redescalade100 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation do i have an infection?

I spot injected test in my left bicep first time on Monday (2 days ago) and it seems puffy and swollen and can't see my veins anymore even part of my forearm is puffy and some but very little redness. I couldn't extend my arm all the way or flex or bring my arm up all the way as if I was going to flex without it hurting bad. Today I can extend and move my arm a lot better. This happened to me in the past with first time injections on quad shoulder and glute but I just want to know forsure and what should I do if I do have an infection...thanks

cobra305 is offline Member
    is the area red and hot to touch? has the swelling gone down any?

It does seem a bit warm and if I press on it u can see my finger marks then they dissappear and I can't tell if the swelling has gone down...a little cus I can see more veins then yesterday

generally if you had an infection the site would be significantly hotter to touch then the surrounding area. If the swelling is subsiding I would keep an eye on it and if the swelling gets worse or it feels hot to touch I would get it checked out.

You said this has happened to you in the past with first time site inj, so you are probably fine. did you swab the area with alcohol pad and practice sterile technique when drawing and inj?

Ok cool thanks. I use one needle to draw with and another to shoot. I pad the top of the vial and where I'm inj. I was told never to pad the needle ur going to shoot with

you should not touch the needle or pad it

Ok so I've been good if it gets worse ill go to the doc but so far its gotten better since yesterday. Thanks

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Have you been using this gear right along with no problem? If so, it's probably just a sore injection. I used to hit my bi's but I got too much pain from them. Also, swelling and redness and there was no infection. I often get injection sites that are warm, it just means there's blood there not necessarily an infection.

FWIW: I had an infection on my quad a couple of years back and I also had no fever.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Have you been using this gear right along with no problem? If so, it's probably just a sore injection. I used to hit my bi's but I got too much pain from them. Also, swelling and redness and there was no infection. I often get injection sites that are warm, it just means there's blood there not necessarily an infection.

FWIW: I had an infection on my quad a couple of years back and I also had no fever.
    Ya no problem so ur right just sore. I don't think bis are good choice anymore haha thanks

Thread Information