wharton is offline out of here

2,4-Dinitrophenol

2,4-Dinitrophenol

I understand the chemical and how it works but can someone fill me in with some personal experiences? fat loss? side effects? dosage? etc.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wharton View Post
    2,4-Dinitrophenol

I understand the chemical and how it works but can someone fill me in with some personal experiences? fat loss? side effects? dosage? etc.
    Shit, never heard of it but after reading this copy and paste from Wikipedia, I wouldnt touch it:

"Dieting aid
    DNP was used extensively in the 1930s in diet pills after Cutting and Tainter at Stanford University made their first report on the drug's ability to greatly increase metabolic rate. DNP acts as a protonophore in the mitochondrial membrane, uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation and making ATP energy production less efficient. In effect, part of the energy that is normally produced from cellular respiration is wasted as heat. This inefficiency is proportional to the dose of DNP that is taken. Thus, as the dose increases and energy production is made less efficient, the metabolic rate is increased (and more fat is burned) in order to compensate for the inefficiency and meet energy demands. Interestingly, the factor that limits ever increasing doses of DNP is not a lack of ATP energy production, but rather an excessive rise in body temperature due to the heat produced during uncoupling. Accordingly, DNP overdose will cause fatal hyperthermia. Case reports have shown that an acute administration of 20–50 mg/kg in humans can be lethal.[1] Concerns about dangerous side-effects and rapidly developing cataracts resulted in DNP being discontinued in the United States by the end of 1938. DNP, however, continues to be used by some bodybuilders and athletes to rapidly lose body fat. Fatal overdoses are rare, but are still reported on occasion. These include cases of accidental exposure[2], suicide[1][3], and excessive intentional exposure.[3][4][5]

Some advocates of the drug advise people to take doses of 5–8 mg/kg daily. It's commonly advised, however, that the dose be slowly titrated according to personal tolerance, which varies greatly.[6]

There is limited and conflicting data on the pharmacokinetics of DNP in humans. The EPA states that "Data on the elimination kinetics of the dinitrophenols or their metabolic products in humans were not found."[7] The ATSDR's Toxicological Profile for Dinitrophenols also states that "No studies were located regarding distribution in humans after oral exposure to 2,4-DNP. Limited information is available regarding distribution in animals after oral exposure to 2,4-DNP." However, they do state that "Elimination from the body appears to be rapid, except possibly in cases of compromised liver function."[8] This coincides with a review in the NEJM on the biological actions of dinitrophenol, which stated that "Judging from the metabolic response, DNP appears to be eliminated entirely in three or four days; in the presence of liver or kidney damage it is possible that the drug will be retained over a longer period."[9] Oddly, more recent papers give an array of possible half-lives, ranging from 3 hours[10], to 5–14 days.[1] Other recent papers maintain that the half-life in humans is unknown.[3]

In a study on mice, a lethal dose of 35 mg/kg decreased to 5 mg/kg body weight when the environmental temperature was raised to 39°C (102.2°F).[1] As the ambient temperature increases, so does the risk of overheating. People who use increased ambient temperatures for weight-loss, such as wrestlers and runners, are potentially at greater risk of overdose.

Although further investigation is needed, dinitrophenol-induced hyperthermia has been successfully resolved with dantrolene administration.[11] "Dinitrophenol uncouples oxidative phosphorylation, causes release of calcium from mitochondrial stores and prevents calcium re-uptake. This leads to free intracellular calcium and causes muscle contraction and hyperthermia. Dantrolene inhibits calcium release from the sarcoplasmic reticulum which reduces intracellular calcium. The resulting muscle relaxation allows heat dissipation. There is little risk to dantrolene administration. Since dantrolene may be effective in reducing hyperthermia caused by agents that inhibit oxidative phosphorylation, early administration may improve outcome."[12]

While DNP itself is considered by many to be too risky for human use, its mechanism of action remains under investigation as a potential approach for treating obesity.[13] Currently, research is being conducted on uncoupling proteins naturally found in humans."

I know all that read up on it for a few weeks. Just wanna know if someone has run it and what they got from it etc

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    certainly can........ive took it about 2 times in the past....the first time i took it i stuck at 200mg for 10days and i did not stick to a diet and just what i liked..i got pretty hot but nothing to bad...weight loss didnt really happen

the second time i did a 14 day cycle and kept my diet very good..i went upto 400mg...the feeling of sickleness was pretty strong as was the heat!....at about day 10 i started getting itchiness..so i took a antihistamine and the itch went away....i continued the cycle till day 14...by this time i was feeling like shit......i did not do cardio but did weights as normal.....about 4 days after the cycle i started getting itchy...i kept taking antihisatmaine tab and it would go away...but come back after 3 days......so i went to the docs and got my blood tested (i didnt mention id been on DNP )...got results back and i had a high serum level (havent got a clue what that means) she said not to worry and come back for another test...which i did.....itchin had stoped and blood back to normal.....the itchin took about 6 weeks to go and was unbareable at times LOL( itching from soles of feet..inside my mouth..eyeballs etc etc)......and to top off no weight loss!!............so from personal experience Not worth it at all.....not to say it wont work for you...i had all the sides with none of the results...(i used powder form)...hope this helps you make an informed choice..

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    I know all that read up on it for a few weeks. Just wanna know if someone has run it and what they got from it etc
    Found a few posts that discuss it:

first DNP cycle and i'm taking 68 pills a day....

DNP use during a cruise or during cycle?

Dnp Info Take Take Of The Fat

DNP Does and CAN KILL.

best fat loss compound??

