Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ripped Mass is offline Associate Member

Nipple pic after gyno surgery

Should my nipple look this bad less than two weeks after gyno surgery? I know it's early but there is alot of extra skin on my left nip which had the most gland behind it. My right nip has no extra skin at all just a little crease in it. If you have had procedure could you give me some feedback please?
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nipple pic after gyno surgery-2.19.10-089_edited.jpg   Nipple pic after gyno surgery-2.19.10-092_edited.jpg  

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    well its gunna be swollen and not totally how it will finally look for about 6 months. Do not go out in the sun and if you do cover it honestly or the scarring will get worse. Start rubbing vitamin e and scar stuff on it as much as possible.

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Ouhhh that doesn't look good.. then again i never had the surgery best of luck with it bro.

it doesnt look good lol

The wound is still healing from the stitches, don't I have to wait until everything is healed up before I can put vit. E on it? What scar stuff do you guys recommend?

Currently lubing that sucker up with neosporin a few times a day and bandages. Once it heals and I am not worried about an infection getting in there I will let it air out some.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    well its gunna be swollen and not totally how it will finally look for about 6 months. Do not go out in the sun and if you do cover it honestly or the scarring will get worse. Start rubbing vitamin e and scar stuff on it as much as possible.

dude let it air out all you want the doc well most docs burn that sucker shut and shit. Do you have any before pics?

First one is from last year and the other was taken yesterday. Chest looks way flatter so much better to get that fat out of my chest and right nip looks pretty good but the left one is jacked.

dude let it air out all you want the doc well most docs burn that sucker shut and shit. Do you have any before pics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nipple pic after gyno surgery-cabo-030_edited.jpg   Nipple pic after gyno surgery-2.19.10-068_edited.jpg  

looks good. I would wait at least 2 weeks after surgery, and if it feels painful then longer do not push it man.

So you think I am worried about the extra skin for nothing? Just weird that one could look so good and the other really bad...will it fill in over time?

to many factors maybe the gyno was worse on one side then the other ya know.

Anyone who has had this surgery and experienced anything like this? I know there are alot of you out there!

i have had it twice nothing like that.

go4gold is offline Member
    Why did you get it done twice? they didnt do it right the first time?

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    You have had the gyno surgery twice bj?

yes i had it done twice. multiple things, they dont take all of out, no matter what your doc tells you. My dr. who is a family friend said that if they take out the whole gland the nipple will die. Thats what he said soo i dunno. But using rec drugs can cause gyno to along with booze. FYI.

Yes they are afraid it would collapse that is correct. They say there must be a little gland left behind. BJ did you have a crease or sunken in nips after either surgery?

This doc is not good with communication I mean he is in and out during checkups just keeps saying wait six months for final results....yada yada yada I want some freaking dialog! He has tons of experience but not the personal type.

yes i had it done twice. multiple things, they dont take all of out, no matter what your doc tells you. My dr. who is a family friend said that if they take out the whole gland the nipple will die. Thats what he said soo i dunno. But using rec drugs can cause gyno to along with booze. FYI.

I had like a baseball taken out of my left side and like a golfball out of my right. So thats another reason why they did not remove it all cuase they did not want my chest to look as if it has collapsed. As soon as i started working out again though my chest filled in nicely. I felt a lot weaker the first time and it hurt for 2 months or so i not longer after i did not return to working out for months and months. But this last time i was back at it after two weeks.

My surgery was last Monday and today was my first time to workout since. Only legs today, will try out my bi's on monday. It felt great to get back in, I have been at work all week too and somewhat physical job...first couple days back it was pretty rough. Cant do any pull exercises yet from the lipo they did they came through my arm pits. Hopefully by the end of next week I can get some back in and MAYBE I will try some chest on week #4.

Had to take my vest off to wash it because I sweat quite a bit today and I must say my chest is hurting a tad without it. Put on a under armor shirt that is super tight and that is helping while I wait for that vest to dry. How long did you wear your vest for? I am thinking of ditching it in another week or two-at least during the day-I might sleep with it on for a little longer...

