Sooner54 is offline Junior Member

Well I'm into pct and disapointed!

I started my Test cycle weighing in at 224. I ate well good lean diet was up to 240lbs. My cycle was 1-12 wks Test Cyp
    8-15 100 mg every day of Anavar
    jumped right on pct 100 mg Clomid and 20mg Nvadx

Well im on week 16 my first of pct and I'm back down to 224lbs. I did gain strength on the Test but I cant believe I lost all that weight. I do fluctuate quite a bit. I also look alot better than I did before I started cycle. So I'm a newbie it was my first cycle. I did quite a bit of Cardio while on probably 30 min a day. Is this normal on the weight?

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Why would you do 30 minutes of cardio daily on a bulk? You don't need to do any cardio. Once a week would have been fine. The point is to bulk and eat an excess of calories, not burn them. Doing all that cardio every day is catabolic

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    You lost too much. Personally you should have been able to keep up your weight if you had a good diet in place!

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner54 View Post
    I started my Test cycle weighing in at 224. I ate well good lean diet was up to 240lbs. My cycle was 1-12 wks Test Cyp

Well im on week 16 my first of pct and I'm back down to 224lbs. I did gain strength on the Test but I cant believe I lost all that weight. I do fluctuate quite a bit. I also look alot better than I did before I started cycle. So I'm a newbie it was my first cycle. I did quite a bit of Cardio while on probably 30 min a day. Is this normal on the weight?
    Diet wasn't on point.

Also - how's your BF before and after? Did you measure body parts to see size increases?
    Last edited by Juturna; 08-28-2009 at 02:44 PM.

ROIDSR4ME is offline Junior Member
    Ok guys don’t flame the guy about his cardio because it looks like he was on a cutter not a bulker, Var is mostly used for cutting anyways. To the OP, what was your before cycle bf% & what was your after %? I have done test and var before and maintained the same weight but cut ALOT of bf in the process of maintaining my mass.

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    weight most of the times isnt the most important thing, if you lost a good ammount of BF, that means you gain muscles... and that's what we all want right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROIDSR4ME View Post
    Ok guys don’t flame the guy about his cardio because it looks like he was on a cutter not a bulker, Var is mostly used for cutting anyways. To the OP, what was your before cycle bf% & what was your after %? I have done test and var before and maintained the same weight but cut ALOT of bf in the process of maintaining my mass.

Then why is he complaining that he lost his weight gain? Durrr.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    exactyl J..

and where was the flamming?
    the truth hurts..

ROIDSR4ME is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
    Then why is he complaining that he lost his weight gain? Durrr.
    Maybe it was water weight, that why I asked him what his before & after bf% was. I always do cardio on a cutter so no since blaming the cardio for the reason why he lost all of his weight especially since he did not state whether or not it was a bulker of cutter......

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This sounds like a diet issue to me..... I have done cardio 5 times a week while bulking without seeing this problem.

Blog Entries
    I'm just saying - nobody flamed him... We asked about cardio because it seemed an oxymoron - either wrong cycle or wrong routine.

As I stated ;

Did you measure body parts to see size increases?
    So again OP - Did you see a change in BF% or muscle sizes?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    This sounds like a diet issue to me..... I have done cardio 5 times a week while bulking without seeing this problem.
    Agree - it very well could be... Waiting on OP's reply.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    Why would you do 30 minutes of cardio daily on a bulk? You don't need to do any cardio. Once a week would have been fine. The point is to bulk and eat an excess of calories, not burn them. Doing all that cardio every day is catabolic
    No it isn't.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    This is why you do not just hop on steroids .. you need to know what you are doing.. Bulking or cutting.. Sounds to me like you wanted to bulk but did not eat enough and did cardio so you ended up cutting. you probably put on 10# of muscle ut from not eating enough and doing cardio, you lost some BF. This is the problem when you do not plan everything out. When you got on you needed to know what you were doing and if it was a bulker, you should have put a lot more than 16#.. I think you are Ok. just next time remember what I say and plan ahead

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    there's no way to know if his cycle was successful w/o knowing b4 n after bf%. Hell, if he gained 15# lean and lost 15# fat, thats good....and I'm with Narc, 30 min cardio isn't that catabolic, but it isn't going to cut you up, either....

Blog Entries

What was your starting bodyfat percentage?

What was your ending bodyfat percetage?

How did your diet/activity change when you came off the gear... if at all?

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Nobody disputed that Markin - we're waiting on the OP to reply with results in regards to BF AND size.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    No it isn't.
    it can be. it all depends on the length and the intensity of the cardio sessions. 7 days of low intensity isnt catabolic, but 7 days of moderate/intense cardio with certainly have a negative impact on bulking

Blog Entries
    it can be. it all depends on the length and the intensity of the cardio sessions. 7 days of low intensity isnt catabolic, but 7 days of moderate/intense cardio with certainly have a negative impact on bulking
    Negative effect on bulking does not make it "catabolic" do you know what catabolic means?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    Negative effect on bulking does not make it "catabolic" do you know what catabolic means?
    Shh give him time to Google it.

