amoureux is offline Associate Member

help!! broken ankle and 6th week

hey guys i hope this is an ok place to post this thread

i have been reading on the site for a few months now

and enjoying the things ive read and finally i am posting

well i just finished working out chest and tris starting on my 6th week of test cypionate and i was very very happy
    i was getting into the gains and the results were starting to show
    and fate laid its hands on me and i broke my ankle in a game of basketball

the classic going for a reboun and coming down on anothers mans foot and it turned and popped

well now im on crutches this morning and i wanted to know what you guys all would know or suggest frome experience

since im on my 6 week and planned on running 12

should i go ahead and keep going because thats what i want to do and just work chest and arms shoulders tris basically anything i can not standing

or should i just go ahead and avoid eating 3000 or more calories and 200 plus grams of protein daily and not do anything and start a pct

i dont think the latter would help much but i just dont want to get super fat because all leg and cardio is out now
    and i was religious about my working out and cardio after every workout

well guys any help would be deeply appreciated because you all have to know as well about having trouble finding info and how hard it can be to get any advice without something like this site

thanks

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Id finish if it were me . IWould still be in the gym working everything I could.

Hell you can still do leg extensions.

If your not that dedicated stop the cycle and do your PCT

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    Id finish if it were me . IWould still be in the gym working everything I could.

Hell you can still do leg extensions.

If your not that dedicated stop the cycle and do your PCT
    I think thats good advice^^ 6 wks in is a good amount of time and you still could work out hard, if your concerned about fat gain just re-adjust your calories to suit your activity.

I would be leaning towards staying on if the motivation is still there..

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with both of u guys, however CHAP, how the hell do u do leg extensions with a broken ankle?

thanks guys i really appreciate it

i just wanted to make myself sure about it i just wanted to see if i sounded like a good idea

bc believe me this missing the gym would be the worst thing that could happen to me

im just going to hobble around and do what i can

i was just curious about if it would still be really benificial without being able to do squats and standing barbell and dumbell curls and stuff

im just going to do whatever i can from a sitting posistion and bench and stuff

and i was also curious about my diet change if you guys have any suggestions im all ears

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    I agree with both of u guys, however CHAP, how the hell do u do leg extensions with a broken ankle?
    Slide the part up that goes near your anckle and put it on your shin.

Or just dont use that leg.

ALWAYS STAY HUNGERY

one more question guys if you have the time to answer

this kind of changes my routine up so im going to miss a few of my normal stand up exercises so

what do think would be best

should i just keep doing splits

mon chest and tris

wed back and biceps

fri normally would be legs and shoulders but now will just be shoulders and what i can do on legs

or should i just combine everything and do it mon wed and fri

or even maybe just mon and fri

im going to the gym today and mon i did chest and tris before the injury and i was just going to see what you all thought

thanks

sportfan33 is offline Associate Member
    Dude finish ur cycle, and eat and sleep. if anything u will prolly put on more weight now, just make sure its clean weight, not fat!!!! As far as training goes do what makes u feel like ur geting the most out of it. If that means training 3 times a week, then do it, but i would train more than that. I would hit a muscle group everyday and work the crap out of it

sounds like a good idea i wish i could work a muscle group everyday but now since i have this situation im going to be lucky to get to the gym 3 times a week bc my girlfriend is going to have to bring me all the weights and rack everything and shes the one taking me and she has work and stuff i guess this is just a minor setback i go to the dr next wed to findout more about the time i will be down
    thanks for all the replies

keep your routine the same. you will just have to adjust the weight so that your not putting pressure on that ancle

good luck.

thanks guys!!

Thread Information