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn;507***6
    I had like a baseball taken out of my left side and like a golfball out of my right. So thats another reason why they did not remove it all cuase they did not want my chest to look as if it has collapsed. As soon as i started working out again though my chest filled in nicely. I felt a lot weaker the first time and it hurt for 2 months or so i not longer after i did not return to working out for months and months. But this last time i was back at it after two weeks.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    ohh man,
    that does not look enjoyable

Stay out of the sun and get some good cream.

I just gave my self a full breast exam 3x.

good luck man, you will need time to heal, thats all

It does not hurt one bit, just looks like shit. Actually both nips still a little numb and shaving my chest it feels weird, like all the nerves are not re-attatched yet. Just feels like I had a really hard chest workout but the pain from it never goes away lol! Hurts when I put my arms up or try to stretch them too but feel 10 times better than a week ago!

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    ohh man,
    that does not look enjoyable

Stay out of the sun and get some good cream.

I just gave my self a full breast exam 3x.

good luck man, you will need time to heal, thats all

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    How much did you pay for the surgery or did insurance cover if you dont mind me asking? I have some gyno going on and if I ever have the money it will be the first thing I do. Most people cant even really tell unless I point it out to them but I hate it.

I didnt really have that $$ so I took a loan from my 401k at work. They will be deducting $20 a week from my check for many moons to come lol! But all interest goes back to me!

Was supposed to be $4200 but they make you sign all this paperwork saying other fees could "come up unexpectedly". My estimated operating time was 60 mins and ended up being 114 mins. So they charge $100 for every 15 minutes over or something like that so they sent me a bill for $400 more after I thought I was free and clear.

The easier the surgery the cheaper it is...every case varies. I had small plum on one side and walnut on the other, plus lipo so yours could be cheaper depending on where you live. No insurance will cover that unless you can prove it is painful to do your job with it. But I have heard some horror stories about general surgeons doing that work so you are better off with a plastic surgeon IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jbran23 View Post
    How much did you pay for the surgery or did insurance cover if you dont mind me asking? I have some gyno going on and if I ever have the money it will be the first thing I do. Most people cant even really tell unless I point it out to them but I hate it.

AnimalJ is offline Associate Member
    when you gain bodyfat does it tend to go to your chest around the nipple area as well?

go4gold is offline Member
    Well chest looks much better. I have always had that bigger chest and would like the flater look. I would also like to hear about other experiences. Most are pretty vague. I would like to know the sucess rate of this surgery. Seems like most with a reasonable plastic doc like the results.

Yes for some reason...it's weird because I grew up a lanky string bean. Complete hardgainer for a while...but supposedly when they lipo fat cells out of your body they are gone for good. They make you watch a video at the plastic surgery place about lipo and it says your body cannot produce new fat cells but existing ones get bigger. So once they are gone they are gone--like brain cells lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalJ View Post
    when you gain bodyfat does it tend to go to your chest around the nipple area as well?

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Dude I had the surgery and my nips looked normal. Yours look shrunken or something. Mention this to your surgen. He will correct this for free if your not satasfied with the final result, at least mine would of.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Do not work out at all. Just take two months off or you will cause the healing process to slow.

GMAN(get"N"swole) is offline Junior Member
    ive had it done and mine doesnt look near that bad lol, vit-e or maybe some anti-scarring cream lol best of luck bro. but at least you dont have man boobies for the rest of your life

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped Mass View Post
    Should my nipple look this bad less than two weeks after gyno surgery? I know it's early but there is alot of extra skin on my left nip which had the most gland behind it. My right nip has no extra skin at all just a little crease in it. If you have had procedure could you give me some feedback please?
    Thanks!
    Give it some more time to heal. Who did the surgery for you?

Just a very qualified plastic surgeon in my area. He is in late 50's and been team doctor for olympic teams and does drug testing for the olympics as well. Found him on many different gyno websites so he knows his stuff, I did alot of research before I selected a surgeon. My other nipple looks great can barely even tell it was cut on but other one not exactly "pretty" at this point lol. I know its early but damn when I try to wear a tight shirt without my compression vest you can see the little extra skin! Went from having a plum size lump behind my nip to this....I guess this is still better!

