Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

First injection this morning - test e

So I did my first injection this morning, and wanted to share the experience to get some feedback. 250mg test e, pinned in the right quad. Used an 18g to draw, and pinned with a 23g 1 inch.

Before drawing, I pulled back on the plunger to the same level of oil I would be drawing. I 'injected' the air into the vial, turned the vial upside down and started to draw. I actually didn't have to draw much at all; the air I shot into the vial kind of forced the plunger back out on it's own - is this normal/what we want? I also had a very tough time reading the black markings on the syringe with the black plunger there... maybe I'm just retarted. Little air bubble was already at the top near the plunger, really no need to flick. Hope this was right?

Cleaned the injection site with an alcohol swab, and went straight in, no pain at all. Pulled back on the plunger and saw no blood (found this to be kind of clumsy feeling though?). Slowly injected, took about 30 seconds. pulled straight out, slapped on a band aid and applied some pressure/light massaging for a minute - no blood at all, not even a little dot on the band aid!

So far, no pain or discomfort, we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Will be doing the left quad Wednesday evening.

Question - is it ok to reuse the 18g to draw over and over again? I only have 1 of them at the moment. I did alcohol swab the top of the vial as well before drawing.

I look forward to your feedback!

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I would not reuse your 18g needle bro, throw it away (in a sharps box), keep things as clean and as simple as possible...

Yes after forcing air into your vial your test enter the syringe with ease..

Good job man...

twocane is offline New Member
    Yhea nice going when I injected in my quad it was very sore.I never tried that again stuck the glutes.

InknSteel is offline Associate Member
    Looks good man! I agree with 007 and would say don't reuse the 18g drawing needle. Better to be safe/sterile than sorry. ar-r has them cheap enough and they come fast. You may be a little sore the next few days, when I did my first quad pin of test-e I felt fine all day then the next few days I was a little limpy but nothing too bad at all, just virgin muscle. GL with your cycle

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    nice clean injection imo. throw away needle in a sharps box

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will definitely not reuse the draw pin - i'll hit up AR-R tomorrow - I need to get my clomid and nolva anyway.

The overall area of the injection site is already slightly sore, but nothing to cry about. I'll just assume that it will be a bit more sore over the next couple of days.

Luckily leg day isn't until Thursday; unfortunately I have to pin the other quad Wednesday night! So i'll be a one big leg having mofo lol. I may explore pinning the delt in the future.

russiandave is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like u did ur homework and all went according to plan. Good job man. And I agree , don't reuse any needles.

InknSteel is offline Associate Member
    I would def try delts at some point man. I pinned quads only for about 5 weeks then switched to delts and I find it much better. Was a little awkward pinning my right delt the first time (i'm righty) and had to have my wife aspirate for me but the second time was easier.

kluska3999 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I will definitely not reuse the draw pin - i'll hit up AR-R tomorrow - I need to get my clomid and nolva anyway.

The overall area of the injection site is already slightly sore, but nothing to cry about. I'll just assume that it will be a bit more sore over the next couple of days.

Luckily leg day isn't until Thursday; unfortunately I have to pin the other quad Wednesday night! So i'll be a one big leg having mofo lol. I may explore pinning the delt in the future.
    i thought you were always only supposed to use the right side of the body..?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kluska3999 View Post
    And your about to run a cycle.........

You need to spend less time posting and more time reading...

Quote Originally Posted by InknSteel View Post
    I would def try delts at some point man. I pinned quads only for about 5 weeks then switched to delts and I find it much better. Was a little awkward pinning my right delt the first time (i'm righty) and had to have my wife aspirate for me but the second time was easier.
    $hitty as it sounds, i'm kind of doing this on the DL from the wife... she wouldn't be too happy based on her reaction in the past when i've brought it up.

I'm righty too; it'll be sloppy, but i'll do my best. I'm going to wait and see how the quads feel after going through a full 2 weeks.

Tomorrow is when the cycle 'officially' kicks off - i'll be starting 30mg dbol /day for 4 weeks, and .25mg Arimidex EOD. I just wanted to get the test going today so I don't have to fumble around at 4am tomorrow morning before the gym!

I've never even heard that - where did you pick this up from???

Blog Entries
    I've never even heard that - where did you pick this up from???
    Trust me he's about 17 years old and talking a load of rubbish...

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Trust me he's about 17 years old and talking a load of rubbish...
    Ewww, nuff said!

24 hours later - no additional pain, injection site is less sore if anything. So far so good - now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that this isn't bunk gear... =\

Focusmen is offline Associate Member
    give it a lil more time. ive never had a tes injection that i couldnt feel atleast a little the next days. maybe u just have really good shiza.lol

JasonT is offline Member
    g'luck with your cycle bro....are you doing a log?

I'm on the same cycle/same schedule (test/dbol , pinning sun morning/wednesday night). This week marks my 3rd week.

