dsm1042 is offline New Member

2 questions, why mix steroids....

Hey guys i have two questions regarding steroids ....
    If the goal of taking steroids is to raise testosterone levels why do people mix steroids?
    specifically when taking test cyp, test E, and test pro, which are are perfectly androgenic /anabolic (1:1 ratio) why would some1 need to mix in other steroids with them (winstrol and d-bols for example)
    -----------------------------------------------
    2nd question,
    i recently gained access to test cyp, i really dont want to do a heavy cycle, is thier any way i could do a light cycle to supplament that natural test produced by my body? will even the lightest cycle stop my testies from producing testosterone ?

thanks in advanced, sry for the noob questions..

corestorm is offline Associate Member
    Nice post not sure of the answer though ill bump this for you and mabie one of the smarter guys will have an answer for you, good questions though was kinda wondering the same my self

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Different steroids are used for different goals (cutting, Bulking ect). There are many other reasons to stack aas, such as front loading but imo every cycle should include testosterone as a base..

To answer your other question we need your stats..

Bf%
    Weight
    Years training
    Pct knowledge???

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm1042 View Post
    Hey guys i have two questions regarding steroids ....
    If the goal of taking steroids is to raise testosterone levels why do people mix steroids?
    specifically when taking test cyp, test E, and test pro, which are are perfectly androgenic /anabolic (1:1 ratio) why would some1 need to mix in other steroids with them (winstrol and d-bols for example)

The goal is not raising testosterone levels, the goal is raising the amount of anabolism in your body. To make the body as anabolic as you can to get the gains you want.

For the most part all steroids work differently to create anabolism. Some bind very strongly to the androgen receptor like Tren, giving very good anabolic and androgenic abilities, some like anadrol have no measurable binding to the androgen receptor and so it causes gains through a completely different pathway. You combine different steroids to cover all the angles in a sense. To get your anabolism enhanced in all the different pathways that muscle building is associated with. There are 3 different groups of steroids, ones derived from Test, then 19-nor groups, and the DHT's. So for example people like to make a Test, Tren(19-nor), masteron(DHT) cycle, and combining the 3 different groups will help to increase your gains because each steroid will work on your body differently.

-----------------------------------------------
    2nd question,
    i recently gained access to test cyp, i really dont want to do a heavy cycle, is thier any way i could do a light cycle to supplament that natural test produced by my body? will even the lightest cycle stop my testies from producing testosterone?

thanks in advanced, sry for the noob questions..
    ANY amount of external androgens put into your body will cause suppression. A basic beginner cycle is usually Test E or C 400-500mg/week for 10 weeks. Doing any less than that is usually a waste.

k guys i'm 5'9. 145 pound, probably 8% body fat, im very thin, 4-5 pack abs, but not shredded.
    i used to be jacked, but i tore the tendons in my hand, had to take 14 weeks off and never went back to MMA, its been a year since i've been in the gym. i plan on hitting the gym hardcore for 8-12 months, then taking test cyp,
    -------------------
    how would doing less then 400mg be a waste, will the gains not be worth the side effects, or will there not be any gains. i mean it has to give u some edge rite?
    i kno ppl with naturally high test levels so i was wondering if i could dose in a way that i would have a HIGH but normal test level
    --thats for the responses

Exilus is offline Banned
    Your body produces naturally the equivalent of injecting 250 mg of testosterone . by taking 400 mg you barely increase your anabolic potential by 60%. The worst side effect (imo) from steroids is inhibition of natural production and it happens with a single 50 mg injection. So if you're gonna be supressed anyway, better make it worth it.

People stack steroids to be anabolic from week 1 to week (end).

Lets take example of a cycle
    1-4 dbol
    1-12 test-e
    8-14 anavar
    15+ pct.

Test-e supresses you from first injection, but will only give you results from week 5. so if you're gonna waste 4 weeks with no results being supressed, adding a fast-acting compound is a wise choice so you be anabolic from the start.

