JBarron is offline Member

cutting before cycling?

I read that it's good to have lower bodyfat when starting a cycle, because you will be less likely to get ERSE's.

My bodyfat is at about 12-13% right now, I've been lean bulking for the past two months, and if your bulking properly your gonna gain some fat.

So should I attempt to drop down to say around 10% before cycling? Or is the statement I made above only in cases where body fat is a bit higher say around 16-20%?

buump

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Most people will agree that you should be under 14-15% minimum before cycling. The leaner the better, but if you are where you say you are at then you are in a "good" zone. If you think you could cut another 2% then thats even better. I really liked my last cycle as I started it around 9% and it made the changes all the more noticable. So just the phsycological aspect of lifting and seeing your striations and veins really helps you workout harder and acheive gains faster or just pefect the little areas you notice more when not covered by as much fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Most people will agree that you should be under 14-15% minimum before cycling. The leaner the better, but if you are where you say you are at then you are in a "good" zone. If you think you could cut another 2% then thats even better. I really liked my last cycle as I started it around 9% and it made the changes all the more noticable. So just the phsycological aspect of lifting and seeing your striations and veins really helps you workout harder and acheive gains faster or just pefect the little areas you notice more when not covered by as much fat.
    Awesome! thanks for the reply, I will try to drop it down to 9 or 10% before I start. I'm kind of glad to cut a bit, trying to consume around 5,000 cals a day is getting to me!

Thread Information