dublin 33 is offline New Member

Question how 2's on gear sterilization

what are the most effective and safest routes for sterilizing ugl gear?
    How much does a sterile syringe filter help?

graeme87 is offline Member
    To be honest I can’t really answer your question accurately but I will say if you’re not confident in the quality or the gear from a ugl especially if it’s sterile or not then don’t order from them.

big_k is offline Associate Member
    if your run your gear through a .22 whatman filter, it should sterilize gear.

I'd wait for a vet to chime in though

Roidbeginner is offline Junior Member
    As pointed out you have to filter through 0.22 um sterilizing filter. However, if you filter through under non-sterilizing environment or into non-sterile containers. It is very unlikely normal ppl have access to lab hoods which provide sterile environment.

Hamma Head is offline Junior Member
    you could boil your gear, just stick a pin in it to relieve the pressure. Put the vial in a pot of water about half to 3/4 up the vial. I forget how long to boil. Maybe someone else remembers.

urbanbody is offline Member
    You can tandalize your gear which is boiling 20min and then repeat twice but space 24hrs between. Honestly I do this no matter where I get my gear from or if I make it. You can never be to sure these days.

FlyingIllini is offline Junior Member
    Can't you just get some sterile sealed vials and some syringe filters and transfer the gear from the original vials to the new vials thru the filters ? There are 10 ml syringes you can get to do it using one pass.

I believe that should work ?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingIllini View Post
    Can't you just get some sterile sealed vials and some syringe filters and transfer the gear from the original vials to the new vials thru the filters ? There are 10 ml syringes you can get to do it using one pass.

I'm wondering if you can use syringe filters, such as a .22 um to filter the gear before inject.
    The question is does this filter bacteria and viruses such as hep c.

These questions are coming about cause some guy has stated on another forum that he contracted hep c from contaminated gear. (whether it's true or not remains to be seen).

FlyingIllini is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dublin 33 View Post
    I'm wondering if you can use syringe filters, such as a .22 um to filter the gear before inject.
    The question is does this filter bacteria and viruses such as hep c.

These questions are coming about cause some guy has stated on another forum that he contracted hep c from contaminated gear. (whether it's true or not remains to be seen).
    Those filters won't stop a virus, which is much smaller than the pore size of the filter. I think its designed for bacteria only.

.22 whatman filter says it does sterlize however if you tandalize the gear it helps with the process and is the only being safer. And whoever said they contracted Hep C from gear is full of sh*t they were more than likely sharing needles or sharing gear with someone with Hep C. Hep C only last a few hours outside the body so if it was in the gear it would have died already. Like Aids or Hiv dies within seconds leaving the body.

diesel405 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamma Head View Post
    you could boil your gear, just stick a pin in it to relieve the pressure. Put the vial in a pot of water about half to 3/4 up the vial. I forget how long to boil. Maybe someone else remembers.
    Bad advise, cant heat it enough without an autoclave. Although some ppl have done it succussfully, i think it was the ba in the gear that killed any remaining bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingIllini View Post

Best advice, will be 100% sterile.

Best advice? Not sure on that tandalize would be best advice. Just cause you buy these vials and the website says sterile doesn't make it sterile if it was 100% sterile it would come in a package confirming its sterile from the FDA. So that's a guessing game

And whoever said they contracted Hep C from gear is full of sh*t they were more than likely sharing needles or sharing gear with someone with Hep C. Hep C only last a few hours outside the body so if it was in the gear it would have died already. Like Aids or Hiv dies within seconds leaving the body.[/QUOTE]

agree. That's what I would think also.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanbody View Post
    Best advice? Not sure on that tandalize would be best advice. Just cause you buy these vials and the website says sterile doesn't make it sterile if it was 100% sterile it would come in a package confirming its sterile from the FDA. So that's a guessing game
    Well then i guess thats the same with your syringes then right? A guessing game....
    And how exactly do YOU tandalize? In a lab?

BREW-MAN is offline Associate Member
    tandalizeing is gay , it can destroy the hormone so dont bother with tha methard,best was is to warm gear a little and filter via a .2 filter into new vials(yes websites selling sealed vails state that there FDA approved so no problems there.

Quote Originally Posted by BREW-MAN View Post
    tandalizeing is gay , it can destroy the hormone so dont bother with tha methard,best was is to warm gear a little and filter via a .2 filter into new vials(yes websites selling sealed vails state that there FDA approved so no problems there.

BS anybody can say FDA approved until followed by specific laws with FDA approved lab it is not sterile!!! And please do a spell check on your post!

And Needles come in FDA sterile packaging! Hint the packaging you take off when you pull the needle out!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel405 View Post
    Well then i guess thats the same with your syringes then right? A guessing game....
    And how exactly do YOU tandalize? In a lab?
    It's HOMEBREW this is why you use that method. In Labs they use clean rooms with proper sterile gear and equipment. They have laws to follow as you don't in UGL!

