nwjt is offline Associate Member

Injection question

Just did my 4th injection of text. The 3rd I noticed this too, but the 4th it was really bad. I am having trouble pushing the needle through my skin. Originallly it went right through no probs.

TOnight I was puching and pushing and it wouldn't go so I stopped and tried another spot. THe needle just pushes the skin in quite a ways then it "pops" and the needle goes in, nice little burn when it does. ONce in teh muscle it goes it great.

Is this normal? I read test causes the skin to thicken, could that be it after only 4 weeks?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    nope that's not normal, and no the skin wouldn't thicken after 4 weeks (if at all).
    what all spots are you injecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    nope that's not normal, and no the skin wouldn't thicken after 4 weeks (if at all).
    what all spots are you injecting?
    In my quad, midpoint, alternate legs weekly. I try to relax my leg. I figured if I was tensing up, it would be hard to push into the muscle, not the skin right?

I use a different needle for drawing up then the new needle (1.5 in) to inject. I push it in slow, do I need to jab it or go at an angle? Or are my needles junk?

Big
    what gauge needles? some times the quads can be a bitch, have you ever tried delts?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ill bet he is using the SAME injection point/site and it's just scar tissue already. Use your WHOLE leg and do NOT inject near the last place for at least a few week...

I once in a while hit the same spot and it can be hard to push through but if you move 2 inches either way it's like butter.

22 guage, brand is becton dickinson. Says "luer-lok" what ever that means.

I go random spots, no way I would hit the exact same spot. Probably close to it though, I pick the thickest part.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Wow, 22g. Pretty close to just trying to inject a ice pick, JK. You may just want to move to a smaller gauge needle and see how that works, and like lovebytes said, move around with your injections, dont hit the same area all the time.

Big
    get some 25ga 1" and use your delts

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    22g is fine, I like 25 better.... If it's random areas then ???? Maybe you are putting to much pressure on the skin, let it relax more, dont stress/stretch it when injecting.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Sometimes it helps to inject just after getting out of the shower, when your muscles are warm and relaxed.

Thread Information