Wayacrucis is offline Associate Member

Can I miss the muscle while injecting?

Today I was shooting up 1CC into my right delt. This spot is always a bit hard for me, since I gotta use my left hand. I had the needle pretty much all the way in (1 Inch needle) but when I was done injecting, I noticed that the syringe and the needle weren't lined up. I was in at a 90 degree angle, it was almost like it was directly in, but I had too much pressure on the syringe, so I have a feeling the needle might have moved a bit. I also don't feel as sore as I usually get, could I have completely missed the muscle :/?

big an rich is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayacrucis View Post
    Today I was shooting up 1CC into my right delt. This spot is always a bit hard for me, since I gotta use my left hand. I had the needle pretty much all the way in (1 Inch needle) but when I was done injecting, I noticed that the syringe and the needle weren't lined up. I was in at a 90 degree angle, it was almost like it was directly in, but I had too much pressure on the syringe, so I have a feeling the needle might have moved a bit. I also don't feel as sore as I usually get, could I have completely missed the muscle :/?
    Not unless you stick the needle into your head...

Seriously I doubt very much anyone could miss the muscle, you should have quite a large area to get that tiny needle into.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you should be fine, ive injected an are and its hurt like hell and the nxt time ive done the same area its painless

workoutfreak078 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayacrucis View Post

If you are sticking a one inch needle into your glute you are definitely hitting the muscle. If you have a lot of fat in the area, get a 1.5 inch needle.
    Last edited by workoutfreak078; 03-04-2010 at 08:34 AM.

alpmaster is offline Member
    ...did you even read what you quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by alpmaster View Post
    ...did you even read what you quoted?

...yes.

If you inject a one inch needle into your glute, it is going into the muscle, even if you move it around. I was just telling him it doesn't matter what he did, it was in the muscle. If I am not seeing something here, feel free to correct me. But I really see nothing wrong here...

Wayacrucis is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by workoutfreak078 View Post
    ...yes.

If you inject a one inch needle into your glute, it is going into the muscle, even if you move it around. I was just telling him it doesn't matter what he did, it was in the muscle. If I am not seeing something here, feel free to correct me. But I really see nothing wrong here...
    I injected into my shoulder, not glute.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by workoutfreak078 View Post
    ...yes.

he's talking about delts

Oh, wow! How the hell did I miss that. Sorry about that.

EXSEAL1 is offline Banned
    Very doubtful..... You got the muscle or tendon thats fo sho....lol....Unless you have some insanly long needle

Thread Information