Question when do the growth plates actually fuse and what stunts them

Found this, any thoughts?

"Note that the clavicles (the bones that determine your shoulder width) are the last to stop growing. So even if you've reached your ultimate height, you may not have reached your ultimate shoulder width yet. For that reason alone I would wait as long as possible before starting steroid use .

I've got extraordinarily narrow shoulders so I'm particularly sensitive to this issue - and no, I haven't used steroids (yet). I'm not a doctor, but my readings on the subject suggest that while epiphyseal closure (fusion of the growth plates) is more or less complete within a few years of puberty in females, it may not be complete in males until around age 25.

(I did once read that the clavicles may not completely fuse in some individuals until as late as 35, but can't find the reference.)

If you really feel the need to juice at an earlier age, keep in mind that it's estrogen and estrodiol that cause epiphyseal closure, so stay with non-aromatizing steroids such as Anavar or Primobolan , rather than aromatizing steroids such as dbol or test. I believe Anavar is in fact approved for use in children (not that you'll find many doctors these days who would have the guts to prescribe it)."

-jwillow
    (body building . com)

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    The Pineal gland of the brain is important gland that facilitates and eventually terminates the process of puberty. Around the late teens to early twenties the Pineal gland is signaled to shut down and it eventually calcifies and because inactive in adults or at least that is what it believed.

The Pineal Gland is an endocrine gland and secretes many different hormones durning childhood. In fact it is quite large in children and very active. Melatonin is one of its major hormones it secretes and is believed to slow the process of puberty. Testosterone or Estrogen is believed to signal the reduced secretion of melatonin thus eventually leading to full sexual development.
    This is a little piece from my Q@A thread.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    This is a little piece from my Q@A thread.
    cool, I'm gonna look that thread up

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thenextcutler View Post
    cool, I'm gonna look that thread up
    OK sweet, the link is in my signature. If you have any questions feel free to post them up!
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information