QUOTE=****;5078555]Give it some more time to heal. Who did the surgery for you?[/QUOTE]

The scar is not of my concern that will fade with time I am talking about the extra skin flap or whatever you call that. Did you have any loose nipple skin or anything like that that tightened up over time? How long ago did you have procedure and are you satisfied with your results? Yay for no more man boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN(get"N"swole) View Post
    ive had it done and mine doesnt look near that bad lol, vit-e or maybe some anti-scarring cream lol best of luck bro. but at least you dont have man boobies for the rest of your life

spicyer is offline Associate Member
    I had mine done over 3 years ago. Even though it may not be painful or feel swollen it is. I was instructed to use compression garment on chest and stomach (2 seperate procedures done), and after stitches were out I started using mederma scar gel and continued to use for over 6 months, my nipples are perfect and waist 75%, but waist was huge incision from side to side. Good Luck!

baynethebluepit is offline Junior Member
    I had a similar but wierd experience. When I was say 15 16 I was smoking alot of pot. So one day I got these to weird balls behing my nipples. One went away but the other literally grew like a boob. At this age I was horrified to take my shirt off obvieously. it bothered me to the point were I payed a hack six hundo cash to do lipo but it didn't do the whole job. It evened it out but not all the way, It still bothers me to this day and is still tender and painful when pushed on. The only way is to be put under and cut open which you know Ins isn't gonna cover, but i feel your pain,literally. Good luck

big l is offline Junior Member
    I think that 2 weeks is not much time to expect it to look perfect. I know when I get tattoos it takes my skin at least a month to heal and after that it continues to heal more. Just relax, you look good. And I know tattoos are way different than gyno surgery but its my only reference.

bigmeyhem is offline New Member

bigmeyhem

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped Mass View Post
    First one is from last year and the other was taken yesterday. Chest looks way flatter so much better to get that fat out of my chest and right nip looks pretty good but the left one is jacked.
    can anyone tell me a good doctor to have this proceedure . i was going to prague but i cant seem to find testamonials from any one .

funone32 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Ripped Mass... I've had the procedure done... my gyno was very much like yours, only i've always had a higher body fat content so i had a little more puffiness in the nipples.

My surgeon told me the same thing... that they will only take out so much, and that i may need to do the surgery again, but for a different reason then you've posted. I would suspect the gland is important to keep intact, but my surgeon told me that if too much is taken out, there is a possibility of the nipple becoming concave. In retrospect i think that was a total crock considering if so much tissue is removed that the nipple would cave in... it would probably just rest on the Pectoral muscle and look flat, which is the point of the entire procedure... Im happy that i got the surgery, but my results arent as good as yours.

Regarding your nipple and the extra skin flat... i wouldn't worry... you're body still has 6 months of healing ahead of it, and in that time, the extra skin will very likely reform into place. But i would be a little more in-your-face with your surgeon. You want to know from him, not any of us, whether you have reason to be concerned or not. So give it a couple more weeks... take more pics for comparison, and if its still looking the same, time to get some answers from the doc....

Good news... there is a simple fix... bad news... it involves slicing off the extra skin... and i doubt anyone's going to knock you out for that.

But congratulations on the surgery... i had gyno from my teenage years and it was extremely debilitating socially. I got my surgery 7 years ago, and have always been happy with my decision... although i may go for another round to get that perfectly sculpted flat look you have.

bigmeyhem,

you asked about recommending a good doctor... Interesting because i never really considered traveling to get my procedure... there was a surgeon in my city and i just went there. However, Prague if you've never been is a beautiful city, but i dont know if i'd ever travel outside of North America for something like this.

