J_Man is offline New Member

1st cycle critique

Hello!

1st time poster here, was just after some advice on my 1st cycle if possible….

Weight: 200lbs
    Height: 6'1
    Years Training: 3 (2 of which have been serious with diet etc)
    Diet: My diet is fine, i have all my macros sorted out and I eat clean all the time apart from 1 cheat meal a week, I have followed a strict eating plan for just over 2 years.

So to the cycle:

I was thinking of this:
    8-10 weeks (haven’t decided yet) of test enanthate 500mg/pw – split on Monday and Thursday.
    While on this cycle I will take HCG @ 150iu 2 times a week

My PCT will begin 2 weeks after my last injection and will be this:
    Weeks 1-2: Clomid 50mg/day & nolvadex 20mg/day
    Weeks 3-4: Clomid 25mg/day & nolvadex 20mg/day

The reason I’m not stacking with anything for my 1st cycle is so I can see how I react with just the one. If I stack it with anything else and something goes wrong, I wont know which one made it go wrong…..if that makes any sense?!

Any input would help…..thanks.

Go the 10 weeks you won't regret it, trust me. Everything else looks fine although it would be best for you to wait a couple of years.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've been reading lots about age, and how many years you've been training etc....I think that personally, I feel ready.

Personally, I would use a lower dose like 300mg. Some people on this board would rip me apart for suggesting that but I've read lots of good logs that used 300mg as a first go. Since you've never cycled the sides should be lower and you would still be happy, cheaper too. I am on low dose eq right now, after which I'll start a 250-300mg test cycle

Quote Originally Posted by thenextcutler View Post
    Personally, I would use a lower dose like 300mg. Some people on this board would rip me apart for suggesting that but I've read lots of good logs that used 300mg as a first go. Since you've never cycled the sides should be lower and you would still be happy, cheaper too. I am on low dose eq right now, after which I'll start a 250-300mg test cycle
    Depends on your goals of course... If you want to explode 20+ pounds then go with 500, but the sides/shutdown would be worse and IMHO you could get some great keepable gains with a lower dose

Quote Originally Posted by thenextcutler View Post
    Depends on your goals of course... If you want to explode 20+ pounds then go with 500, but the sides/shutdown would be worse and IMHO you could get some great keepable gains with a lower dose
    Yeah I was toying with doing less, but decided to stick with 500. As for the sides, thats something I've prepared myself for mentally so I dont think that would be a problem.

With regards to the shutdown, I think the HCG should help with that, and the 4 weeks PCT with correct diet and training should help me keep a fair bit of gains.... I think

I'm sure you'll do fine, you have a well thought out cycle, and yes the hcg will be an important factor. Consider keeping extra hcg and nolva on hand just in case, you can't be sure if your gyno sensitive or not and you will want extra nolva waiting in case to prevent you from dipping in to your pct stash.

Good luck, post a pic if you have one.

Thanks for your input, I just wanted to check I had it all set out right, so yeah, thanks!

I will get some extra, I was thinking about doing that anyway, can never be too prepared!

As for the pic, I'm at work so have none here, if I get a chance when I'm at home I will.

Thanks again....

Quote Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
    Thanks for your input, I just wanted to check I had it all set out right, so yeah, thanks!

I will get some extra, I was thinking about doing that anyway, can never be too prepared!

As for the pic, I'm at work so have none here, if I get a chance when I'm at home I will.

Thanks again....
    One thing though, some people argue that hcg is suppressive on your natural system as well, I would hold off on it until your balls shrink then revive them with something like 500 iu, then a maintenance dose e3-4d until pct

2 things. First the shutdown is the same at 300mg/week or 500mg/week. Once you bring an exogenous hormone in an amount greater than your body's output of said hormone you will shut down its production.

Second I forgot to suggest aromasin with your HCG through the cycle. I personally think you won't require the HCG and will recover fine with your PCT but it is a great addition to any cycle. However you would requiere an aromataze inhibitor, hence aromasin.

So do you think I sould out the HCG during the cycle and replace it with something like 12.5mg of Aromasin everyday?

Then 25mg ED during PCT? Tapering down through the weeks....

If you have it use it along with aromasin . Now if you decide to go without the HCG then keep the aromasin in hand. If you feel any gyno symptoms then run the nolvadex until they dissappear and continue the rest of cycle with aromasin. It's your first cycle so you don't know whether you are gyno sensitive or not. So just in case an AI is needed.

Right ok, so I'll keep the HCG and run the aromasin with it...that way I have all angles covered, becuase, like you said, I'm not sure if I'm gyno sensitive.

Just a another quick question, after my last injection, the 2 weeks I wait, do I not take anything? No Nolvadex , clomid, aromasin or HCG? Then once the 2 weeks is up start my PCT?

you can take the hcg , nothing else

Keep the HCG on along with aromasin through your first week of PCT then drop the HCG but stay on aromasin

Thanks for the help, I have revised my cycle so it is now:

10 weeks of test enanthate 500mg/pw – split on Monday and Thursday.
    HCG @ 150iu 2 times a week
    and 12.5mg of Aromasin everyday

My 2 week period after my last injection I will continue to take HCG @150iu 2 times a week

My PCT will begin 2 weeks after my last injection and will be this:

Week 1: Clomid 50mg/day & nolvadex 20mg/day, along with HCG @150iu 2 times a week and Aromasin @ 25mg ED
    Week 2: Clomid 50mg/day & nolvadex 20mg/day, along with Aromasin @ 25mg ED
    Weeks 3-4: Clomid 25mg/day & nolvadex 20mg/day, along with Aromasin @ 25mg ED

I will use 23g 1.5” needle for glute injections.

Does that look ok?

Very well planned, good job

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I started when I was 23 also but was working out for 4 years seriously. Two years is not that long bro. Why do you think you need the juice already?

You are good to go although as previously stated by me and now diesel you should probably hold out and try to make some more gains with diet and lifting. Good luck

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Wait till your 24yrs old, get more training experience under your belt and swap and change with your diet and find out how your body responds, you can do alot more before attempting a first cycle IMHO.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    if you are going to go with this, use hcg through out, prevention is beta than cure, beware dodgy advice

Thread Information