Low DNP Dose

Hope they help.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    oh and i did tons of research and took all the recomended supps.....plus drank 4 litres of water per day....it was winter also....in the summer it would of been even worse.....

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    oh and i did tons of research and took all the recomended supps.....plus drank 4 litres of water per day....it was winter also....in the summer it would of been even worse.....
    LoL sounds like fun

Bump for anyone who got positives to add lol

LoL sounds like fun

Bump for anyone who got positives to add lol
    id honestly stay clear mate......BUT since your asking for postive feed back...me thinks your mind is made up??........haha........just do as much research as pos and take it easy and slow........ive had better results with a.m and after weights cardio......

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    2,4-Dinitrophenol

I've used it twice. I'm not a fan of it though.

The first time I ran it was near the end of a contest prep. I was already shredded, but I wanted my glutes (which are soft naturally) to be striated.

I ran it at:
    Day 1: 250mg
    Day 2: 500mg
    Day 3: 500 mg
    Day 4: 750 mg
    Day 5: 500 mg
    Day 6: 500 mg
    Day 7: 250 mg

And I believe I lost muscle in the process (though there are many who claim that DNP isn't catabolic). And I got really weak. Took me months to regain the strength I had prior to using DNP.

My training, cardio and diet remained the same while i was on DNP.

That was years ago though... Not sure if I'd run it again.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

hardluck51 is offline New Member
    I just got 30 tabs of it 250 mg powder form,....having second thoughts,.......

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    used it once and never again, ran it at 400mg daily during WINTER

sides were severe sweating
    consistant heavy blood noses, i filled a glass once full of blood
    couldnt sleep since i was so hot
    appetite swings, got cravings hard
    had a bloated look and body looked really flat and drained
    felt like garbage even with supplementing light amount of T3 along it for my thyroids
    my sweat smelt horrible and stunk
    couldnt go anywhere public becuase id break out in severe sweats like i just ran a marathon
    neally overheated twice, one was late at night lying in bed, had to run downstairs and drink 3 litres of iced water, worse was i didnt even get an brain freez when i skulled it all down
    i also felt scattered while on it, what i mean by that is your not really all der in the head while on it, found it difficult to focus on anything, also had to study for university while i was on it and i could barely read a book i felt that lost

also had a mate die while using the stuff

its really not something thats worth trying IMO

HustlerBrah is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post
    used it once and never again, ran it at 400mg daily during WINTER

sides were severe sweating
    consistant heavy blood noses, i filled a glass once full of blood
    couldnt sleep since i was so hot
    appetite swings, got cravings hard
    had a bloated look and body looked really flat and drained
    felt like garbage even with supplementing light amount of T3 along it for my thyroids
    my sweat smelt horrible and stunk
    couldnt go anywhere public becuase id break out in severe sweats like i just ran a marathon
    neally overheated twice, one was late at night lying in bed, had to run downstairs and drink 3 litres of iced water, worse was i didnt even get an brain freez when i skulled it all down
    i also felt scattered while on it, what i mean by that is your not really all der in the head while on it, found it difficult to focus on anything, also had to study for university while i was on it and i could barely read a book i felt that lost

also had a mate die while using the stuff

its really not something thats worth trying IMO
    wow?

big_k is offline Associate Member
    I took this during the summer when I was usually outside. (BAD IDEA)

Basically...

i started at 200mg and ramped up to 400, and then up to 500
    I was pouring with sweat all the time, pointed 2 fans at myself all the time
    brought a few shirts to work everyday
    I soaked through clothes during workouts
    I was eating like 2000 calories, but I binged once
    leaned out really quick
    I turned white clothes kinda yellowish from sweat
    my semen was yellow
    everyone thought i was sick
    sleep was tough since i sweat through my sheets so i slept on the floor
    in the end I lost like 15 lbs, I went from like 18% to having upper abs
    and then about 2 months later they went away
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I transfered schools then and started my first day of school while still on DNP I felt very uptight going to class, it was hot already and lots of stairs, but it looked like I came from the sauna, and couple hotties asked me about it later in the semester, I told them that I came from training directly and didn't have a chance to towel off (embarrassing! lol)

I probably wouldn't do it again since I was literally miserable the whole time
    Last edited by big_k; 12-05-2009 at 08:32 PM.

goose is offline Banned
    Very interesting analysis,that concurs with me and a guy I knew who ran it the most.Im talking about the strength loss you suffer,and takes scary amount of time to regain that point.Terrible if you train HIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    I've used it twice. I'm not a fan of it though.

The first time I ran it was near the end of a contest prep. I was already shredded, but I wanted my glutes (which are soft naturally) to be striated.

I ran it at:
    Day 1: 250mg
    Day 2: 500mg
    Day 3: 500 mg
    Day 4: 750 mg
    Day 5: 500 mg
    Day 6: 500 mg
    Day 7: 250 mg

And I believe I lost muscle in the process (though there are many who claim that DNP isn't catabolic). And I got really weak. Took me months to regain the strength I had prior to using DNP.

My training, cardio and diet remained the same while i was on DNP.

That was years ago though... Not sure if I'd run it again.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    wow 750mgs! i bet you felt pretty bad the whole.

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    That shit scares me.The ends have to justify the means.

Not worth it. INHO

Best

T

LoL seems like bad experiences so far im like 75% not gonna do it now,

Bump for any more positives or negatives.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Tried it once, made me feel awfull and very sick, stopped as soon as i started it, i wouldnt advice anyone to use it.

Thread Information