6.5Steve is offline New Member

Stroids help Fitness levels? How?

Hi, i am still yet to take my first cycle, I am just wondering If steroids can help your overall fitness as at the moment i am Very unfit and would struggle very much to run a mile until i start fitness training. I would like to know if steroids help you with fitness and how ?
    Thanks for any responses ..............

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What are your stats?

barnyap is offline Associate Member
    u are kidding right?... ur willing to take steroids to help fitness level? u struggle to run a mile? most people consider steroids after years of training and dieting. by the sounds of it you havent done any of either....

ThatGuyYeahHim is offline Associate Member
    Theyre not magical. You still need to work very hard with them to achieve your goals.

Saying that, if your body fat is over 15% and/or you have not trained and dieted correctly for at least 3-4 years then steroids will only cause you harm. They will not assist you in becoming fit or motivated etc neither will you lose weight on them.

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    certain steroids help increase RBC production which can make an already fit guy fitter, but most steroids if taken at high doses actually make 'fittness' ie ; running etc, a little harder believe it or not... so yes and no is the answer to your question

dont just start taking em cause you think you will get fitter, it dont work like that...

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    certain steroids help increase RBC production which can make an already fit guy fitter, but most steroids if taken at high doses actually make 'fittness' ie ; running etc, a little harder believe it or not... so yes and no is the answer to your question

dont just start taking em cause you think you will get fitter, it dont work like that...
    X2... Also a thing to consider if you cant work hard now and try setting yourself targets what makes you think you will be any better taking steroids to enhance fitness?

75% Diet, 20% Workout, 5% Roids IMHO...

LouHulk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyYeahHim View Post
    Theyre not magical. You still need to work very hard with them to achieve your goals.

Saying that, if your body fat is over 15% and/or you have not trained and dieted correctly for at least 3-4 years then steroids will only cause you harm. They will not assist you in becoming fit or motivated etc neither will you lose weight on them.
    Sorry to say but this is 100% absolute crap. You increase your chances of getting estrogen side effects if your not under 15% bf, and you risk injury if you have not been training for at least a year or two. Those are your risks. For some people it won't be a problem at all. I'm not recommending you use aas but realize this is propaganda and fear tactics. Your an adult I assume. If your over 25 and have bf near 15% with some serious gym training you will get results from aas. If your 20%+ bf and have no gym training then you are putting yourself at risk to get man boobs and a torn tendon or ligament.

The truth no BS : If you used steroids right now depending on how out of shape you are your really putting yourself at risk for problems. But for someone to say that they won't help you lose weight and will only cause harm is just wrong. Reality is you would probably lose weight and would probably put on some size. All you need is a good diet and proper training and you will be fine. Is it smart to use them with what you said.....no....is it going to be useless....no. It's a personal choice for folks.

If you don't eat correctly then as soon as you quit the steroids you will most likely go back to near the same size you were before. Also realize that once people make the plunge into aas world they don't come back and it becomes a lifestyle. Make sure your ready. I would not use the steroids if I were you right now but your an adult you decide.

Thanks for the good advice people.
    I am 20 years old and i do train but in irregular patterns for the last 2-3 years.
    I can do sets of 18kg curls on each arm. i dont bench press much but i know i can do 40kgs pushing it. I would say most of my bf is around my belly, hips, upper legs, and gluteous maximus lol. I am about 10-10.5 stone and 5'10. Medium build. My diet is also very irregular and sometimes not the healthiest. But i do try to eat healthily and i eat a lot usually.
    I will be getting better income soon and will be able to have more leeway with shopping and joining the gym with a personal trainer. I have a punchbag in my room and a bench with 90kgs. When the income is better then i will buy a few maximuscle supplements costing about £45 each and will start a proper eating and exercising routine.
    I will see how i go and obviously take a lot of advice from my trainer.......

It does seem a risky business when you have no idea what you are doing lol

All the advice muchos appreciated.

EDIT : For the past year and a half i have had next to no exercise
    Last edited by 6.5Steve; 05-31-2010 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5Steve View Post
    Thanks for the good advice people.
    I am 20 years old and i do train but in irregular patterns for the last 2-3 years.
    I can do sets of 18kg curls on each arm. i dont bench press much but i know i can do 40kgs pushing it. I would say most of my bf is around my belly, hips, upper legs, and gluteous maximus lol. I am about 10-10.5 stone and 5'10. Medium build. My diet is also very irregular and sometimes not the healthiest. But i do try to eat healthily and i eat a lot usually.
    I will be getting better income soon and will be able to have more leeway with shopping and joining the gym with a personal trainer. I have a punchbag in my room and a bench with 90kgs. When the income is better then i will buy a few maximuscle supplements costing about £45 each and will start a proper eating and exercising routine.
    I will see how i go and obviously take a lot of advice from my trainer.......

It does seem a risky business when you have no idea what you are doing lol

All the advice muchos appreciated.

EDIT : For the past year and a half i have had next to no exercise
    You don't want to be taking steroids at your age, you havent fully developed yet and by taking steroids you will shut down your own bodies hormone production will can have some serious sides at your age, you could end up with low testosterone for life and that brings a whole new set of problems what you wished you never had. All you need is to get in the gym and start working out, you need to sort your diet out because at your age you can put a ton of muscle on with your hormones if you had the right diet.

You also need to start working out and pushing the weights, you need to build a base from yrs of training, your 4 years away from taking any kind of steroids, you need to master food and training and build a foundation.

fanatic is offline Member
    Steroids aren't what you need, man, it's a lifestyle overhaul. AAS do help you train harder, sure, but if you have no fitness base or a string grasp on your diet, usage would be counter-productive.

