snowfox is offline Associate Member

Proviron and hair loss.

I have shed a lot of hair over the years and it's hereditary. I still have a full scalp of hair though it's thinning all over...not just the front and top, but also the sides and back, which would actually be the last to thin out.

Would the low dosage proviron I am taking (25mg/day) make me shed like crazy? It's a very low dose and it's for estrogen control.

anyone?

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    it is a dht so hair loss could be a problem. It all depends on how you react to it. If your worried about hairloss you should stay away from dht steroids as they will most likely speed up the process.

Besides my hair thinning out, also without proviron ...I have no other virilization symptoms whatsoever. No acne, no increased facial or body hair growth and no increased sebum. so I'm a litlle bit baffled. Perhaps the hair thinning has some other root cause as 25mg/day is truely a very low dose.

Proviron hasn't got a very long half life but could I cut it down to eod and still reduce too much estrogen floating around?

tronics is offline Associate Member
    im having the same issue i want to run 50/day proviron but i dont want to push my hairline back...

u guys think spiro/duta/nizoral 2% would do the trick or prob not too much bc its a dht?

Nizoral (ketoconazole shampoo) doesn't do anything, perhaps make it even worse. I get the 20mg/gr prescription shampoo and have used it for many months. Doesn't work for me.

Thread Information