Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vaders4 is offline Member

How to determine genetic potential?

Obviously this is 100% dependent on your genetics, but let's use me as a test.

My father was 6'1, 160lbs.
    My grandfather (on my fathers side) was 5'11, 150lbs.

My grandfather (mothers side) was 5'5 5'6, 135lbs
    My mother is 5'4 120lbs.

I am 6'0, 185lbs

If I do not lift and diet hard, I am 150-155lbs.

How much can I honestly grow? Can I hit 220lbs naturally? will my body even let me do that?

How much muscle can one gain over their 'natural' weight??

Everyone in my family is extremely lean, I guess I come from a long line of ectomorphs

I am already 25lbs heavier than the largest male in my family, and 50lbs larger than the smallest.

When will my genetics 'limit' my actual growth? There has to be a point somewhere, where it will stop.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    How can one ansewr this question.

What ansewr are you looking for?
    You have maxed out do a cycle?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vaders4 View Post
    Obviously this is 100% dependent on your genetics, but let's use me as a test.

My father was 6'1, 160lbs.
    My grandfather (on my fathers side) was 5'11, 150lbs.

My grandfather (mothers side) was 5'5 5'6, 135lbs
    My mother is 5'4 120lbs.

I am 6'0, 185lbs

If I do not lift and diet hard, I am 150-155lbs.

How much can I honestly grow? Can I hit 220lbs naturally? will my body even let me do that?

How much muscle can one gain over their 'natural' weight??

Everyone in my family is extremely lean, I guess I come from a long line of ectomorphs

I am already 25lbs heavier than the largest male in my family, and 50lbs larger than the smallest.

When will my genetics 'limit' my actual growth? There has to be a point somewhere, where it will stop.
    Based on the information you gave us, I calculate your genetic potential to be 6'0, 192.345876 lbs. Therefore, when you gain 7.345876 lbs of muscle (not fat or water), then, and only then can you use AAS.

Best to you.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Based on the information you gave us, I calculate your genetic potential to be 6'0, 192.345876 lbs. Therefore, when you gain 7.345876 lbs of muscle (not fat or water), then, and only then can you use AAS.

Best to you.
    I did not know you were also erudite on maths!!!

Lol..

I don't mean it that way, I'm just curious as to how much you can naturally gain.

Little Herc is offline Associate Member
    It would be hard to tell unless your family was at there genetic potential. An easier way to find out imho would be to find a lot of natural Bodybuilders around your height and avg there weight. Go for the low end unless u work out like a BB.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    no tellin man,, how old are you.

I'm 30

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    ithere is no hard and fast rule to figure that out bro. i dont even think there is a soft and slow rule.

my parents are pretty small (mom 5'1" 115, dad 5'10 170) and im the smallest of thier 3 sons im 6'2 or 6'3 225-230 and still gaining well.

i think there is alot more in that equation than just mom, dad and grandparents.

Moto

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol its hard to determine

HOWEVER its considered by medical studies and journals that the 300/400/500 benchmark is a maintable natural strength for the average male

this means a 300 pound benchpress
    400 pound squat
    500 pound deadlift

are considered NATURALLY acheievable and maintable

obviosuly itll very depending on your genetics, but this is just a guidleline to a average males strength abilities

nilrac is offline Member
    Attainable... yeah... average? Certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post
    lol its hard to determine

HOWEVER its considered by medical studies and journals that the 300/400/500 benchmark is a maintable natural strength for the average male

this means a 300 pound benchpress
    400 pound squat
    500 pound deadlift

are considered NATURALLY acheievable and maintable

obviosuly itll very depending on your genetics, but this is just a guidleline to a average males strength abilities
    lol,, no way man,, average male weighs like 165

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I have my mothers european genes.....tall and skinny. I was 6'1" - 175lbs when I graduated highschool. getting up to 200lbs naturally was hard but I did it...... I then cycled and got over 237lbs over the years. I've never dropped below 220lbs since then except for when I was dropping weight for jiujitsu.

When I cycle and go over 220lbs..... it seems like I can maintain it for a little while. It just slowly starts going back down and i'll eventually end back up at 220 or so LOL

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

YouStupidBunnies is offline New Member
    It's a simple formula:
    Take your fathers weight after breakfast, but before his morning bowel movement.
    Take your mothers weight during her third menstrual cycle of the year at its heaviest flow.
    Add those two numbers together and divide by how many the square footage of your gym.
    Now, stand on your left foot, tilt your head to the right while sticking your tongue out towards your nose. Count until your left foot touches the groud.

Write all that data on an old Walmart receipt and chew it with your protein drink.

Forgot what we were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by YouStupidBunnies View Post
    It's a simple formula:
    Take your fathers weight after breakfast, but before his morning bowel movement.
    Take your mothers weight during her third menstrual cycle of the year at its heaviest flow.
    Add those two numbers together and divide by how many the square footage of your gym.
    Now, stand on your left foot, tilt your head to the right while sticking your tongue out towards your nose. Count until your left foot touches the groud.

Write all that data on an old Walmart receipt and chew it with your protein drink.

haa, nice

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    It's a simple formula:

LMFAO.... and there you have it.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

polly56 is offline Associate Member
    It's a simple formula:

hahahahahaha! amazing!

hahah you tool bag

darkcrayz is offline Member
    youre getting started late. your test levels are starting to drop. first i would get some blood work and see where your test levels are.

im 6'1", 26, 255, 18-20% bodyfat. small joints, runner's body i got from my Italian mother. its possible to put more weight on then you have now. just eat and train. or eat, train, take steroids .

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vaders4 View Post

I am 6'0, 185lbs
    How old are you? Post a pic and you will get an better idea from those that are experienced if you are at or near you genetic limit. There are some thin ass structures out there. But I would bet you could put on more weight naturally.

Thread Information