I thought Catabolic meant you stop gaining muscle if you eat chicken and rice? Then the News told me coffee, chocolate and sugar are good for my heart.

come on man I may be new to AAS but I sure as hell am not new to the bodybuilding lifestyle. I guarantee you I know more than most people here when it comes to training and nutrition.

I may have mixed what the word means with the topic at hand, but I stand by what I said

I thought Catabolic meant you stop gaining muscle if you eat chicken and rice? Then the News told me coffee, chocolate and sugar are good for my heart.
    you really feel the need to be an ass?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Come on guy's lets not let this thread slip into name calling, when its making for a good debate...

Blog Entries
    trust me bro you might know a lot but you are not showing it with that type of talk...
    You are really going to sit there and say that with certain types of cardio , I am going to stop making muscle?... and possibly lose muscle?
    I mean I do agree that doing cardio (or anything that will cause you to use up calories) can have a negative effect on "bulking" but no so much on muscle building! as long as your body has enough nutrients it can still gain muscle and LBM. You might have a hard time adding 25# to your frame in say 2-3 months but this in no way makes cardio catabolic and in fact have you looked at some marathon runners / triathletes swimmers?/ these people do 4-6 hours of cardio a day sometimes (they call it training for their sport) and some of them are pretty damn "Jacked" My brother is one for example... he is a triathlete, he is 8% BF and looks pretty darn good.

Bullnutz is offline Associate Member

Friday nights rock here!

trust me bro you might know a lot but you are not showing it with that type of talk...
    You are really going to sit there and say that with certain types of cardio , I am going to stop making muscle?... and possibly lose muscle?
    I mean I do agree that doing cardio (or anything that will cause you to use up calories) can have a negative effect on "bulking" but no so much on muscle building! as long as your body has enough nutrients it can still gain muscle and LBM. You might have a hard time adding 25# to your frame in say 2-3 months but this in no way makes cardio catabolic and in fact have you looked at some marathon runners / triathletes swimmers?/ these people do 4-6 hours of cardio a day sometimes (they call it training for their sport) and some of them are pretty damn "Jacked" My brother is one for example... he is a triathlete, he is 8% BF and looks pretty darn good.
    it really depends on the individual. and most marathon runners dont look big and jacked at all. they are really thin. anyways dont mind me, ive been in a lousy mood lately because my gf broke up with me last night

Blog Entries
    Now you're backpeddling.

Nowhere in his post did the OP state what kind of cardio he did.

All he said was that he did 30 minutes per day.

You came in here spouting blanket statements which are plain wrong... any way you look at it. Plain parroting.

You guys need to realize the difference between 'bulking' and getting fat.

Now... let's get the thread back on track.

Bump for the OP.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Bingo was his name-o.

Good post.

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Now you're backpeddling.

Nowhere in his post did the OP state what kind of cardio he did.

All he said was that he did 30 minutes per day.

You came in here spouting blanket statements which are plain wrong... any way you look at it. Plain parroting.

You guys need to realize the difference between 'bulking' and getting fat.

Now... let's get the thread back on track.

Bump for the OP.
    i dont see how i backpedalled. all i said was too much cardio can be catabolic. i didnt mean to hijack the thread with this debate.

Blog Entries
    Shh Alpha, it's over - don't worry about it. Nark knows his stuff and he's trying to help you understand.

OP disappeared but it's open board if he returns to have his questions answered.

Sooner54 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ROIDSR4ME View Post
    Yes it pretty much was a cutter. My Bf was around 15 percent and now I need to get it checked again but I'm much leaner. I was doing low intense cardio 5 times a week on avg. I just didnt think I would lose 15 pounds plus of water weight when I got off. Thats why I'm asking if its normal to return to the original weight. I never took the Test to bulk but thought hey if it happens it happens. My bench went from 320 max to 380 and I can still lift 380 at least for now lol.

Bottom line is I look much better after cycle. I ate 4 eggs on the wakeup 1 full 3 just whites. Then I would work out and have 30 to 40 gram shake. An hour later usually alot of lean chicken some broccoli etc. Maybe eat rice with it 3 times a week. 3 hours later a can of tuna and maybe handful of peanuts here and there. So no I didnt eat to bulk just surprised I could loose so much water weight so fast.

.EA. is offline Associate Member
    Yes it pretty much was a cutter. My Bf was around 15 percent and now I need to get it checked again but I'm much leaner. I was doing low intense cardio 5 times a week on avg. I just didnt think I would lose 15 pounds plus of water weight when I got off. Thats why I'm asking if its normal to return to the original weight. I never took the Test to bulk but thought hey if it happens it happens. My bench went from 320 max to 380 and I can still lift 380 at least for now lol.

