fattywarbucks is offline Associate Member

best for lasting strength gains

I should start by mentioning that I've never one rep maxed any lift. I find that safe, working strength is far more valuable that testing exactly how much weight you can drop on your face. This is what I would like to increase, working, functional strength.

My question is, what is actually best for LASTING strength gains in the 3-8 rep range?

Id rather increase the strength,then alow the muscle time to build into its power, rather than quickly swell.

Also joint, ligament, and tendon effects of any mentioned substance? But I can just research that on my own.

Thanks

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fattywarbucks View Post
    I should start by mentioning that I've never one rep maxed any lift. I find that safe, working strength is far more valuable that testing exactly how much weight you can drop on your face. This is what I would like to increase, working, functional strength.

My question is, what is actually best for LASTING strength gains in the 3-8 rep range?

Id rather increase the strength,then alow the muscle time to build into its power, rather than quickly swell.

Also joint, ligament, and tendon effects of any mentioned substance? But I can just research that on my own.

Thanks
    well you kinda need to so you can work out percentages, any compound will help with strength mostly. its the trainin routinue tht matters most, ie pllifting

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    well you kinda need to so you can work out percentages, any compound will help with strength mostly. its the trainin routinue tht matters most, ie pllifting
    I use a combination of percentages calculated from a ten rep max (which I'm aware is less accurate) and an augmented 5x5 for strength increase. I only focus on compound lifts followed by a few high rep isolations at theworkouts end.

I'm still progressing very well naturally, and I'm asking now to have the research already completeded should the time arise when I meet an extended plateau.

Educating me on gains you have experienced will not encourage me to choose chemical over a proper diet and workout program.

I'm not seeking influence, just education through your experience

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Thanks

ANAVAR and creatine make a nice strength stack,,,plust gains with ANAVAR are easily maintained after cycle.

Blog Entries
    I use a combination of percentages calculated from a ten rep max (which I'm aware is less accurate) and an augmented 5x5 for strength increase. I only focus on compound lifts followed by a few high rep isolations at theworkouts end.

I'm still progressing very well naturally, and I'm asking now to have the research already completeded should the time arise when I meet an extended plateau.

Educating me on gains you have experienced will not encourage me to choose chemical over a proper diet and workout program.

I'm not seeking influence, just education through your experience
    what are you on about? and im talking about 15yrs natural strength training, so dont assume, you ask about substances, i answered, i dont get your reply its kinda stupid

Quote Originally Posted by declan11 View Post
    what are you on about? and im talking about 15yrs natural strength training, so dont assume, you ask about substances, i answered, i dont get your reply its kinda stupid
    Sorry, when you said compound, I thought you meant compound lift, rather than anabolic compound. Kind of a douchey misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that

I appreciate the var/creatine combo mention. Anyhting else favored

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Try going for your 1RM sometimes, it's good to put your body under that extreme weight every now and then. For a while every time I deadlifted I would just go for my 1RM and it kept going up and up and up. If you're not used to it your body could respond to it.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, when you said compound, I thought you meant compound lift, rather than anabolic compound. Kind of a douchey misunderstanding on my part. Sorry about that

I appreciate the var/creatine combo mention. Anyhting else favored
    no prob pal, and the comment Lats made there is also very good advice

Thread Information