SilverTest is offline Senior Member

upregulation and downregulation

hey guys,

ok it is know that androgen and estrogen receptors UPREGULATE in the presence of increasing hormone levels and longer stimulation.

and they DOWNREGULATE when low hormone levels are present.

Am i right or wrong ?

thanks

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    There is an increase in expression of the AR during times of increased hormones, yes. To my knowledge anyway.

The AR also seems to upregulate during times of calorie restriction too.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    There is an increase in expression of the AR during times of increased hormones, yes. To my knowledge anyway.

The AR also seems to upregulate during times of calorie restriction too.
    what about the estrogen receptor ?

bump

Roidbeginner is offline Junior Member
    There is down-regulation of androgen receptors during prolonged exposure to stimuli like steroids , which explain why the steroids dun work as well compare to past cycles, estrogen receptor work the same way but in different pathway. will read the details in biochem book and repost when I done.

The key question si how to up-reulate or nomralize our androgen receptors after multiple cycles

Quote Originally Posted by Roidbeginner View Post
    There is down-regulation of androgen receptors during prolonged exposure to stimuli like steroids , which explain why the steroids dun work as well compare to past cycles, estrogen receptor work the same way but in different pathway. will read the details in biochem book and repost when I done.

The key question si how to up-reulate or nomralize our androgen receptors after multiple cycles
    uhh ... not really , actually androgen receptors UPREGULATE as far as i know with exposure to higher androgen levels for a long time , i personally think that is the reason why a lot of people dont begin to feel the effects of a test cycle until the 4th-6th week or more etc..

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTest View Post
    uhh ... not really , actually androgen receptors UPREGULATE as far as i know with exposure to higher androgen levels for a long time , i personally think that is the reason why a lot of people dont begin to feel the effects of a test cycle until the 4th-6th week or more etc..
    I wouldnt say that is true about people dont start seeing the effects of a cycle until wk 4 or 5, i think thats more to do with what they are using and not the upregulation of receptors.

Upregulation/down regulation is a wide topic and if you study the studies there are very conflicting ones around, ive got some very good studies on the upregulation of the AR if your interested and ive also got a response of a well known AAS writer on his opinion on the subject, its a vast topic and alot of the studies are very hard to disgest.

Thread Information