Bottom line is I look much better after cycle. I ate 4 eggs on the wakeup 1 full 3 just whites. Then I would work out and have 30 to 40 gram shake. An hour later usually alot of lean chicken some broccoli etc. Maybe eat rice with it 3 times a week. 3 hours later a can of tuna and maybe handful of peanuts here and there. So no I didnt eat to bulk just surprised I could loose so much water weight so fast.
    Well now you know. I lose water weight pretty damn fast. As I stated before, the body holds onto whatever isn't provided on a regular basis. I drink over 2 liters of water a day, so my body doesn't have to hold excess water 'thinking' water is "hard to come by".

That's why when people looking to lose weight clean up their diet of sugars and sodium, they get surprised when they start losing weight (including water weight) the more they drink water. It's not uncommon.

Too Little Muscles is offline New Member
    100 mg. of Anavar everyday is toxic to your liver. There is an article in the July, 2009 issue of Muscular Development mag. It was written by an MD who obviously had a lot of knowledge of anabolic steroids . The entire article was about oxandrolone. He stated that research shows that any dosage of oxandrolone over 40 mg. a day will produce some serious liver damage. There are too many posts on this site and others recommending high dosages of these powerful drugs. You don't need to use high dosages. I gained 8 lbs. on a 10 week cycle of 10mg. a day of oxandrolone and 200 mg. a week of Deca .(That's all I had for a 10 week cycle.) I never lost 1 lb. back and never had to use PCT at those dosages.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    100 mg. of Anavar everyday is toxic to your liver. There is an article in the July, 2009 issue of Muscular Development mag. It was written by an MD who obviously had a lot of knowledge of anabolic steroids. The entire article was about oxandrolone. He stated that research shows that any dosage of oxandrolone over 40 mg. a day will produce some serious liver damage. There are too many posts on this site and others recommending high dosages of these powerful drugs. You don't need to use high dosages. I gained 8 lbs. on a 10 week cycle of 10mg. a day of oxandrolone and 200 mg. a week of Deca.(That's all I had for a 10 week cycle.) I never lost 1 lb. back and never had to use PCT at those dosages.
    You are a blind fool I would like to highlight some parts of what you said.....

You trust the article you read? you know you took a low womens dose of anavar dont you? Many people have run anavar at 100mg daily and had no problems it is a very mild steroids so i dont know why you called it a powerful drug because in the world of steroids it isnt very strong. Secondly you advocate not doing pct after a deca and anavar cycle. You know nothing....even just doing that cycle shows how dumb you are.

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    ohhh ohhhh I can get in the pissing match... j/k

Every one ignored the fact that he has been off for one week (lets examine that a little more)

So our newby here was taking 100mg for a number of weeks prior to getting off, right?

So 7 days after his last dosage his system isnt all that clean for days... Lets look at var most say it has a half of 12-18 hours (give or take based on digestion and a few factors but lets not get that tech) so after a few weeks of 100mg ED he has built up about 300mg in his blood stream ED.

Point being it aint the drugs after just 7 days

The PCT hasnt even started working yet.

Its either the current diet/lifting/sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by Too Little Muscles View Post
    100 mg. of Anavar everyday is toxic to your liver. There is an article in the July, 2009 issue of Muscular Development mag. It was written by an MD who obviously had a lot of knowledge of anabolic steroids. The entire article was about oxandrolone. He stated that research shows that any dosage of oxandrolone over 40 mg. a day will produce some serious liver damage. There are too many posts on this site and others recommending high dosages of these powerful drugs. You don't need to use high dosages. I gained 8 lbs. on a 10 week cycle of 10mg. a day of oxandrolone and 200 mg. a week of Deca.(That's all I had for a 10 week cycle.) I never lost 1 lb. back and never had to use PCT at those dosages.
    Do you mind posting a link...

Oxandrolone has been shown to improve liver function. The chemical struc has an extra binding atom that is released.

Look it up on publicmed if you cant find it PM me I will dig it up... Bot trying to hijack the thread by getting of on liver function and var, but it does not have a neg effect as aas on function... 1971 there was a study on it that improved impared function

What was your starting bodyfat percentage?

What was your ending bodyfat percetage?

How did your diet/activity change when you came off the gear... if at all?
    And, that is the nail on the head.

Most dont realize that if you started out at 15% and now are at 11% that diff in the OP's case is about 10 pounds of muscle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    Do you mind posting a link...

Oxandrolone has been shown to improve liver function. The chemical struc has an extra binding atom that is released.

Look it up on publicmed if you cant find it PM me I will dig it up... Bot trying to hijack the thread by getting of on liver function and var, but it does not have a neg effect as aas on function... 1971 there was a study on it that improved impared function
    Post it... That's good info.

I wouldn't call it a thread hijack... I'd call it education

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    shakes head at thread*

Post it... That's good info.

I wouldn't call it a thread hijack... I'd call it education
    http://forums.steroid.com/archive/in...p/t-53481.html

<<< A basis for safe use but does not measure improvement

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

<<< the third study down the page but the site is down.

let see the pubmed one hold onnnnnnn....

Cant find the exact one but I got a cool one I'll post it in a thread...

Thread Information