system admin is offline Owner

Info on IF you inject a small peice of rubber from the top of a vial

If you are like me and use a draw needle to make it easier to fill a syringe, you will most likely notice (at one time or another) some tiny rubber bits floating around in your bottle.

Well, I am usually pretty damn good at not sucking up one of those fragments, but the other day, I think I injected a tiny peice into my ass and its been sore as shit for a few days now.

I wanted everyone to know that if this does happen to you, it will most likely NOT be a big deal and if the rubber bit was sterile (as it should be), your body may react to that peice being there by becoming sore and possibly create a small hard lump (scar tissue) where the rubber bit is.

If this happens to you or you suspect that this has happend, be on the look out for the injection site to become red and warm to the touch. IF this happens (which it should not in most cases), go see a doctor as you might have an infection. My advise is to use a filter just to be safe, but if you dont... you should be fine either way.

Stay safe and healthy

Bc

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I use a 22g to draw, so it doesn't tear up the stopper. What gauge were you using?

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    I use a 22g to draw, so it doesn't tear up the stopper. What gauge were you using?
    22 gauge will tear it up enough.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    id of though any gauge has the potiential to lodge a piece of rubber, they are hollow afta all

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Z View Post
    22 gauge will tear it up enough.
    It doesn't leave any real visible damage to the stoppers. Maybe it depends on the quality of the stoppers, but my 30ml vials have held up just fine.

Thread Information