wrathchild212 is offline Associate Member

Eye Surgery and Steroids...?!

Hey all, im about to do a Laser eye surgery so i can stop using glasses..after i did my tests and all, the doc after i finish the operation i gotta stop juicing for atleast 6 months !!!!! he said cuz it slows down your recovery processes and ur eye site might get worse again..

Any body have an idea if this is true? or he's being a dumbass?

JScondition is offline Member
    Usually you can't be working out for quite some time because the intraocular pressure can cause damage to the surgery site on the eye. Steroids also slow the healing process... at least cortico steroids do, I'm not sure about AAS. Are you sure the doc meant anabolics and not steroids like a long acting inhaler or cortisone packs?

JasonT is offline Member
    The first 6 months after surgery are the most crucial and will determine how your recovery goes. You have to keep your eyes lubricated constantly among other things. I would take his advice while simultaneously doing my own research on the subject.

biggerguns is offline Associate Member
    I was on cycle when i had lasik. It does not matter or affect it. Just make sure to use the dam eye drops everyday for at least 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JScondition View Post
    Usually you can't be working out for quite some time because the intraocular pressure can cause damage to the surgery site on the eye. Steroids also slow the healing process... at least cortico steroids do, I'm not sure about AAS. Are you sure the doc meant anabolics and not steroids like a long acting inhaler or cortisone packs?
    He meant anabolic steroids .

Well this is the thing people are different..same may get hurt some wont even notice anything. i researched and i couldnt find some good quality info related to this subject

Dont wana loose what i gained all these years

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    I had lasik 6 weeks ago on a Friday and was back in the gym on a Sunday. My eye doctor never told me anything about the two of then interfering. In fact he told me I could exercise and be fine

JasonT is offline Member
    ^^^ Same here....I took around 5 days off the gym after my lasik. I had it done on a friday and was back to work on monday.

He said its fine to exercise..but STEROIDS is the key word here..is it fine to still take em?

slimy is offline Associate Member
    I, too, had the lasik surgery while I was on cycle. Recovered fine. Took less than a week off at the gym.

biggerguns is offline Associate Member
    The one thing i would watch out for is building to much pressure in the eyes. Like the vasalva thing or holding your breath while lifting something heavy. My eyes hurt for the first six months when building pressure in the eyes.

Thread Information