I'm well travelled so i'll offer my personal observations, but pretty much EVERYWHERE else on the plannet... self image is not as high an obsession... dont get me wrong... it obviously is important... you will break your own neck keeping up with the unbelievably beautiful women walking around there... but cosmetic surgery is nowhere near as marketable as it is here... which means, although a surgeon there can perform the operation... an surgeon in the States, or Canada (that's me), will have performed the same operation hundreds of times, thus allowing for a more thorough understanding of the issues and the efficient application of his instruments.

So it would be my logical deduction that you are far better off going someplace well known for this sort of thing, maybe LA? and paying out of your arse for something that will be guaranteed to be a success.

ALSO, dont go to cuba (if you can), Mexico, or any south American countries to get surgery... its just not worth the risk.

Well thanks for the kind remarks...my next checkup is in a month so we will see how it looks then. I had a doctor on a gyno website say it could be swelling of the nipple and not extra skin-but it does not look swollen to me but what the hell do I know most of my chest is still somewhat numb anyways.

Yeah the doc I don't know if he's just all business or really busy but man he is just in and out of the room, does not offer much detail just lets his nurses or whoever they are do the dirty work then he just swoops in for a look and he's outta there. When I did try to bring it up last time he just said I was healing well and I will not know the final results for six months so I guess its a waiting game. I was just hoping someone else on here might have looked worse than mine in the early stages and healed up good as new with time.

Do you know how long you have to wait to put scar treatment on and stop covering the nips with bandages and let those babies air out? I would hate to let them get some air and slow the healing process down but I thought air was good for healing sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by funone32 View Post
    Hey Ripped Mass... I've had the procedure done... my gyno was very much like yours, only i've always had a higher body fat content so i had a little more puffiness in the nipples.

My surgeon told me the same thing... that they will only take out so much, and that i may need to do the surgery again, but for a different reason then you've posted. I would suspect the gland is important to keep intact, but my surgeon told me that if too much is taken out, there is a possibility of the nipple becoming concave. In retrospect i think that was a total crock considering if so much tissue is removed that the nipple would cave in... it would probably just rest on the Pectoral muscle and look flat, which is the point of the entire procedure... Im happy that i got the surgery, but my results arent as good as yours.

Regarding your nipple and the extra skin flat... i wouldn't worry... you're body still has 6 months of healing ahead of it, and in that time, the extra skin will very likely reform into place. But i would be a little more in-your-face with your surgeon. You want to know from him, not any of us, whether you have reason to be concerned or not. So give it a couple more weeks... take more pics for comparison, and if its still looking the same, time to get some answers from the doc....

Good news... there is a simple fix... bad news... it involves slicing off the extra skin... and i doubt anyone's going to knock you out for that.

But congratulations on the surgery... i had gyno from my teenage years and it was extremely debilitating socially. I got my surgery 7 years ago, and have always been happy with my decision... although i may go for another round to get that perfectly sculpted flat look you have.

Hey, as far as airing the nipples out... not sure... see i think your procedure was a little less involved then mine. When i was out of the clinic, i had drainage tubes sticking out of me for about two weeks so to constantly drain the access fluid buildup behind and bellow the area. I was shocked when i saw how long they were... and yes... they just pulled them right out of a whole under my nipple without any warning... didnt feel great.

But, after that i had two holes that i was worried about closing... well, no additional stitches were required.. they just healed up nice... and to be completely honest, i didnt do any scar treatment at all, other then giving them air, which i believe was around the time they took the tubes out.

Honestly i wouldn't worry... if the surrounding area was inflamed and infected, or soar or tender i would be worried. Your body is going to heal itself up just fine and you'll look amazing when its done.

On a slightly interesting note... a month after my surgery, my buddy had his bachelor party and after a long night of drinks, we took him to a massage parlour. Well, needless to say there was one attendant that we all had to have a go with, but come my turn, i had to explain to this girl to be VERY careful around the chest area, and better to avoid it all together because of my surgery... She had had a breast reduction as a teen and could relate so we ended up having a laugh over that... then she promptly went to work... for which i was very much satisfied. lol

charliev is offline New Member
    i know this is a very old thread so please dont hate but i had my gyno surgery a few days ago and looked nothing like this. hope it turned ut well buddy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information