progressive1 is offline Junior Member

36 year old virgin

Hello everyone. I've been perusing this forum for a few months now and have learned a lot. I just joined and have my first question. But first, a little background....

I'm 36, male, 5'8", 163lbs, 13% BF (used to be 8% 10 years ago). I've been weight training naturally since 16 years old fairly consistently (longest hiatus was 2 months due to an auto accident). My diet has never been strict, ie, i've never counted calories or macronutrients. However, I'm not much of a junk food kinda guy and don't really have a sweet tooth. I'd say most of my intake is protein and fat and that's only because i'm not too into bread, pasta, etc.

I weight train 3-4 times/week and play basketball for 2 hours/week. No other cardio because i've always been a hard gainer. Over the past few years, I've noticed that I don't gain muscle as easily and don't recover after workouts as quickly. It's obviously b/c of my advancing age and declining hormone levels.

My question: Should I consider trying a test only cycle, trying GH, or both?

My desire is to add bulk and strength while remaining lean or even more cut than I am now. I am NOT interested in attaining pro bodybuilder or powerlifter mass, though I have nothing against that. Just not for me.

Thanks in advance for your advice, and I aspire to eventually give back to others in this forum the knowledge that I have and will receive.

-p1

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    id say try a simple test e or c cycle for 12wks @ 500mg pw split into two injects 3.5 days apart and have pct lined up and an ai for any gyno symps that may flare up, cant comment on th GH as i havnt tried it yet, but its properties are well documented

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thank god, you meant steroid virgin.....

A simple Test E or Test C cycle would be very beneficial. If you have the means to pay for it then HGH is a great compound but really should be ran for 6+ months at a time.

declan11 and redz, thanks for your replies.

I've read that using GH with test and slin can help make gains that you mostly don't lose if you eventually stop after a certain amount of time (e.g. a year or so). Anyone have any comments on this? Thanks!

hunterwells is offline Associate Member
    dude are u naked in that picture?

shadey33 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by progressive1 View Post
    declan11 and redz, thanks for your replies.

I've read that using GH with test and slin can help make gains that you mostly don't lose if you eventually stop after a certain amount of time (e.g. a year or so). Anyone have any comments on this? Thanks!
    Mate for 1st cycle as redz an declan said test e 12 weeks will be fine , i wouldnt be looking in to running test for a year or so just yet .

urbanbody is offline Member
    STAY AWAY FROM INSULIN !!!!!!! If you just want something to help recovery and gain some muscle just do some Test as stated above. If you have access to some growth I would recommend this at your age 4iu ed for as long as you can afford it giving you take a small break every year.

Oakleys is offline Associate Member
    Read this man.

Perfect for you!

Test beginner cycle info

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Skip the slin.

*Thiago* is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterwells View Post
    dude are u naked in that picture?
    lmao !!!!!

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries
    To the OP, get your natty test levels checked.

At your age, it's a possibility it will come back low.

You could be a TRT candidate my friend.

Blood work tells all.

And your diet needs help.

Post what you eat in the diet section and let one of our diet gurus tweak it and break it down for you.(macros)

Best

t

number28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM View Post
    To the OP, get your natty test levels checked.

At your age, it's a possibility it will come back low.

You could be a TRT candidate my friend.

Blood work tells all.

And your diet needs help.

Post what you eat in the diet section and let one of our diet gurus tweak it and break it down for you.(macros)

Best

t
    I hate it when they do that, "go post your diet info"...but hes 100% correct.
    i was planning on doin my first cyc 2 months ago, then was asked to post diet info. since then i put off my cyc and will prob start in a month or so but i managed to gain 9 lbs without aas. i know that a real small amt but alot for me as im a real hard gainer. i also went down 2% bf.

oh by the way, my first cyc will be test e

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by number28 View Post
    i was planning on doin my first cyc 2 months ago, then was asked to post diet info. since then i put off my cyc and will prob start in a month or so but i managed to gain 9 lbs without aas. i know that a real small amt but alot for me as im a real hard gainer. i also went down 2% bf.
    Agreed.^^^^^

Best

T

breakbones is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post

A simple Test E or Test C cycle would be very beneficial. If you have the means to pay for it then HGH is a great compound but really should be ran for 6+ months at a time.

jared530 is offline Junior Member
    hahaha

Thanks for all the advice, fellas! I'm gonna continue reading. Sounds like I can make some quality gains just by changing my diet...awesome.

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    Ever considered creatine? check out SizeOn and/or simple creatine monohydrate

check out Recoup for the recovery or you could get straight glutamine for post workout

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post

bhahahahaaha

Wow u either have a spot on diet or cardio, or both. Still find that hard to believe though was this checked?

On the other hand yeah progressive1 i did a test cyp for my cycle, but I jumped on the band wagon way to quick without going over the basics, my diet, my workout, and my PCT. Take them into consideration you may not even need aas, but on the other hand it may not hurt.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    I hate it when they do that, "go post your diet info"...but hes 100% correct. i was planning on doin my first cyc 2 months ago, then was asked to post diet info. since then i put off my cyc and will prob start in a month or so but i managed to gain 9 lbs without aas. i know that a real small amt but alot for me as im a real hard gainer. i also went down 2% bf.
    I was in the same boat bro got my diet in check put on some quality lbs. and still waiting to run my cycle got all the gear. Just waiting for that plataeu

Good Luck!!

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    It seems to me that he wants to see more than what a diet change can do own it's own, I mean the guy weights 163, he could use another 30 pounds IMO. I am also 5'8'' and started this cycle at 177 and I am now at 195 looking leaner than ever and still growing fast. (900mg/week test e HGH 5iu 6 on 1 off). Still have another 5 weeks or so on Test and will run the HGH for 6 months. Good luck man!!!

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    yea understood just saying proper diet will help his cycle be that much better imho

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    I agree with that.

Appreciate all the info fellas.

FCVtec is right on....I'm gonna make sure my diet is optimum but I also want to try GH and test. I'm kinda apprehensive about AAS b/c I still want to have kids in the future and hope this wont interfere with that. Any experience from anyone who had kids after having used AAS?

Quote Originally Posted by FCVtec View Post
    It seems to me that he wants to see more than what a diet change can do own it's own, I mean the guy weights 163, he could use another 30 pounds IMO. I am also 5'8'' and started this cycle at 177 and I am now at 195 looking leaner than ever and still growing fast. (900mg/week test e HGH 5iu 6 on 1 off). Still have another 5 weeks or so on Test and will run the HGH for 6 months. Good luck man!!!
    agreed...first test cycle would yeld great results imo

Thread Information