noobie1 is offline New Member

deca blood clot??

Ok..let me start out by saying that I know absolutely nothing about steroid use . This is my first post and just need a couple of questions answered.

My brother started a deca cycle (injectable) about 2 months ago (who also knows absolutely nothing about steroid use and did no research before starting it). Yes..I know he's a dumba$$ for that and now I'm pretty sure he does too. Anyway...about a month ago he started having a bad pain in his left leg. After about a week the pain went away but the leg started bruising and swelling something awful. He was stubborn and never considered that the deca might have caused this so he never went to the doctor. About a week ago the swelling was even worse and his leg had turned blood red from his ankle to his knee so he finally got worried enough to go the hospital this past Saturday and the doctor did an mri and told him he had a blood clot. They started him on blood thinners and he should be out of the hospital this morning sometime.

My brother is 36 and this is his first time using any kind of steroid and if I were betting I'd say his last. Btw..he hasn't injected in about 2 weeks now. My questions are..do ya'll think the blood clot was do to the deca? Should he worry about any future complications? What is the proper way to run a deca cycle and what else should he have been taking with it? (He wasn't taking anything alongside it and from the little bit that I've read on it he should have been). Anyway..thanks in advance for any responses.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure about the blood clot part, but he needs to start running a pct.

Does he have a pct set up?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noobie1 View Post
    Ok..let me start out by saying that I know absolutely nothing about steroid use . This is my first post and just need a couple of questions answered.

My brother started a deca cycle (injectable) about 2 months ago (who also knows absolutely nothing about steroid use and did no research before starting it). Yes..I know he's a dumba$$ for that and now I'm pretty sure he does too. Anyway...about a month ago he started having a bad pain in his left leg. After about a week the pain went away but the leg started bruising and swelling something awful. He was stubborn and never considered that the deca might have caused this so he never went to the doctor. About a week ago the swelling was even worse and his leg had turned blood red from his ankle to his knee so he finally got worried enough to go the hospital this past Saturday and the doctor did an mri and told him he had a blood clot. They started him on blood thinners and he should be out of the hospital this morning sometime.

My brother is 36 and this is his first time using any kind of steroid and if I were betting I'd say his last. Btw..he hasn't injected in about 2 weeks now. My questions are..do ya'll think the blood clot was do to the deca? Should he worry about any future complications? What is the proper way to run a deca cycle and what else should he have been taking with it? (He wasn't taking anything alongside it and from the little bit that I've read on it he should have been). Anyway..thanks in advance for any responses.
    Its possible that the deca could have elevated his rbc count high enough to precipitate a DVT. Blood work would be required to know for sure. Does he have any other medical conditions?

noobie1 is offline New Member
    D7M...he does not have a pct. What would you suggest? Is the pct for bringing his test back to normal?

tboney...He has no other medical conditions. He's healthy for the most part. Drinks too much but healthy. He's probably 6' 180lbs.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    I would get a full physical! Blood work, cardiovasular work up...the full gammet. His doc needs to find out what caused his dvt.

Thread Information