My original plan was to start yesterday (to time it better for summer), but i had everything in hand and felt ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Focusmen View Post
    give it a lil more time. ive never had a tes injection that i couldnt feel atleast a little the next days. maybe u just have really good shiza.lol
    Oh, no doubt - I didn't mean that I think I should feel anything by now, I just meant in general that I hope this is good gear and i'm not wasting my time and money! =)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonT View Post
    g'luck with your cycle bro....are you doing a log?

I'm on the same cycle/same schedule (test/dbol , pinning sun morning/wednesday night). This week marks my 3rd week.

My original plan was to start yesterday (to time it better for summer), but i had everything in hand and felt ready.
    Thanks bro! I haven't started a log yet but I really should. Glad we're on the same schedule, let's stay in touch and compare results!

So you're 3 weeks in - can you tell whether or not the test kicked in yet? Has 3 weeks of dbol done anything for you? (I assume you're running dbol weeks 1-4?).

Good luck to you too man!

JasonT is offline Member
    Thanks bro! I haven't started a log yet but I really should. Glad we're on the same schedule, let's stay in touch and compare results!

So you're 3 weeks in - can you tell whether or not the test kicked in yet? Has 3 weeks of dbol done anything for you? (I assume you're running dbol weeks 1-4?).

Good luck to you too man!
    Here's my log: Test E & Dbol - 1st Cycle

I think i can feel the test creeping in, judging by my libido and sleep pattern, but it could just all be in my head.

Just starting on week 3, so the 2 weeks of dbol have given me better pumps in the gym. I'm up 4 lbs. or so, but nothing major. I'm expecting to see some nice gains in these next 2 weeks.

I started at 30mgs/day for the first 2 weeks and, starting yesterday, upped it to 40mgs/day. I also started hcg and adex yesterday (no testicular atrophy yet, but just to be on the safe side).

Is your dbol in pill form?

I'm monitoring your log now. =)

JasonT is offline Member
    Yeah, 10mg tabs

omgjimmyfricke is offline Junior Member
    can someone explain to me why you need one size pin to draw and another size pin to inject? And how you go about doing this?

Trying to take in all the info i can before i ever start

JasonT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omgjimmyfricke View Post
    can someone explain to me why you need one size pin to draw and another size pin to inject? And how you go about doing this?

Trying to take in all the info i can before i ever start
    so you decided to post a random question in someone else's thread?

you draw with a thicker needle because it's easier, you inject with a thinner needle because it's less painful. Also, the needle you draw with will become "duller" after penetrating the rubber stopper on the vial, so you want a fresh needle to inject with.

Yeah, 10mg tabs
    I wish I had tabs; not digging the liquid too much... way hard to ingest 10mg worth... that's like a drop!

Kiki is offline Associate Member

Anyways gbrice, GJ man, and goodluck with your cycle, you've definitely worked hard and you deserve all the gains you can possibly get.

BTW with test E, you'll probably never feel any discomfort. Out of everything i've ever used, test E is the least painful thing i've ever injected, actually I never feel any pain, unlike prop or winstrol (winstrol pain is just too much, always end up drinking it).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post

Anyways gbrice, GJ man, and goodluck with your cycle, you've definitely worked hard and you deserve all the gains you can possibly get.

BTW with test E, you'll probably never feel any discomfort. Out of everything i've ever used, test E is the least painful thing i've ever injected, actually I never feel any pain, unlike prop or winstrol (winstrol pain is just too much, always end up drinking it).
    Thanks bro! The muscle near the injection site is a bit more sore today, but nothing I can't deal with. No redness, swelling, no sign of infection, etc. I should be g2g. Next injection tomorrow night, hoping this one will go even better.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    gbrice u have a pm

JasonT is offline Member
    How's the soreness today GB?

How's the soreness today GB?
    Still present, but not bad at all. It actually feels like the same soreness as after a leg workout - more of a sore muscle vs. the actual injection. I have a feeling by tomorrow (leg day!) it will be all but gone. Pinning the other quad tonight - hopefully that soreness won't be fully kicked in by tomorrow's am leg training session!

Blog Entries
    Still present, but not bad at all. It actually feels like the same soreness as after a leg workout - more of a sore muscle vs. the actual injection. I have a feeling by tomorrow (leg day!) it will be all but gone. Pinning the other quad tonight - hopefully that soreness won't be fully kicked in by tomorrow's am leg training session!
    i find that when i do legs the injection pain gets flushed away after a few warm up sets then im good to go for some heavy working sets....maybee it will work for you too...

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    i find that when i do legs the injection pain gets flushed away after a few warm up sets then im good to go for some heavy working sets....maybee it will work for you too...
    I hope so! Right now i'm just hoping and waiting for the dbol to kick in... I'm looking forward to working out with more intensity... but still not even 100% of the dbol being legit... only on the 3rd day, so I'll start worrying after a solid week or so.

