the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question A range of opinions needed here!!!

Ide like to know peoples views on what percentage your body fat should be at before a cycle. I,m at around 14% right now, but i still feel a bit loose and fatty around my chest and lower abs. My main question is , do you have to be very low on bf before cycling (showing abs), to stop bloat and gyno?

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Even if your 3% bf you can still get gyno, however any bf% over 15 and you increase your chances of getting it. Best to cut down to 12% IMO. make sure you do a good pct.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    lower the bodyfat the less chance of gyno related sides...doesnt eliminate the chance though....everyone has their own opinions......i would say 14% is a good place to start.....but also depends on how long you have been training....how old you are.....whats your goals etc etc.....

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    lower the bodyfat the less chance of gyno related sides...doesnt eliminate the chance though....everyone has their own opinions......i would say 14% is a good place to start.....but also depends on how long you have been training....how old you are.....whats your goals etc etc.....
    id have to agree, but like he said ur goals determine ur cycle, most powerlifters are over 14%bf and still cycle, it all depends on ur goals

generally i think anything above 14-15 is abit high

stpete is offline Banned
    Sounds like you want to lose a little more weight before you start, so go ahead and do it. Couldn't hurt. It's ideal to be below 12% yes, and 15's about where you draw the line.

Critical Mass is offline Senior Member
    You will be much happier with the results with a low bodyfat%.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    all good advice here. id say 12% or below personally

Thread Information