipt (not from the same company) so if you are confronted with it you just say NO that's not my order, this is what I ordered and was expecting. Show them your purchase order.

O.k PT, i won't and thanx for ur help. Hopefully my next post will be that nothing came of it. be carefull bro's and thnx for all the input.

roserose is offline Associate Member
    Whats Happened? Anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information