Just finished my 2nd injection, left quad. Surprisingly, I had less trouble the first time. This could be for a few reasons:

1) i'm righty, so it was obviously easier for me to do my right quad

2) I had to draw with a 23g this time (last time I used an 18g but had none left for this time) - after drawing, I realized that there was only a tiny bit of oil in the syringe and the rest was air! I had to go back into the vial (hope this is ok) and draw again - got the oil out this time.

3) pinning hurt alot more this time for some reason. I aspirated to check for blood, but saw nothing. Again, I found this to feel VERY clumsy. It was as if I was tugging on the plunger and it was pulling on the whole syringe, not like the plunger was 'sucking' from within my body to check for blood. I had no choice but to move forward.

4) Slowly injected, no problem with that. However, when I pulled out there was alot of blood this time (none at all the 1st time) - could this mean I hit (and injected into) a vein? The blood did stop almost instantly however.

All in all i'm disappointed. I was really hoping this one would go even better than the 1st time. For now, looking forward to Sunday so I can do my right quad again!

russiandave is offline Associate Member
    I'm no pro by any means but I feel comfortable with giving u a few answers.

Putting the pin back in to get oil since u only pulled air is fine. It dulls the needle but if it's a draw needle that u are going to swap out it doesn't make a difference. I personally re alchohol anytime I have to insert the pin. Better safe than sorry.

Don't feel bad about it being awkward because we r both new to this. It takes time to get a feel for it. I actually have my fiancé pin my IM shots now.

Blood when pulling out no biggie you probably nicked a vein. I'm sure we all do it.

Thanks RD. IF one did accidentally (or carelessly) inject into a vein, what's the worst that can happen? Are we talking about a hospital visit here?

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    if you aspirate you should not inject into a vein... if you did you could have severe shortness of breath possible faint but unlikely hospital prolly not but you may feel as if you should do to oil pulminary embolism... its best to make sure you aspirate properly

the plunger being difficult to pull bake on is pretty much normal do to the vacuum created... it will also once you pull back seem to suck right back against the oil

quad injections are easy to hit veins and nerves.... I still pin there but would rather do pecs or delts although delts can be tricky to aspirate as well

First6 is offline Member
    A couple of things here.

As said. You don't want to reuse a needle.

If you get some in a vein - in addition to what was said you may have a severe coffing fit that lasts several minutes.
    Did you get some in a vein - based on your description - NO. Wait a few months and you see the second shot you had is more like a normal shot. A small pin head of blood arising to the top is fine. A slight drip down the leg is fine.

Shake the test before you draw it into the needle.

You can warm the bottle under running water a little to make things easier for your self. (you will not need a draw needle. - It draws much easier) Don't make it hot - you can burn your muscle if you go overboard on the heat.

Always swab the bottle top and your injection site first - then draw and then never let the needle touch Anything.

Your doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson1968 View Post
    the plunger being difficult to pull bake on is pretty much normal do to the vacuum created... it will also once you pull back seem to suck right back against the oil
    Yes, this is exactly what happened, I couldn't put it into words properly. I didn't feel like I did a thorough job aspirating because of this, but didn't know what else to do. I was also worried about pulling too much and getting a bunch of air that would only be injected back into the muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by First6 View Post
    A couple of things here.

As said. You don't want to reuse a needle.

Already on this one - placed an order with AR-R =)

If you get some in a vein - in addition to what was said you may have a severe coffing fit that lasts several minutes.
    Did you get some in a vein - based on your description - NO. Wait a few months and you see the second shot you had is more like a normal shot. A small pin head of blood arising to the top is fine. A slight drip down the leg is fine.

Yea, based on this I definitely did not hit/inject into a vein. The blood was a bit more than slight, but like I said, it did stop almost immediately after I wiped it

Shake the test before you draw it into the needle.

Will do from now on. I'm always worried about any getting out of the vial

You can warm the bottle under running water a little to make things easier for your self. (you will not need a draw needle. - It draws much easier) Don't make it hot - you can burn your muscle if you go overboard on the heat.

I've heard of people doing this, but was worried about contamination. You think it's ok?

Always swab the bottle top and your injection site first - then draw and then never let the needle touch Anything.

Always do. Basically been drawing, recapping the needle, changing needles, swabbing injection site, then pinning.

Your doing great!

Thanks bro! =)
    Thanks First6, comments above in bold.

First6 is offline Member
    Thanks First6, comments above in bold.

I've heard of people doing this, but was worried about contamination. You think it's ok?

Yeah I do. My Doc told me to do it so he does to. You don't want to run the water over the top of the bottle. (As you know - You don't want any water geting into it) I usually run 2 inches of hot water into the sink and hold the bottle by the rim and hold it in the water for a minute. Then shake, swab, draw, stick. The only real benefit is that you don't need a draw needle. It slides into the injection needle nice and easy.
    As far as sticking the injection needle into the bottle and dulling it. - I have done it both ways (with a draw needle and without many times and never could tell a dif.) I never use draw needles anymore.
    Last edited by First6; 05-06-2010 at 12:43 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information