Like Tree53Likes

Thread: You'll want to read this!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    daniel20 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Originally Posted by daniel20
    Also Ronnie, what do you recommend for cardio? HIIT etc?? I was thinking of adding in HIIT on an exercise bike 3 times a week post workout (not leg day!) for about 20 mins (5 min warmup,1min rest, 1 min high intensity for 20mins). I am already around 500 cals under maintenance but seemed to have stalled with regards to fat loss. I think I am at about 9-10%? What do you think from the avi? Your avitar looks great. Abs are awesome! I would not do HIIT cardio unless you are training for sports and taking in adequate amoutns of carbs which you are not.. Stick to moderate intensity for longer periods if need be to prevent burning muscle mass and over-training. By the looks of your abs you don't need to lose any more body fat but if you want to go a bit further do more cardio and reduce carbs to 100 per day 6 times per week or go into ketosis. Then you are ready to step on stage but this is not maintainable for the long haul because you will get burned out..
    Diet is around 280g protein, 170g carbs, 50g fat then I refeed every saturday with about 350g carbs, 200g protein, 60g fats. Anything you can see wrong?Looks good! If you start getting too depleted throw in an additonal 50 carbs on wednesdays!Thanks!
    above
    Okay thanks ronnie.

I've started adding in cardio for 30mins post workout 3x week on treadmill on 7-8% incline at 4-5mph walk. Burns just under 400 cals. Should I be upping this to 45-60 mins?

Now with the 100g of carbs a day, am I right to assume to take my carbs only breakfast, pre and post workout? Rest of carb sources will be fibrous vegetables. Do I still keep protein high at around 250-280g with fat at about 50-60g? This would be low in calories thats all.

May throw in 50g of carbs on wednesday but might not be needed as its a rest day. But saturday will be re-feed correct? Just up the carbs by 200-300g?

Thanks again.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel20 View Post
    Okay thanks ronnie.

I've started adding in cardio for 30mins post workout 3x week on treadmill on 7-8% incline at 4-5mph walk. Burns just under 400 cals. Should I be upping this to 45-60 mins? You can once your fat loss stops

Now with the 100g of carbs a day, am I right to assume to take my carbs only breakfast, pre and post workout? yes Rest of carb sources will be fibrous vegetables. yes Do I still keep protein high at around 250-280g with fat at about 50-60g? This would be low in calories thats all. yes

May throw in 50g of carbs on wednesday but might not be needed as its a rest day. you will need it eventually as you become more lean But saturday will be re-feed correct? yes Just up the carbs by 200-300g?yes

Thanks again.
    above

Thread Information