fig
    fig is offline Member

Trouble pulling from vial

I just took my first shot. It went very well, no shaking, heart racing, etc. & definitely got into the muscle. One issue...I had trouble pulling the Test out of the vial.

Not sure how much of this matters but it's Test Enth 300mg/ml and a 10cc/ml syringe. Needle was 23G 1.5".

If it's relevant, I overpulled from the vial to slowly push the extra in to get the right dose. It seemed like the needle was blocked and finally after adding enough pressure, it kinda popped and started flowing back in.

Similarly, I had trouble with aspiration and plunging. Normal? Thanks.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    did you inject air into the vial prior to drawing out the fluid? larger syringes are harder to draw with also, get some 3cc syringes.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    No air into the vial. I had a feeling it was the fact that it was 10cc. At the suggestion of another member, I have 3cc's on the way. Thanks Big.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fig View Post
    I just took my first shot. It went very well, no shaking, heart racing, etc. & definitely got into the muscle. One issue...I had trouble pulling the Test out of the vial.

Not sure how much of this matters but it's Test Enth 300mg/ml and a 10cc/ml syringe. Needle was 23G 1.5".

If it's relevant, I overpulled from the vial to slowly push the extra in to get the right dose. It seemed like the needle was blocked and finally after adding enough pressure, it kinda popped and started flowing back in.

Similarly, I had trouble with aspiration and plunging. Normal? Thanks.
    I use 21 gauge to draw with and a 23 to pin. Makes drawing much easier.

Eviluncle is offline New Member
    i use 18 gauge for drawing and 21 or 23 for pining and have to agree larger syringes are harder to use

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    18's and 20's chew up stoppers real fast.

You can try warming the test up under some "WARM" water.

It makes it alot easier to pull out and inject.

Just make sure you wipe off the top of the stopper with alcohol.

We need to keep things sterile.

And as BIG pointed out, pushing air into the bottle makes it alot easier.

Best

T

syd-bloke is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    18's and 20's chew up stoppers real fast.

You can try warming the test up under some "WARM" water.

It makes it alot easier to pull out and inject.

Just make sure you wipe off the top of the stopper with alcohol.

We need to keep things sterile.

And as BIG pointed out, pushing air into the bottle makes it alot easier.

Best

T

You prob keeping the oily injection in your fridge? warming up will help alot (not too warm)

Big_B is offline New Member
    "To draw the liquid out of the vial,you´ll first want to pull some air into the syringe, usually as much as it will hold. Next, you want to hold the vial upside down and inject the air into the vial. This will increase pressure inside the vial and allow the liquid to be drawn into the syringe more easily. Once you´ve one this, and while you´re still holding the vial upside down (you need to make sure the tip of the needle is below the level of the liquid), begin to slowly pull back on the plunger and draw the desired amount of liquid into the syringe."

Someguy123 is offline Member
    not putting air in first was your problem. thats simple science. if you dont inject some air in first, you are creating a vaccum inside the vial when you draw your plunger back. but when you inject some air first, you create a vaccum inside the needle instead, which is what draws the oil out. just inject about as much air, as the size of shot youre doing. so if youre drawing out 1cc, then inject just a hair more air then that first.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    I don't keep it in the fridge but I will try warming it up. I read that a while ago and forgot.

Also never read that I should be putting air in. I thought Big was saying that would have been a mistake. I will try both, that should fix it. Thanks again, glad I asked.

fig
    fig is offline Member
    Took my 2nd shot today. Put the vial in hot water for a few mins, pushed some air in the vial and this time had my 3cc syringe. Worked like a charm. Thanks everyone.

Thread Information