BS anybody can say FDA approved until followed by specific laws with FDA approved lab it is not sterile!!! And please do a spell check on your post!

And Needles come in FDA sterile packaging! Hint the packaging you take off when you pull the needle out!
    I HAVE ORDERED OVER 500 SEALED VIALS FROM ONLINE WEB SITE ,HERE IS WHAT ONE OF THEM STATE

Clear 10 ml certified depyrogenated and sterile vials. These sterile vials are Type 1 borosilicate assembled with butyl stoppers and colored aluminum seals. Neck size is 20mm. Sterilization is performed in an FDA inspected facility, operating to cGMP compliance. All sterilization processes are carried out under strict Class 100 U.S. Pharmacopoeia and Federal Code of Regulations methodologies. Assembled units are sterile and free of all endotoxins and meet the FDA's mandated 14-day sterility testing protocol. Ideal for analytical laboratories, compounding pharmacies, veterinarians, etc.

NOW YOUR SAYING A BIG ONLINE LAB STORE IS GOING TO LIE ABOUT THERE PRODUCTS? THERE VIALS ARE USED FOR ALL SORTS OF THING NOT JUST HOME BREWING/STEROIDS ,IN EVERY ORDER I HAVE PLACED WITH THESE ONLINE COMPANYS NOT ONCE HAVE I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL,SO YOUR THE ONE THATS TALKING BS MAN.

I HAVE ORDERED OVER 500 SEALED VIALS FROM ONLINE WEB SITE ,HERE IS WHAT ONE OF THEM STATE

Clear 10 ml certified depyrogenated and sterile vials. These sterile vials are Type 1 borosilicate assembled with butyl stoppers and colored aluminum seals. Neck size is 20mm. Sterilization is performed in an FDA inspected facility, operating to cGMP compliance. All sterilization processes are carried out under strict Class 100 U.S. Pharmacopoeia and Federal Code of Regulations methodologies. Assembled units are sterile and free of all endotoxins and meet the FDA's mandated 14-day sterility testing protocol. Ideal for analytical laboratories, compounding pharmacies, veterinarians, etc.

NOW YOUR SAYING A BIG ONLINE LAB STORE IS GOING TO LIE ABOUT THERE PRODUCTS? THERE VIALS ARE USED FOR ALL SORTS OF THING NOT JUST HOME BREWING/STEROIDS ,IN EVERY ORDER I HAVE PLACED WITH THESE ONLINE COMPANYS NOT ONCE HAVE I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL,SO YOUR THE ONE THATS TALKING BS MAN.

Im not talking BS Im just saying better to be safe than sorry!!! Are your vials coming in sterile packaging??? Most do not actually none that I've seen.

You can tandalize your gear which is boiling 20min and then repeat twice but space 24hrs between. Honestly I do this no matter where I get my gear from or if I make it. You can never be to sure these days.
    Standard practice of killing bacteria is to heat in an Autoclave at temps of 250-degrees Fahrenheit. Autoclaves also work under tremendous pressure (15psi or greater). It is the combination of heat and pressure that kills the bacteria. Boiling water only reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrong answer.

Standard practice of killing bacteria is to heat in an Autoclave at temps of 250-degrees Fahrenheit. Autoclaves also work under tremendous pressure (15psi or greater). It is the combination of heat and pressure that kills the bacteria. Boiling water only reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrong answer.
    Not here to Keep up this. Do your way. I was just answering a question.

I never asked you a question. There is a bachelor and master of sience in biochemistry hanging above my computer on the wall. Your advise is useless to me.

I never asked you a question. There is a bachelor and master of sience in biochemistry hanging above my computer on the wall. Your advise is useless to me.
    The question I answered was for the thread not you. calm down

The question I answered was for the thread not you. calm down
    Im glad your degrees are helping with your future as a bouncer

Im glad your degrees are helping with your future as a bouncer
    Its my wife's degree. I dont wanna say to much but most vaccines in the US are made where she works. She manages the filtration, sterilization, and manufacturing. I trust that degree more than anything i will ever read...

Its my wife's degree. I dont wanna say to much but most vaccines in the US are made where she works. She manages the filtration, sterilization, and manufacturing. I trust that degree more than anything i will ever read...
    Ok so no tandalizing! Then what Bake? I know the .2 micron works but does it really kill the bacteria?

Ok so no tandalizing! Then what Bake? I know the .2 micron works but does it really kill the bacteria?
    Well u should heat to the powders melting point by placing the beaker, vial,ect. in a pan of water and heat on stove top. The filter is what makes it sterile. It doesn't kill bacteria, the bacteria just cant fit thru the filter pores. After filtering with a .22micron filter it will be 100% sterile. (Hard to believe, i no, i was the same way however i trusted her word.) Never get it confused with a .45micron filter. They are to big and some bacteria will fit thru the pores.

Also, NOTHING has to be sterile b4 the filter. I use grapeseed oil from the grocery store and my solvents werent sterile either.

Thread Information