My advice: go to the diet forums and start there. I do wish the best of luck.

Hi, i am still yet to take my first cycle, I am just wondering If steroids can help your overall fitness as at the moment i am Very unfit and would struggle very much to run a mile until i start fitness training. I would like to know if steroids help you with fitness and how ?
    Thanks for any responses ..............

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    You don't want to be taking steroids at your age, you havent fully developed yet and by taking steroids you will shut down your own bodies hormone production will can have some serious sides at your age, you could end up with low testosterone for life and that brings a whole new set of problems what you wished you never had. All you need is to get in the gym and start working out, you need to sort your diet out because at your age you can put a ton of muscle on with your hormones if you had the right diet.

You also need to start working out and pushing the weights, you need to build a base from yrs of training, your 4 years away from taking any kind of steroids, you need to master food and training and build a foundation.
    I am 21 in October though...........
    What it is for me is im waiting for my income to Double, then i can afford the diet thats needed, and a gym membership with a personal trainer.
    I am unemployed and so have all the time in the world for this. My fitness levels are appauling but i'm sure a couple of months in the gym with a personal trainer can sort that out ?
    I hear you on the hormone production thing. What would the sides be ?

I am definately going to study steroids very thoroughly and ask my trainer about them as i really want to get big asap lol
    Loads of teenagers in America take steds don't they ? ? ?

EDIT : I don't know the exact details about them but i know some of my old friends were very skinny with next to no muscles, then after 3 months and steroids they are huge. They are also 19 - 20 years old and all seem perfectly fine still. I'm not sure what cardio or weight training they did before ......... ? I wouldn't have thought the weight training to be much more than me though to be honest
    Last edited by 6.5Steve; 06-03-2010 at 02:56 AM.

BUMP

Anyone ? ?

Thats the exact same thing you said before mate. Did yu mean to do that ?

Can someone give their opinion on my previous quote pleeeease ? Thanks

Thats the exact same thing you said before mate. Did yu mean to do that ?

Can someone give their opinion on my previous quote pleeeease ? Thanks
    Yes I know because you didnt read what I put, no matter who is taking steroids they are not right for you at this stage, they are probably not right for the people you know, thats why i copied it again so it would sink in.

Your to young to take steroids, you could end up with low testosterone for life if you use steroids when your own hormones havent fully developed yet, you also need to work on your diet and build a base, you are 3 yrs away from steroids, sort your diet out and build a base.

bjohnson1968 is offline Member
    yea...you dont want to do steroids at your age for all the reasons marcus said
    thats the skinny bro

Yes I know because you didnt read what I put, no matter who is taking steroids they are not right for you at this stage, they are probably not right for the people you know, thats why i copied it again so it would sink in.

Your to young to take steroids, you could end up with low testosterone for life if you use steroids when your own hormones havent fully developed yet, you also need to work on your diet and build a base, you are 3 yrs away from steroids, sort your diet out and build a base.
    Ohh alright then i understand. Thanks 4 the advice mate.
    I was not planning on taking them regularly, I was planning on getting into a routine for a few months first, then only take 2 or 3 cycles and thats it. I don't want to get too big. If i can get a good size from 2 or 3 cycles then i would stop, but carry on training daily...........

Also what is so bad about losing testosterone ? Not that i would want to at all lol. I love my anger lol

Ohh alright then i understand. Thanks 4 the advice mate.
    I was not planning on taking them regularly, I was planning on getting into a routine for a few months first, then only take 2 or 3 cycles and thats it. I don't want to get too big. If i can get a good size from 2 or 3 cycles then i would stop, but carry on training daily...........

Also what is so bad about losing testosterone? Not that i would want to at all lol. I love my anger lol
    Forget steroids , you need to eat correctly for the next few yrs and you will put weight/mass on, if your not eating right its pointless, it takes longer than a couple of months.

Taking steroids shuts your own test production down so when you come off steroids you wont have any testosterone and you need to restart it up again, if your young and your system hasnt fully developed you can cause yourself a load of problems, low testosterone : erection problems, mood swings,depression, fat gain,muscle loss, anger issues,emotional and many many more what you dont want to be having when your own testosterone is at its highest it will ever be, so dont shut your own system down use what you have instead of creating problems when your not even eating right.
    AAS: Things to consider before starting a first cycle

Forget steroids , you need to eat correctly for the next few yrs and you will put weight/mass on, if your not eating right its pointless, it takes longer than a couple of months.

Taking steroids shuts your own test production down so when you come off steroids you wont have any testosterone and you need to restart it up again, if your young and your system hasnt fully developed you can cause yourself a load of problems, low testosterone : erection problems, mood swings,depression, fat gain,muscle loss, anger issues,emotional and many many more what you dont want to be having when your own testosterone is at its highest it will ever be, so dont shut your own system down use what you have instead of creating problems when your not even eating right.
    AAS: Things to consider before starting a first cycle
    Okay then, Do you have any good diets for training for me? I will be doing a lot of cardio with my PT and a lot of weight training. I will eventually be going to the gym 2 - 3 times a day possibly if it can be done lol
    wb

barnyap is offline Associate Member
    your pt should be able to do that for you according to your body type,experience etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by barnyap View Post
    your pt should be able to do that for you according to your body type,experience etc etc
    Okay then, I didnt know that. Lets hope so as im will be paying £40 a month for him...........
    Sound

Thread Information