Same thing at the end. testosterone e takes 2-3 weeks to leave the body. so during those 2-3 weeks instead of waiting supressed with no results, we add a cutting compound until the pct.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilus View Post
    Your body produces naturally the equivalent of injecting 250 mg of testosterone.
    100mg of E or C puts most guys into the high physiological range (~800ng/ml). This is because the body ideally produces up to 10mg of test per day, which is why the ~70mg of actual test from 100mg of E or C (remember to discount the ester weight) is perfect for most HRT patients.
    If we naturally produced what you say we do, 500mg wouldn't be nearly as dramatic as it is, since it would only double your test levels. It takes a dramatic increase in test levels to cause any noticeable anabolic benefit, which is why test boosters (some of which have been shown to actually double natural test) don't do much.

considering we produce 70-120 mg of test a week would injecting 200 mg of test cyp equal to having 200mg of test in my body or will my body not absorb all of it

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    OH HELLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You stole my nick !

considering we produce 70-120 mg of test a week would injecting 200 mg of test cyp equal to having 200mg of test in my body or will my body not absorb all of it
    120mg is a very high estimate. absorption is 100%, but you have to factor in the weight of the ester unless you're using suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    OH HELLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You stole my nick !
    u stole mine, i've always been dirty south mathematics

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    120mg is a very high estimate. absorption is 100%, but you have to factor in the weight of the ester unless you're using suspension.
    im guessing since im only gonna be saucing for a cycle it would be waste to do 200 mgs,
    can u explain to me the deal with test cyp only working after week 5?

Forbidden16 is offline Junior Member
    im guessing since im only gonna be saucing for a cycle it would be waste to do 200 mgs,
    can u explain to me the deal with test cyp only working after week 5?
    It "works" from the moment you inject since it's already being released in your blood but since the Test has the Cypionate ester attached which has an average half life of 12 days, you won't see the "dramatic" difference from high levels of test until that time, when all the injections half lives have stacked up to a high enough point. (Assuming you're injecting 250mg x2/week). Hence why some people choose other fast acting steroids to "kickstart" their cycle quickly until the Test levels stacks up enough.

This doesn't happen with for example Test Propionate (2 days half life~) or Suspension (no ester) since they are released much quicker than Enanthate or Cypionate for example. Hope that helped.
    Last edited by Forbidden16; 05-03-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Bloodsaw is offline Associate Member
    Your body produces naturally the equivalent of injecting 250 mg of testosterone . by taking 400 mg you barely increase your anabolic potential by 60%. The worst side effect (imo) from steroids is inhibition of natural production and it happens with a single 50 mg injection. So if you're gonna be supressed anyway, better make it worth it.

1-4 dbol
    1-12 test-e
    8-14 anavar
    15+ pct.

Test-e supresses you from first injection, but will only give you results from week 5. so if you're gonna waste 4 weeks with no results being supressed, adding a fast-acting compound is a wise choice so you be anabolic from the start.

Same thing at the end. testosterone e takes 2-3 weeks to leave the body. so during those 2-3 weeks instead of waiting supressed with no results, we add a cutting compound until the pct.

your body produces far less than the equivalent of a 250mg shot per week...just saying, more like about half that....out of 250 i dont rem. the exact numbers but with E or C your getting 160 - 170 of that, which puts you way over the range you would naturally produce per week...

yea i get that but im assuming it wouldnt be worth the PCT to do a cycle of 250mg a week

yea i get that but im assuming it wouldnt be worth the PCT to do a cycle of 250mg a week
    250mg would be a bit low. You should do at least 300mg for a first cycle (I did 400 but most guys do 500).

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Your body produces naturally the equivalent of injecting 250 mg of testosterone. by taking 400 mg you barely increase your anabolic potential by 60%. The worst side effect (imo) from steroids is inhibition of natural production and it happens with a single 50 mg injection. So if you're gonna be supressed anyway, better make it worth it.

1-4 dbol
    1-12 test-e
    8-14 anavar
    15+ pct.

Nonsense.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Nonsense.
    I was cofused alittle about that to Fire, ive read a number of studies which conclude that the average male produces 6/7mgs per day....

Im still not to sure what it is as ive also read conflicting studies...

can u please explain why its nonsense?

Because 5-8mg/day does not add up to 250mg/week, no matter how you do the math. There is a reason why real TRT is usually 100mg/week of Test C, not 250+.

Because 250mgs on injectable test is WAY more than the average person produces on their own. If this were the case you wouldnt have so many people getting great results from the 250-400mgs range. There was a great post on this a couple months ago but I have zero memory on what the thread title was. Also remember SHBG levels play a huge role in this as well as they effect your free test levels.

I dont have any data to back this up and its strictly my opinion but. Many times people who are running test over 500mgs per week end up using AI's and SERMS to combat sides to the extent the dose loses some of its effectiveness. Doses in the lower range usually dont require any of these products making them more more potent on a mg for mg basis.

i understand tht 250 is way more then produced in a week, im trying to decide whether it would be worth iit to take that much

Thread Information